Author Topic: Home Schooling?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
Re: Home Schooling?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
Sometimes, I forget how good we have it, in this country. This is amazing stuff.

Authorities Ask German Homeschooling Family to Give up Custody of Other 5 Children

By Gudrun Schultz

Busekros family Germany, February 26, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The parents of a 15-year-old school girl taken from her home by authorities in a battle over home schooling have been asked to give up custody of their other five children, as part of a resolution to the situation offered by German officials.

The latest development in the ongoing battle between the Busekros family and the German authorities was reported by the Home Schooling Legal Defense Fund, a U.S.-based organization that has been tracking an accelerating crackdown against home schooling families in Germany.

Melissa Busekros was removed from her family home on Feb.1 by social workers accompanied by 15 police officers, under a court order to use force if necessary. The girl was placed in a psychiatric ward for evaluation and determined to be “school phobic,” according to authorities. Without her parents’ knowledge or consent she was then placed in an undisclosed foster home.

The girl’s parents began tutoring her in math and Latin at home, after she had trouble keeping up in class. When the school found out, Melissa was expelled and her parents then began home schooling her full time. The Youth Welfare office took the parents to court and received permission to conduct a psychiatric evaluation of the girl, and two days later returned to take her into custody and place her in the child psychiatric unit.

Hubert Busekros, the girl’s father, told HLSDA he and his lawyer were offered a resolution to the situation that required the Busekros’ to give up custody of their five other children. Mr. Busekros said the authorities are considering performing psychiatric evaluations of the other children, he fears with the intent of discrediting the couple as parents and permanently breaking up the family.

Home schooling is illegal in Germany under a law dating back to Adolf Hitler....

Sorry if this offends any Germans who come to this site, but to this decision and their continued enforcement of this law the only thing that I can is .....

SIEG FUCKING HEIL!!!  :grrr: :finger:
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

duncvis

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 03:48:57 AM »
Fuck the nanny state up its overbearing arse. The only reason to wish to compel people to submit to having their children 'educated' by the state without the right to do it yourself is so that they can be taught what THE STATE/their paymasters want them to learn, and to become good little sheep.  :finger:

Litigious

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 03:56:20 AM »
Why do you think that I advocate free guns in half of my threads?  >:D

The_P

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »
Fuck the nanny state up its overbearing arse. The only reason to wish to compel people to submit to having their children 'educated' by the state without the right to do it yourself is so that they can be taught what THE STATE/their paymasters want them to learn, and to become good little sheep.  :finger:

My experience of state education has taught me a lot: fear, anxiety, bitterness, resentment, etc.

If my education progress wasn't put in the hands of people who don't really care about their students and having to be forced to interact with those fucking sociopaths, my mental state would be a lot better off than it is today.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:12 AM »
Children should be destroyed long before they
need ANY schooling.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »

Not everyone pukes down their throats,
like a guttersniping, feathered mutant buff
of blanket, eidolonic malignance.
Mine grow hair, which fertilizes the ground
where we grow food. I have a bit more
invested than a self-pinned
crested demon would.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »
Even though I was pretty miserable during school, I far prefer having suffered through it than dropping out or being home schooled. I remember hearing a song about how life is just an extension of high school...
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »
I would definitely have had an easier time
with home schooling (not that anyone did
that) but I just don't see how being hidden
from society would have made me fit in any
better. Still, I DON'T fit in now, so maybe the
misery wasn't worth it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2007, 06:43:02 PM »

Not everyone pukes down their throats,
like a guttersniping, feathered mutant buff
of blanket, eidolonic malignance.
Mine grow hair, which fertilizes the ground
where we grow food. I have a bit more
invested than a self-pinned
crested demon would.

:laugh: :clap: How did I miss this the first time around?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 10:20:49 PM »
Home schooling is a good option.  Do you have any schools for children with autism in your area?  They just opened one in Salt Lake - I don't know how good it is, or anything like that.  But it seems like it could be another option.
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 06:01:44 AM »

Home schooling is a good option.  Do you have any schools for children with autism in your area?  They just opened one in Salt Lake - I don't know how good it is, or anything like that.  But it seems like it could be another option.
Locally, we have two that I know of, but one is actually a segment of a much larger hospital for children. They are both intended for severely low functioning kids or those with compounding problems related to health or retardation. My kids are quite high functioning little geniuses, on most days, so I am mainly looking at this option in an effort to take away some of the burden of daily structured lessons in an environment that is detrimental to learning (public schools).

I have tried to concentrate my teaching during times when they are most receptive and we've had some tremendous successes. When they are curious, they absorb complex things so fast, it's almost scary. An instructor with twenty five other kids, all learning at different rates, can not possibly be sensitive to when they can march past six chapters with one special kid, making for an incredibly productive day of learning and then, the next day, take an afternoon off, because a student is about to go nuts from trying to stay still and quiet while being overstimulated. It is those afternoons when my kids can not focus that have caused every single problem we have had in school. A public school teacher can not just say "Close the books, we'll try again, tomorrow." They are required to continue to forcefeed lessons at some prescribed pace, regardless of whether a child is actually learning, it seems.

I have been close to standing on top of the conference table and screaming at a few of the meetings, because they give me these little checklists of behavioral issues "we should work on". I can't make my kids fit their mold, no matter how many daily checklists of asinine suggestions they send home.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant at you, but this is still a hotbutton topic for us, here. Thanks for the suggestion. I am sure there are some really good ASD schools out there for people who need them, most. We mainly just need a little flexibility in our lesson routines for our kids and I am not getting much help with that in the public school. Frustrating!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2007, 06:05:33 AM »

:laugh: :clap: How did I miss this the first time around?

I was feeling a little peevish and becoming annoyed at the pressures to euthanise people who aren't perfect. Calandale just happened to get in my path.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »

That is what my daughter is attending now.

Depending on traffic, it takes about an hour and fifteen minutes for her to go there in the mornings and about an hour and a half to come home in the afternoons (and about twice as long for me), but she seems to be enjoying the school and it seems to be helping.

Offline greendragon

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 11:19:52 PM »
I home school my cat :laugh:
...Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!