Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250022 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #12405 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »
liverpool is such a shithole of a dump :thumbdn:

What did they do now?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12406 on: May 02, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
nothing more since this afternoon :P

lost 2-0 at home to chelsea, therefore practically giving them the league

Blasted

« Reply #12407 on: May 02, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
I told you Chelsea will win  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12408 on: May 02, 2010, 06:17:25 PM »
It's warm and humid here today. May 2 is too early for summer! Not happy. :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12409 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
Banks suck they put $2700 I deposited Thursday  in the wrong account, no even one of mine,  about to go fight with them now

If the person who got it spent any of it, that bank damn well better replace it! :grrr:

They will take it out of the other account and put it back into Part's even if the other people already spent it; it's just a hassle dealing with the bank and documenting that they screwed up.

I have had the same thing happen before.

I went to make a withdrawal from the automatic teller machine and the machine gave me the receipt, but NOT my money. Sure enough, the withdrawal was showing on my account when I checked online immediately.

I rang the bank, and they said it would take up to 2 working days to refund the $500 into my account.

I said like hell it will or I will close my account down right now.

A bank here stole $20000 from us for almost three months, but we finally got it back along with the interest.  It was a huge pain in the neck to deal with them, though.  We deposited a cashier's check in their bank.  When my husband asked if the teller wanted him to endorse it, she said she could just stamp it, but apparently she didn't.  The bank threw away our cashier's check instead of sending it back to us or even calling us when the bank that issued it sent it back to them for a credit stamp or an endorsement.  Then they refused to give us a legal copy of the check, which we could have deposited.  We had to wait 90 days for the issuing bank to stop payment on the cashier's check and issue us a new one.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12410 on: May 02, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »
Banks suck they put $2700 I deposited Thursday  in the wrong account, no even one of mine,  about to go fight with them now

If the person who got it spent any of it, that bank damn well better replace it! :grrr:

They will take it out of the other account and put it back into Part's even if the other people already spent it; it's just a hassle dealing with the bank and documenting that they screwed up.

I went to make a withdrawal from the automatic teller machine and the machine gave me the receipt, but NOT my money. Sure enough, the withdrawal was showing on my account when I checked online immediately.

I rang the bank, and they said it would take up to 2 working days to refund the $500 into my account.

A bank here stole $20000 from us for almost three months, but we finally got it back along with the interest.  It was a huge pain in the neck to deal with them, though.  We deposited a cashier's check in their bank.  When my husband asked if the teller wanted him to endorse it, she said she could just stamp it, but apparently she didn't.  The bank threw away our cashier's check instead of sending it back to us or even calling us when the bank that issued it sent it back to them for a credit stamp or an endorsement.  Then they refused to give us a legal copy of the check, which we could have deposited.  We had to wait 90 days for the issuing bank to stop payment on the cashier's check and issue us a new one.

1.) Why did it take 90 days for the issuing bank to stop payment on the original check and issue a new one?! :zombiefuck:

2.) Are you still doing business with the bank that screwed up? :-\

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12411 on: May 02, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

1.) Why did it take 90 days for the issuing bank to stop payment on the original check and issue a new one?! :zombiefuck:

1.)  Because there are rules for cashier's checks, apparently including the one that gives someone 90 days to cash it, so they couldn't stop payment on it until then. 

2.)  We are in the process of severing our business with the bank that screwed up, even though they did give us interest on the $20000 by backdating the deposit to the day we originally deposited it.  It's complicated, so it will take a little time.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12412 on: May 02, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »

1.)  Because there are rules for cashier's checks, apparently including the one that gives someone 90 days to cash it, so they couldn't stop payment on it until then. 

2.)  We are in the process of severing our business with the bank that screwed up, even though they did give us interest on the $20000 by backdating the deposit to the day we originally deposited it.  It's complicated, so it will take a little time.

Best wishes to you as you sort out this aggravation! :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12413 on: May 02, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »

You are right, it is stealing.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12414 on: May 02, 2010, 09:24:09 PM »
You are right, it is stealing.

At least they agreed to backdate the deposit as of the date we originally deposited the check so we didn't lose any interest, or it could have been worse.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12415 on: May 03, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
nothing more since this afternoon :P

lost 2-0 at home to chelsea, therefore practically giving them the league

Looks like Chelsea will win, yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12416 on: May 04, 2010, 05:24:39 AM »
I want $20000.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"