Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251549 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #13410 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:54 PM »
could be. I hope I don't end up with diabetes  :laugh:

My stepdad is diabetic but his is... what's the word when they're born with it? I mean he didn't get it from eating crap

Maybe when I get the results from my blood test. It';s no big problem or nything, just thought it was weird

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13411 on: July 08, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »
It's probably the meds changing the way how your body metabolises things. Doesn't take a lot, you know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13412 on: July 08, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
Yeh I have been on and off meds for physical things as well, which probably contributes. I'm sure I'm putting onn weight too lol

Oh well, maybe I need to eat less junk  :laugh:

I used to drink loads of energy drinks though and now I drink almost 100% water and juice - no Lucozde for months  :o

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13413 on: July 08, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »

My stepdad is diabetic but his is... what's the word when they're born with it? I mean he didn't get it from eating crap

Maybe when I get the results from my blood test. It';s no big problem or nything, just thought it was weird

Juvenile diabetes? Insulin-dependent? Type I? Those phrases come to mind re: your stepdad's condition.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13414 on: July 08, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »
I doubt you'll be putting on much weight at your age, Soph. You look thin to me, in your pics.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13415 on: July 08, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »

Juvenile diabetes? Insulin-dependent? Type I? Those phrases come to mind re: your stepdad's condition.
yeh something like that  :laugh:

it means we always need sugary stuff there for when he has a hypo. He goes a bit weird if he has a hypo

I doubt you'll be putting on much weight at your age, Soph. You look thin to me, in your pics.

I was underweight last time I checked my weight (about a year ago). I need to build up muscle I think. If I wasn't trans then I probably wouldn't be worried about it -I just don't wanna turn into some womanly person with big boobs and hips  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13416 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »
Doesn't look like you will. My guess is that it would take a lot of eating in your case.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13417 on: July 08, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »

yeh something like that  :laugh:

it means we always need sugary stuff there for when he has a hypo. He goes a bit weird if he has a hypo

I was underweight last time I checked my weight (about a year ago). I need to build up muscle I think. If I wasn't trans then I probably wouldn't be worried about it -I just don't wanna turn into some womanly person with big boobs and hips  :laugh:

How are your female relatives built? You are 22, right? You probably have your adult shape pretty well settled at this point. I still remember my own bewilderment at age 13, 14, watching random body parts fatten up. I wish I'd realized then that I was manifesting my genetic destiny! My sister and I each ended up looking like variations on our mother (though we may also have inherited traits from our father's side---I believe he said some of the women in his family were "built like barrels"!)  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13418 on: July 08, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
My mum has alwys been pretty slim. As was my dad when he was my age. I doubt I will ever get really big. If I do then I'll just hve to start exercising or hve a sex change  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13419 on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »
My mum has alwys been pretty slim. As was my dad when he was my age. I doubt I will ever get really big. If I do then I'll just hve to start exercising or hve a sex change  :zoinks:

Oh good lord! I hope the exercising does the trick, would be a shame to have to go through all that surgical alteration just to get rid of unwanted curves.  :-\

*thinks about the double-decker belly that has resisted all efforts at weight loss...yup, I inherited that!*  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13420 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
I had two days off in a row. I am mostly pleased with what teh crews did to my stores while I was resting, but none of these people are "detail people."

I had the job of walking through four stores today and signing off on "teh transitions"  that were performed.  Instead, I am Mr. Monk, when it comes to how well the installations are done.  I am brutal if there is any compromise in my concept of absolute perfection.

These guys do OK just followinging directions, but I have a very high standard, well above TeH Standards that I expect my stores to achieve.

My walk through was the start of many peoples' bad days, because once I present my list of correctable items, all managers seem to agree with me. My lists are like asking someone if they "really" want clean water to drink. Who the fuck would say, "NO!"  to clean water to drink?

My job, in part, is to improve the "look and feel" of the stores.  I can always find things to improve.  I am loved and hated. There is no one who has no opinion of my performance at work.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:05:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13421 on: July 08, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
I had two days off in a row. I am mostly pleased with what teh crews did to my stores while I was resting, but none of these people are "detail people."

I had the job of walking through four stores today and signing off on "teh transitions"  that were performed.  Instead, I am Mr. Monk, when it comes to how well the installations are done.  I am brutal if there is any compromise in my concept of absolute perfection.

These guys do OK just followinging directions, but I have a very high standard, well above TeH Standards that I expect my stores to achieve.

My walk through was the start of many peoples' bad days, because once I present my list of correctable items, all managers seem to agree with me. My lists are like asking someone if they "really" want clean water to drink. Who the fuck would say, "NO!"  to clean water to drink?

My job, in part, is to improve the "look and feel" of the stores.  I can always find things to improve.  I am loved and hated. There is no one who has no opinion of my performance.

:plus: for maintaining standards of excellence at work. In my small, low-skilled way, I try to do the same. 

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13422 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »

My job, in part, is to improve the "look and feel" of the stores.  I can always find things to improve.  I am loved and hated. There is no one who has no opinion of my performance.

:plus: for maintaining standards of excellence at work. In my small, low-skilled way, I try to do the same. 

I am sure that you do make a difference in ways that you may not even know.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13423 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

I am sure that you do make a difference in ways that you may not even know.

Thank you, I hope so.  :)

People forget.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #13424 on: July 08, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
This place is so predictable.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."