Educational

Author Topic: how many here are non drivers/? why do americans  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: how many here are non drivers/? why do americans
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
:bigcry:

I think she's folding, guys.
I feel it's only fair  warn. I'm likely to  to-to-to.... hug you if you keep that up.
Heck, I had no idea you had a complex about that green face of yours :(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
Don't. Hug. Me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »
Don't. Hug. Me.

OK, Boss. Fine. You win.  Just don't do that crying thing again.  It gives me cognitive dissonance

*meekly tiptoes out of the thread*

*pauses  at the door.*

Huh? but hang on .  It's still the non-drivers thread, isn't it.  :tard:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »

>:D

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
Fuck, that's scary, Iq !  OK, I'm really outta here now.  :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2017, 11:56:26 AM »
Don't. Hug. Me.

OK, Boss. Fine. You win.  Just don't do that crying thing again.  It gives me cognitive dissonance

*meekly tiptoes out of the thread*

*pauses  at the door.*

Huh? but hang on .  It's still the non-drivers thread, isn't it.  :tard:

OK, you lot can talk about not driving now. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »
My wife has bought a big SUV.  I've never driven one before.  All my life I've been a polite, defensive driver, but after a couple of weeks driving this thing I find I'm barging through small gaps, making other people brake and generally being an arse on the road.

I love it.

In other words you're an Omega male who abuses the very first taste of power you've had in your life.

Fucking loser.   :hahaha:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »
Walkie, why not trade in for this, nobody is going to cut you up in this:

http://www.exarmyvehicles.com/offer/tracked-vehicles/tanks/main-battle-tank-t-72#lightbox-grouped[g]/0/

Russian T-72, max speed 50 km/hour (road) 30 across rougher  terrain,
Weapon outfit-main cannon: 125mm (smoothbore), pair of machineguns, 1x7.62mm co-axial mount and 12.7mm heavy autocannon, anti-aircraft capability.
Pretty unfussy about fuel type too, capable of running on petrol, diesel or even paraffin oil.

Or for something smaller, a little faster, by way of a light scout tank with night-ops specialization, including radar, secondary radar for small targets, along with night vision, laser rangefinder along with laser sight countermeasures (detection of active irradiation targeting), max speed 65km/h smooth terrain 45 rough ground, main gun smoothbore with 7.62mm machinegun and antitank rocket launchers

Maybe a self-propelled howitzer, ShKH vz.77 'dana', top speed 80km/h 152mm howitzer, up to 60 round reserve capacity, dependent on ammo type, wheeled rather than tracked, light antiaircraft machinegun (very light, for an AA gun, just 7.62mm, still would do just fine to deal with shitty drivers, and you could use the light AA backup as the perfect tool for dealing with those lycra-clad shitheads who are not just ordinary, decent cyclists but the kind of fuckheads who obsess over their bikes and ride like, well, fuckheads and think they were born to own the roads. Would be the last time THEY do any cutting up.

And  with a maximum range (main weapon, if using specialized long-range ammunition, 20km, with a range for the standard ammo of a bit over 4 1/2 km) then anyone who's pissed you off and sped off...well they better be pretty quick off the mark and get lucky every time you get a shot off (and for a damn long time if your packing the long range grenade launcher variant (only 40 round max capacity for the main turret but with a 20km range that ought to give any bastard driver an awful case of the shites:D)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
Walkie, why not trade in for this, nobody is going to cut you up in this:

http://www.exarmyvehicles.com/offer/tracked-vehicles/tanks/main-battle-tank-t-72#lightbox-grouped[g]/0/

Russian T-72, max speed 50 km/hour (road) 30 across rougher  terrain,
Weapon outfit-main cannon: 125mm (smoothbore), pair of machineguns, 1x7.62mm co-axial mount and 12.7mm heavy autocannon, anti-aircraft capability.
Pretty unfussy about fuel type too, capable of running on petrol, diesel or even paraffin oil.

Or for something smaller, a little faster, by way of a light scout tank with night-ops specialization, including radar, secondary radar for small targets, along with night vision, laser rangefinder along with laser sight countermeasures (detection of active irradiation targeting), max speed 65km/h smooth terrain 45 rough ground, main gun smoothbore with 7.62mm machinegun and antitank rocket launchers

Maybe a self-propelled howitzer, ShKH vz.77 'dana', top speed 80km/h 152mm howitzer, up to 60 round reserve capacity, dependent on ammo type, wheeled rather than tracked, light antiaircraft machinegun (very light, for an AA gun, just 7.62mm, still would do just fine to deal with shitty drivers, and you could use the light AA backup as the perfect tool for dealing with those lycra-clad shitheads who are not just ordinary, decent cyclists but the kind of fuckheads who obsess over their bikes and ride like, well, fuckheads and think they were born to own the roads. Would be the last time THEY do any cutting up.

And  with a maximum range (main weapon, if using specialized long-range ammunition, 20km, with a range for the standard ammo of a bit over 4 1/2 km) then anyone who's pissed you off and sped off...well they better be pretty quick off the mark and get lucky every time you get a shot off (and for a damn long time if your packing the long range grenade launcher variant (only 40 round max capacity for the main turret but with a 20km range that ought to give any bastard driver an awful case of the shites:D)

LOL @ Lestat. Love the idea .

But like I said, I don't cycle any more and there;'s a reason (or severa for that)l , and Isome of that reasoning  extends to any form of vehicle, even including  a powered wheelchair.
I'd be a danger to both self and others on wheels.

Ofc DVLA would let my drive a powerered vwheelchair, or one of those shopping buggies , because thety;re  not regulated , but they damned well ought to be, IMO.  I'd be one of those suicidal, antisocial assholes that ride roughshod d over pedestrians, straight iinto the path of uncoming traffic etc. Couldn't help it.  I have absences, twitches, spasms,  and all kinds of attention issues.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:20:01 AM by Walkie »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
At least you could AFFORD to be an antisocial prick in a tank, I don't for some reason, get a mental picture of a very long list of complaints from those with toes that came afoul of your shitty tank driving.

The really ironic thing is that currently there is a horror movie just starting on TV and so far, its foo early to get an idea of what the plot is, but it seems like one of what might turn out to be main characters is a young boy, wheelchair bound but in some sort of home-built motorized, petrol-driven thing and the wheelchair is of the meant-to-be hand-propelled variety, only with a petrol engine and a pair of hand-brakes and motorcycle-style handlebar mounted throttle control.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »
At least you could AFFORD to be an antisocial prick in a tank, I don't for some reason, get a mental picture of a very long list of complaints from those with toes that came afoul of your shitty tank driving.

In which alternate universe??

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2017, 02:23:04 AM »
At least you could AFFORD to be an antisocial prick in a tank,
Huh? you've lost me there, Lestat. In what sense could I possibly afford it?

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2017, 09:32:19 AM »

Drugs are baaaaad, Mmmkay?

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2017, 01:08:40 PM »

Drugs are baaaaad, Mmmkay?

Yes Mr. Mackey.