Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250097 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #12795 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:01 PM »
some nutcase gone round shooting people in cumbria. glad we don't have even more people with guns here

Horrible thing indeed. Scary to know that all of a sudden some people can be triggered into behaviour like that.

Without a gun he would probably have taken a knife or so, but don't think he would have gotten to 12 victims then.

Indeed. Another reason why the gun laws should be more strict.

A lot of times at least in the US all they really have to do is enforce the ones they have.  Your always going to have people snap and they will find whatever means to do what they will
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #12796 on: June 03, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Most states have killed millions of people, often their own citizens/subjects.. Accepting a gun law stricter than the 2nd Amendment is to put your faith in the hands of that very same state, and just for some lunatic killing off a handful of people. Makes no sense.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12797 on: June 03, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
I really don't understand the gun laws stuff. Being against it I mean. Why do we WANT people to have guns in their homes? This case just proves exactly hat hyke was saying. How easy would it be to flip out and grab a gun like this guy did? it's just sad. He wouldn't have been as dangerous without a gun

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12798 on: June 03, 2010, 03:16:47 PM »
Most states have killed millions of people, often their own citizens/subjects.. Accepting a gun law stricter than the 2nd Amendment is to put your faith in the hands of that very same state, and just for some lunatic killing off a handful of people. Makes no sense.

As completely insane as you have demonstrated yourself to be on a number of occasions, there are parts of this statement that actually approach making good sense to a true American, like me.

I am quite brave, but I do not want just anyone to know just HOW brave I can be. 

:viking:

... element of surprise, and all.

It is much more brave to be silent, even passive, until it is time to set loose all HELL!
 >:(

... or more formally ...

Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice,
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;

(you know this one, right?)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:36:35 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12799 on: June 03, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
People will do what they want illegal or not

Reuters) - Three people were killed and seven were wounded, four of them children, when a man went on a stabbing spree in central Bosnia late on Friday, officials said on Saturday
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64E0UZ20100515

BEIJING (AFP) – A man was executed Sunday for carrying out a bloody assault on 32 people, mostly small children, at a kindergarten in eastern China, one of a spate of attacks on schools that shocked the nation.

Xu Yuyuan, 47, burst into a classroom in the city of Taixing last month and stabbed children and teachers with a large knife, leaving four victims badly injured.

The assault is one of a number that took place in China in a period of less than two months, leaving 17 people -- including 15 children -- dead and more than 80 injured. Two of the attackers committed suicide.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100530/wl_asia_afp/chinacrimeschool
\
The police have arrested the main accused in the serial stabbing incident which rocked the city on Ambedkar Jayanti.

Bike-borne miscreants went on a stabbing spree, injuring seven people, which included five women, in a span of an hour on April 14.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Main-accused-in-Rajkot-serial-stabbing-incident-arrested/623750

these are only the new ones
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #12800 on: June 03, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
I really don't understand the gun laws stuff. Being against it I mean. Why do we WANT people to have guns in their homes? This case just proves exactly hat hyke was saying. How easy would it be to flip out and grab a gun like this guy did? it's just sad. He wouldn't have been as dangerous without a gun

If a burglar breaks in, with what are you supposed to defend yourself, if he is armed?

Or: if someone like Stalin or the lunatics who rule China and North Korea comes to power in the UK, would you like be treated like the people in the Soviet Union was or like the people in China and North Korea are or would you prefer to at least have a shadow of a chance to make an uprising and defend your life and freedom?

TheoK

« Reply #12801 on: June 03, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »

As completely insane as you have demonstrated yourself to be on a number of occasions, there are parts of this statement that actually approach making good sense to a true American, like me.

I am quite brave, but I do not want just anyone to know just HOW brave I can be. 

:viking:

... element of surprise, and all.

It is much more brave to be silent, even passive, until it is time to set loose all HELL!
 >:(

... or more formally ...

Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice,
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;

(you know this one, right?)

What I say is perfectly logical, so of course anyone not brainwashed with cowardly anti-gun propaganda will agree.

States make gun laws to make the people defenseless against them. I don't see how anything could be simpler to understand.

68 Swedes were purposely killed (murder or manslaughter) with guns last year.

8000 Swedes were killed by smoking last year.

So how come guns are strictly licensed while any fool can buy cigarettes, if the state cares about the citizens' lives?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #12802 on: June 04, 2010, 12:12:13 AM »
He'd just grab a knife instead... or any other deadly weapon that is readily available to people.    The US obviously has the most murders via gun.   The US is not at the top of the list of nations per capita as far as murder goes though (it is #24).   The majority of murders via gun are committed with illegally obtained firearms (98% in South Africa which is #2 in murders per capita).

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

More crimes are committed in the US than any other nation though (not taken into account the size of the nations).   This country has more crime because it also imprisons more people than any other nation (most are drug related offenses).   Mexico pardons the most criminals.   Colombia and South Africa seem to be the most dangerous places though... Jamaica is pretty bad too.   I hear Venezuela is extremely dangerous right now (from a friend that is Venezuelan and still visits there).

I guess in the UK the people are used to trusting the government to the extent that they would allow themselves to be totally disarmed and have the government employees being the only people with any guns.   I think it is rather foolish for you to trust your government like that.... especially the British government that is still a constitutional monarchy lol.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12803 on: June 04, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
We've already pointed out that he'd grab a knife or something instead. the whole point is that that would be far less dangerous than a gun.

I really don't worry at all about my government trying to kill me. I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic

TheoK

« Reply #12804 on: June 04, 2010, 02:02:37 AM »
We've already pointed out that he'd grab a knife or something instead. the whole point is that that would be far less dangerous than a gun.

I really don't worry at all about my government trying to kill me. I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic

For governments never killed anyone...weren't WWII one of your great obsessions? You seem to have missed some important points about it nevertheless.

They might imprison you for being a supposed "terrorist" or putting you in a nuthouse for being a dangerous Aspie. That could actually happen this very moment and wouldn't require a coup of any kind from the politicians.

An unarmed guy was shot dead in the London subway just for looking foreign. He wasn't a Muslim or even an Arab, he was from some South American country and working as an electrician, perfectly law-abiding guy. Nevertheless he got shot. What happens if (when?) the cops decide to go on a larger killing spree?

The very fact that a government doesn't trust armed citizens shows that the government is perfectly aware of its own cause not being a just one.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:04:09 AM by TheoK »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12805 on: June 04, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
look if you wanna sit here worrying about some big government/police conspiracy to kill us all then that's cool

I have more realistic things to worry about tho , and better things to spend my time doing

anyway...

it is boiling hot here. also gotta have a blood test. so another medical thing for me to panic about  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12806 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
Bloody USB stick doesn't work. :smash:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #12807 on: June 04, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »

It is equally dangerous in the right hands.   It is not difficult to stab someone, but people sure have problems shooting correctly.   

I don't worry about my government trying to kill me.   There are things worse than death.
:P   Internets are super serious.

TheoK

« Reply #12808 on: June 05, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »

It is equally dangerous in the right hands.   It is not difficult to stab someone, but people sure have problems shooting correctly.   

I don't worry about my government trying to kill me.   There are things worse than death.

Death isn't that bad, if it happens quickly.

In Europe you can't reason with 90% of people on this subject. They either understand it or they don't, because they're brainwashed with decades of anti-gun propaganda.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12809 on: June 05, 2010, 05:36:30 AM »
My :headphones: are broken, must buy new ones!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"