Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250487 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #14475 on: September 11, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »
Thanks odeon. That worked. Not sure if you have had this problem tho', but for the past 24 hours the 'net has been as slow as sending snail mail. Whether it's the network or something to do with Sep 11. Then again, it could be our ISP has put us back to 56K because of excess usage. Just wondering.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14476 on: September 11, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
panic attack :thumbdn:

Better now but it was bad :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #14477 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
panic attack :thumbdn:

Better now but it was bad :zombiefuck:
What happens with panic attack?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #14478 on: September 12, 2010, 12:13:02 AM »
Thanks odeon. That worked. Not sure if you have had this problem tho', but for the past 24 hours the 'net has been as slow as sending snail mail. Whether it's the network or something to do with Sep 11. Then again, it could be our ISP has put us back to 56K because of excess usage. Just wondering.

Who are you with? Have you had a look on the forums at Whirlpool to see if your ISP are having any issues?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14479 on: September 12, 2010, 02:48:39 AM »
I got another phone to use while my phone is being sent away to be fixed. It is probably going to take two to four weeks.

And now my mouse has stopped working. Grr.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14480 on: September 12, 2010, 04:54:55 AM »
I got another phone to use while my phone is being sent away to be fixed. It is probably going to take two to four weeks.

And now my mouse has stopped working. Grr.

That really sucks, I'm truly sorry to hear it. My heart goes out to anyone whose internet use is hindered by any technical problem.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14481 on: September 12, 2010, 05:16:30 AM »
I am really going to miss my workplace friend who is starting a new job tomorrow.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14482 on: September 12, 2010, 06:18:54 AM »

Who are you with? Have you had a look on the forums at Whirlpool to see if your ISP are having any issues?

Bigpond. It seems we have exceeded the usage (12GB limit). How it happened was that we put a wireless modem on, and then used 2 laptops AND the DSi while doing other stuff on the net. Must have spiked it early yesterday, and now we have to wait til Thursday to get back to normal. Unless we change plans. The one we're on is 256/64 and should be 150 Kb/sec download.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #14483 on: September 12, 2010, 07:05:01 AM »

Bigpond. It seems we have exceeded the usage (12GB limit). How it happened was that we put a wireless modem on, and then used 2 laptops AND the DSi while doing other stuff on the net. Must have spiked it early yesterday, and now we have to wait til Thursday to get back to normal. Unless we change plans. The one we're on is 256/64 and should be 150 Kb/sec download.

You have my condolences for being with BigPond.

I'm with iPrimus and have a 1111GB per month download limit. I'm on ADSL2+ but can only get about 5.5Mbit connection due to being far from the exchange.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14484 on: September 12, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »
situation with my family just gets w0orse and worse. I dunno who to be more pissed off with - them or social services

richard

« Reply #14485 on: September 12, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
omg you guys i may have a possible internet stalker :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14486 on: September 12, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
I ahve a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14487 on: September 12, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »
Did shitty at the market today :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14488 on: September 12, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »

I'm with iPrimus and have a 1111GB per month download limit. I'm on ADSL2+ but can only get about 5.5Mbit connection due to being far from the exchange.

As the account is in Townsville, we can't get ADSL2+ (that's what they told us, and also why they won't bundle the 2 bills together). We are thinking of changing either plans OR providers (possibly Westnet) but either way it's gonna cost. Is it true that compared to overseas (Europe, the US) our broadband is equivalent to their dialup speed?

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #14489 on: September 12, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »

As the account is in Townsville, we can't get ADSL2+ (that's what they told us, and also why they won't bundle the 2 bills together). We are thinking of changing either plans OR providers (possibly Westnet) but either way it's gonna cost. Is it true that compared to overseas (Europe, the US) our broadband is equivalent to their dialup speed?
If your on 56k then yes, that is pretty much the speed of dial-up and also most internet providers don't reach their advertised speed.
Where i live, i get 20mbps for broadband.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks: