Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250389 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #18525 on: June 02, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »
Stupid bug bites; I'm having a localised allergic reaction to them.  The skin for a cm or two around them is red and hard, and there's an area of more modestly inflamed skin about the size of the palm of my hands around each of them.  I also felt a little sting near my jawline when I was in the garden about an hour ago, and I'm hoping that my face won't be the next thing to swell up.

Do you have any cortisone cream or anything else you can use to reduce the swellings?   :orly:

I've been applying hydrocortisone cream, but I don't know if it's doing much good. 

Do you have any antihistamine like Benadryl?

I have some cetirizine, and I'll give it a go.

May depend on the bug that bit you. Do you have this reaction with all bites?
If you have been bitten by a kind of horsefly, it may be a small infection that bothers you. They almost always bring dirt in the wound. Disinfecting will be of more help than anti-histamines in that case.

My oldest had reactions on one kind of striped mosquito, couple of years ago. The GP advised dabbing the places with an povidone-iodine tincture. Worked well for her then.

I haven't reacted before to midge bites, ticks, wasp stings or dog bites, but I think this is the first time I've been bitten by horseflies.  I'm constantly getting thorns lodged under my skin and soil, dirty pond water and other nasty things rubbed into wounds on my hands and arms without it bothering me, so I don't think it's due to dirt in the wound.

Horseflies are carriers of germs. Their bites are so bad because of that. That's the kind of dirt I meant.

Since I read about that, I keep a horsefly-bite disinfected, if I get one, and it makes a big difference in the reaction I get on it.

I know that you meant germs, but thorns, soil and dirty pond water are also loaded with them, and I don't usually bother to disinfect my wounds besides rinsing the obvious dirt out of them, however I rubbed some antiseptic into the bites in case it helps.

I hardly ever have problems with scratches, thorns etc. Only seldom does that lead to infection. Horsefly bites almost always leads to infection with me. Probably because the horsefly bites other critters who host germs that can feast on us too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18526 on: June 02, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »
$2500 for the transmission for my wife's car :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18527 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »
$2500 for the transmission for my wife's car :zombiefuck:

If you think that's pricey, try keeping a horse.   :zombiefuck:  :zombiefuck:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18528 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
I don't understand 1/10th of the computer stuff people talk about.

eris

« Reply #18529 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
I gotta go potty and my friend is in the shower :(:(:(:(

I could go in there, not like I didnt just seem him naked 5 minutes ago, but I dont think he would like what I had to do in there.

:(

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18530 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »

It's OK, neither do I!  We'll just muddle through somehow!  Keep calm and carry on!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18531 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:03 PM »

It's OK, neither do I!  We'll just muddle through somehow!  Keep calm and carry on!  :viking:

What's scary is that we've had our computer for about 16 months and I just learned that Prince Albert didn't know you could maximize videos.  He'd been watching them in a small window.  "That's why we got a large monitor, love.  Because you can't see and, oh, never mind.  I still love you.  Just do this and then this..."

eris

« Reply #18532 on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
he better hurry up :(

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18533 on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
he better hurry up :(

Why don't you just run in and turn the hot water faucet off?  It would be torture and he might get out of there quickly.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18534 on: June 03, 2011, 04:56:10 AM »
I've been awake for 20 minutes and I'm already regretting it.  I was vaguely aware of clenching my teeth while I was waking up, and the clenching set off one of the tooth-nerve headaches I've been having lately.  I also spilled some freshly boiled water down the side of my foot and mildly burned my ankle.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18535 on: June 03, 2011, 04:59:44 AM »
I've been awake for 20 minutes and I'm already regretting it.  I was vaguely aware of clenching my teeth while I was waking up, and the clenching set off one of the tooth-nerve headaches I've been having lately.  I also spilled some freshly boiled water down the side of my foot and mildly burned my ankle.

Ouch.

That's gotta hurt.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18536 on: June 03, 2011, 05:05:32 AM »

Here in the States, you can go to a drugstore and buy a bite guard to wear in your mouth when you sleep.
 If you can get something similar where you are, it might be helpful to use till you can see a dentist.   :orly:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18537 on: June 03, 2011, 05:28:25 AM »

Here in the States, you can go to a drugstore and buy a bite guard to wear in your mouth when you sleep.
 If you can get something similar where you are, it might be helpful to use till you can see a dentist.   :orly:

I have a bite guard somewhere, probably in one of the boxes up in the loft where it would be difficult to find.  I'll ask mum if she's seen it around; she's always good at finding things.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18538 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:52 AM »

I have a bite guard somewhere, probably in one of the boxes up in the loft where it would be difficult to find.  I'll ask mum if she's seen it around; she's always good at finding things.

Oh, good, I hope you find it.  I should wear one myself.  :chin:

People forget.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #18539 on: June 03, 2011, 07:46:01 AM »
Bugger, radio seem to only play happy Summer tunes the last couple of days.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.