Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250271 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #15390 on: November 07, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
I think I have one small compulsion.  I feel I have to read all my unread posts (or at least click on them in the Unread post section and go back to the unread post section to clear them off the list) before I can leave I2 for the session.  I want a clean index before I leave.

I share your pain.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15391 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
Oh, and WTF is the matter with my son's autie camp these days? I thought they were supposed to be making things easier for us, not harder. :grrr:

What are they doing now?  ???

My son had a minor meltdown this morning because he didn't want to join the rest of the gang on today's activity. Instead of simply calling us, the staff called their boss who isn't the sharpest tool in the box but also all not THERE, who then called us long after we had already talked to our son (he, like every other teenager on the planet, has a mobile phone) and the whole incident was history. Then the boss called me again, an hour afterwards, to state the obvious (that the issue had been resolved and that HE had decided that the staff should take their chances and have my son come along for the activity) and annoyed me sufficiently to hang up on him after telling him what an inept twerp he is.

They drove my kid home a few minutes ago so I asked them if it would have been easier to call us directly instead of calling their boss. Or, if they preferred the bureaucracy, I could call someone else every time I wanted to talk to them and that someone could then call THEM. She didn't understand, just said that "he is our boss, after all".

Idiots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #15392 on: November 07, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
missed post 666666 on I2 today. Must have happened not long ago.  :asthing:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #15393 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
Social Distortion canceled last night. I was wondering why the opening acts were running so late. I was glad to see Frank Turner again and Lucero puts on a good show, but I wouldn't have driven so far if I had known Social Distortion couldn't make it. I didn't find out until Lucero took the stage and said they were sorry Social Distortion couldn't make it, but at least it's free. As it turns out, that was why nobody ever asked for my ticket. Sooooo, am I getting a refund on my ticket seeing as how everyone got to see last night's show for free?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:50:21 AM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Celticgoddess

« Reply #15394 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:06 AM »
Oh, and WTF is the matter with my son's autie camp these days? I thought they were supposed to be making things easier for us, not harder. :grrr:

My son had a minor meltdown this morning because he didn't want to join the rest of the gang on today's activity. Instead of simply calling us, the staff called their boss who isn't the sharpest tool in the box but also all not THERE, who then called us long after we had already talked to our son (he, like every other teenager on the planet, has a mobile phone) and the whole incident was history. Then the boss called me again, an hour afterwards, to state the obvious (that the issue had been resolved and that HE had decided that the staff should take their chances and have my son come along for the activity) and annoyed me sufficiently to hang up on him after telling him what an inept twerp he is.

They drove my kid home a few minutes ago so I asked them if it would have been easier to call us directly instead of calling their boss. Or, if they preferred the bureaucracy, I could call someone else every time I wanted to talk to them and that someone could then call THEM. She didn't understand, just said that "he is our boss, after all".

Idiots.

okay that makes absolutely no sense. Why should the boss be deciding on how to handle the situation if he's not even there to begin with? Each time a child melts it could be for different reasons. Making a blanket state that he always has to go on the outings is stupid. What if he really doesn't have it in him that day because he's already overstimulated? That's like ASKING for a worse meltdown because he can't cope (which is not his fault) and then blaming him for it. Things like that really piss me off.

If it were me, I'd write a letter to the staff stating that if there is an issue they are to call you directly.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15395 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »

Idiots.

okay that makes absolutely no sense. Why should the boss be deciding on how to handle the situation if he's not even there to begin with? Each time a child melts it could be for different reasons. Making a blanket state that he always has to go on the outings is stupid. What if he really doesn't have it in him that day because he's already overstimulated? That's like ASKING for a worse meltdown because he can't cope (which is not his fault) and then blaming him for it. Things like that really piss me off.

If it were me, I'd write a letter to the staff stating that if there is an issue they are to call you directly.

Exactly! That's just common sense, and common courtesy.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15396 on: November 07, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
I feel tired

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15397 on: November 07, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
I feel hopeful that I will actually get a significant amount of work done today!  :)

People forget.

Binty

« Reply #15398 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
Noisy Italians playing their shitty music loudly  :grrr:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15399 on: November 07, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
My lifelong hoarding has left me with one hell of a mess to sort out!  :duh:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15400 on: November 07, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
i miss ed trhe fireworks last night

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15401 on: November 07, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
My downstairs neighbor has a dog in the apartment, probably temporarily, as pets are not allowed in the building.
I love dogs, but this one has a shrieking, sobbing quality to his bark, and he just goes on and on!  :zombiefuck:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15402 on: November 07, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
facebook chat isnt working >:(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15403 on: November 07, 2010, 04:36:44 PM »

Idiots.

I talked to one in the staff and she wasn't able to give me an answer beyond "he is my boss".

So we wrote an email to the uber-boss (boss of the boss) earlier and told her that this is NOT OK. Shit will hit the fan. Shit will most definitely hit the fan.

And people ask me why I have these migraines.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15404 on: November 07, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »

Idiots.

Exactly! That's just common sense, and common courtesy.

Yeah. Common sense, mostly. I'm beyond courteous myself, now, but that neither here nor there.

- Albert Einstein