Educational

Author Topic: my 1000th post and apology  (Read 697 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
my 1000th post and apology
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »
i have been waiting for this momentous occasion to use my 1000th post as an apology to Purposeful Insanity.? She was 100% correct in her pursuits over the explosive matters of the past week.? I never disagreed with her in spirit, only in timing.? My problem was that i have communication problems and forget that people do not live in my thoughts.? And i realize that sometimes i require a translator to understand my meanings.
Purposeful Insanity was doing what she thought was best for the community and true and just.? And just to clear the air Duncvis is not under her thumb, its the other way around ;).

the following is an exact replica of a pm correspondance between her and i.? hopefully it could shed some light on the matter.? and answer some peoples confusion, if there was any. she agreed to this being made public:

Quote from: purposefulinsanity
I have said to you on more than one occasion that I try to be a little tactful when addressing concerns because I believe that if people start being defensive nothing get discussed- and that is what happened and then I let myself get defensive when you started with the 'you can't discuss it cos I said so'? If you had clearly stated that you felt it was a discussion that should be left for later rather than just dismissing it entirely things wouldn't have got so heated.

? But as it stands now I'm left feeling like I've been kicked in the teeth by the people I thought I was 'working' with.? I'm left with your insinuations in public that I was running the WC by myself, {which have already lead to digs by Eamonn that Dunc is under my thumb}.? I understand that this is Intensity and I can take the heat on any other issue- but at the moment I feel that I'm been made a scapegoat because you've calmed down and realised that you're not ready to walk away from your admin role.

Quote from McJagger
what can i do to make you feel more welcome and less undermind?
would you like:
a public apology
me to remain de-modded
a statement of facts declaring it a misunderstanding

do you have any suggestions?

i am sorry that it turned out this way for the both of us.? i am positive that we both share the same goals but had different ideas about how to go about them.

i am not sorry for the bottom line results.? yes we both took a PR hit, but it is beginning to look like the wishes of the community might be closer served as a result.? it seems like we are moving towards administrative full disclosure.? more people also chimed in about their feelings for a WC.? i think that it is a mistake that we abandon a general outline for a crisis managements team.? but the discussion is still here and could easily offer advice if the situation were to occur that it would be needed.? and the general outline that you authored is, i feel, an excellent starting point.

i do not want a yes man.? i am not looking for cronies.? i hope that this whole experience hasn't left you feeling jaded and a little gunshy.? in the future, when the situation becomes critical, your zeal and passion for fairness could be a great asset.

IMHO.? if this was about winners and losers i would have to think that you won.
why?
i was forced to reevaluate my perception of self.? i was forced to compromise my basic beliefs (for what i felt was a greater good, protecting other administrators).? you are vindicated in the fact that you are right.? i was wrong in as much as the base argument is concerned, my compromise to my beliefs are basically about timing issues and the sacrifice i made to myself may or may not be a positive thing, time will tell.? as far as you are concerned you should feel pride in the fact that you held onto your guns and didn't compromise your beliefs.
and poistive change will occur from this as a result of your conviction.

politics are a game played best by those without conviction.? i am not very pleased with my handling of these matters, and need to take a hard look at myself and wonder...
how much am i willing to compromise?

i still feel that it was for the best.? but certainly not a character issue i feel comfortable exploring.? and one i care not to visit very often.?
i need to learn tact.? i always assume everybody lives in my thoughts and the truth is that i don't come accross all that clearly.? thus, my reasoning as to why, i am not a good leader.? as a 'face' i am very limited in my abilities. i feel that my skills are best suited behind the scenes, in the ear of the 'face'.? and it would also be important for the 'face' to have the ability to interpret me.

let me know what i can do to make you feel more at ease about this whole situation.

-robert

and i will not field any questions about this cause i said so! :police: ::) :P ;)

Capish?

Nah just kidding, yes i will but don't expect a straight answer. :-\ :o :-X :angel:
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
Re: my 1000th post and apology
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
dammit eamonn i knew that you'd be first.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 04:06:53 PM »
Just one question as i feel this is important in what i disclose to you in pm's and emails in the future. Did you ask for purposefulinsanity's permission to go public with your private correspondance?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 04:12:23 PM »
yes eamonn, read the top again.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »
Ooops, missed that part. Looks like you've been well and truly...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
no need to flip a coin eamonn, i'll take the fat one.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 06:36:58 PM »
Purposeful Insanity is female? 
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »

Yes.  She is a very intelligent female who brought up some excellent points.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »

Yes.  She is a very intelligent female who brought up some excellent points.

An intelligent female?   :laugh:

If you don't understand the humerous intention here, you must be a woman.

That was a joke, you stupid bitch.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?