Author Topic: Troll bashing is fun  (Read 1439 times)

Eamonn

Re: Troll bashing is fun
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 06:26:32 AM »
They must be attentionseekers, like you say they should be forced to prove their little theorem.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 06:27:50 AM »
oh yes - at gunpoint, if necessary.  ;)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 06:58:04 AM »
I believe they did that already; got one of them to do it under controlled circumstances, and, surprise surprise, within 4 days the woman's health had collapsed and she couldn't continue with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breatharianism

Quote from: Wikipedia
Jasmuheen (born Ellen Greve) was probably the most famous advocate of Breatharianism during the 1990s. [2] She claimed "I can go for months and months without having anything at all other than a cup of tea. My body runs on a different kind of nourishment."[3] Several interviewers found her house full of food, but she claimed the food was for her husband.

In 1999, she volunteered to be monitored closely by Australia's 60 Minutes for one week without eating to demonstrate her methods. [4] [5]

Greve claimed that she failed because on the first day of the test she had been confined in a hotel room near a busy road, saying that the stress and pollution kept her from getting the nutrients she needed from the air. ?I asked for fresh air. Seventy percent of my nutrients come from fresh air. I couldn?t even breathe,? she said. On the third day the test moved to a mountainside retreat where she could get plenty of fresh air and live happily. After Greve had fasted for four days, Dr. Berris Wink, president of the Queensland branch of the Australian Medical Association, urged her to stop the test.

According to the doctor, Greve?s pupils were dilated, her speech was slow, she was "quite dehydrated, probably over 10 per cent, getting up to 11 per cent." Towards the end of the test, he said, "Her pulse is about double what it was when she started. The risks if she goes any further are kidney failure. 60 Minutes would be culpable if they encouraged her to continue. She should stop now." The test was stopped. Dr. Wink said, "Unfortunately there are a few people who may believe what she says, and I'm sure it's only a few, but I think it's quite irresponsible for somebody to be trying to encourage others to do something that is so detrimental to their health."[6]
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 10:04:59 AM »
"i asked for fresh air" !!!

hahahahaha!

yeah, well i often ask for caviar, and a country estate, and johnny depp, and i don't get them, either.

anyway - as though the air quality would make a fucking difference.

stupid cow.   ::)