Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249817 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #13815 on: August 14, 2010, 08:04:16 AM »
I think I've got a march fracture in my right foot.

Are you going to get it X-rayed?  :nerd!:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13816 on: August 14, 2010, 08:15:28 AM »

I'll make an appointment with my GP on Monday and see what he has to say.  Until then, I'll try wearing my rigid winter walking boots to keep my foot from flexing and making it worse.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13817 on: August 14, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »

I'll make an appointment with my GP on Monday and see what he has to say.  Until then, I'll try wearing my rigid winter walking boots to keep my foot from flexing and making it worse.

Good luck. Foot pain sucks! One of my feet was semi-crippled two years ago, for a month or so,
probably just a tight tendon but with all my weight bearing down on it, it was really unpleasant.  :thumbdn:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13818 on: August 14, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »

Good luck. Foot pain sucks! One of my feet was semi-crippled two years ago, for a month or so,
probably just a tight tendon but with all my weight bearing down on it, it was really unpleasant.  :thumbdn:

Hopefully I won't need a cast and it'll heal quickly.  I've been hobbled at various times over the years by blisters or swollen tendon sheaths, but I've not had a medically significant fracture before.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13819 on: August 14, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »

Hopefully I won't need a cast and it'll heal quickly.  I've been hobbled at various times over the years by blisters or swollen tendon sheaths, but I've not had a medically significant fracture before.

Do you know how it happened? Was it a specific incident, or just wear and tear?  :nerd!:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13820 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »

Do you know how it happened? Was it a specific incident, or just wear and tear?  :nerd!:

I've been running a lot lately, and I think my cardiovascular and muscular fitness has increased faster than the ability of my bones to adapt to the stresses I was exposing them to.  I've also been experimenting with running more on the balls of my feet and avoiding landing on my heels, using my entire foot as a spring to recover energy from each stride and reduce the impact on my knees, and I think that's been the main factor in over-stressing the metatarsal bones.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13821 on: August 14, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
Have to go clean out some gutters soon and I just want to sit
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13822 on: August 14, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »
My mum phoned my uncle (he's a GP) and asked him what to do about it, and he said not to bother going to a doctor, since they'd just send me for an x-ray and then tell me to rest until it's healed.

P7PSP

« Reply #13823 on: August 14, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »
I hope it heals up quickly Peter, such things can be annoying.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13824 on: August 14, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »
My tongue is absolutely killing me from when I bit it when I was unconscious. It felt fine the night it happened. Doing my head in though coz it's both sides that hurt, so difficult to eat or talk . Even drinking hurts. It feels like earache

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13825 on: August 14, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Peter - Hope it heals quickly.  The feet are so often overlooked and yet are the base on which we stand.  They definitely let us know when we've done too much.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13826 on: August 14, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
My tongue is absolutely killing me from when I bit it when I was unconscious. It felt fine the night it happened. Doing my head in though coz it's both sides that hurt, so difficult to eat or talk . Even drinking hurts. It feels like earache

My daughter has epilepsy.  She is only recently complaining of headaches after her seizures.  I understaned it's fairly common for headaches.  As for your tongue - can you rinse your mouth out every so often with warm salt water?  It might help it heal faster, or at least make it feel better for a while.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #13827 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

My daughter has epilepsy.  She is only recently complaining of headaches after her seizures.  I understaned it's fairly common for headaches.  As for your tongue - can you rinse your mouth out every so often with warm salt water?  It might help it heal faster, or at least make it feel better for a while.
:agreed: Salt water rinse helps when my canker sores rear their ugly heads.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13828 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »
I tried using Windows Backup to backup one of my 1TB drives, but it's been 22 hours and it's only made it as far as 94% on the progress bar.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13829 on: August 14, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »
Windows Backup sucks. It probably thinks the files are in use.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein