Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250200 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #12105 on: April 14, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. Simple.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #12106 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
I don't gain weight because I'm  :viking:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12107 on: April 14, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »
if you eat protein and fat exclusively you lose weight , this is proven fact. in fact the more of it you eat ( without sugar and starch) the quicker you lose.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12108 on: April 14, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »
if you eat protein and fat exclusively you lose weight , this is proven fact. in fact the more of it you eat ( without sugar and starch) the quicker you lose.

In 2009 a multi-center prospective randomized trial of 811 overweight adults compared four diets emphasizing varying ratios of fat, protein and carbohydrate.[43] All diets were designed to create a 750 kcal deficit. Participants who completed the study lost an average of 4 kg regardless of diet composition. Most of the weight loss occurred in the first six months with some regain by 2 years. Blood pressure changes and waist circumference were also similar between groups, though the low fat diet yielded greater reduction in LDL ("bad cholesterol"). It should be noted that the lowest carbohydrate composition included in this study was 25%, which is significantly above the recommended carbohydrate level advocated by the Atkins Nutritional Approach.

You might also want to read the section that follows:

A 2001 scientific review conducted by Freedman et al. and published in the peer reviewed scientific journal Obesity Research concluded that low-carb dieters' initial advantage in weight loss was a result of increased water loss, and that after the initial period, low-carbohydrate diets produce similar fat loss to other diets with similar caloric intake.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12109 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »

In 2009 a multi-center prospective randomized trial of 811 overweight adults compared four diets emphasizing varying ratios of fat, protein and carbohydrate.[43] All diets were designed to create a 750 kcal deficit. Participants who completed the study lost an average of 4 kg regardless of diet composition. Most of the weight loss occurred in the first six months with some regain by 2 years. Blood pressure changes and waist circumference were also similar between groups, though the low fat diet yielded greater reduction in LDL ("bad cholesterol"). It should be noted that the lowest carbohydrate composition included in this study was 25%, which is significantly above the recommended carbohydrate level advocated by the Atkins Nutritional Approach.

A 2001 scientific review conducted by Freedman et al. and published in the peer reviewed scientific journal Obesity Research concluded that low-carb dieters' initial advantage in weight loss was a result of increased water loss, and that after the initial period, low-carbohydrate diets produce similar fat loss to other diets with similar caloric intake.

everyone in my family weighs over 200 lbs. and is diabetic , except me. I have done this diet for years. also you need to drink at least 8  glasses of water a day to assist your kidneys.

I am 5/9 and weigh 150 lbs or less all the time.....At one point in my life I weighed 239.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12110 on: April 14, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »

everyone in my family weighs over 200 lbs. and is diabetic , except me. I have done this diet for years. also you need to drink at least 8  glasses of water a day to assist your kidneys.

I am 5/9 and weigh 150 lbs or less all the time.....At one point in my life I weighed 239.

Doesn't actually prove anything other than that you've lost weight.

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12111 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »

more importantly , I have maintained it.

this is also the basic diet plan for those with diabetes 2.

I will now get off my soapbox , sorry for having bothered you with this   :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12112 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
Got a slow leak in one of my tires and a screw in another
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12113 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »

more importantly , I have maintained it.

this is also the basic diet plan for those with diabetes 2.

I will now get off my soapbox , sorry for having bothered you with this   :)

No worries. :laugh: I'm spazzy enough to go looking for the counterarguments so I'll try to get off mine.

I think it's great that you've managed to maintain your weight.  :thumbup:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12114 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »
Got a slow leak in one of my tires and a screw in another

The slow leak in one of my bicycle tires changed into a quick leak today. :( Have to fix it tomorrow I guess.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12115 on: April 14, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
Almost time to turn off the computer and go to work. :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12116 on: April 14, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »
Bought a patch/plug kit for my truck tire with the screw in it only to pull it out and not have it leak

George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #12117 on: April 14, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »
Just bought plugs last week. Nail still in tire. It's a tiny one and loosing no air. Still need to get to it though.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12118 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:19 PM »
I get an incredible amout of nails and screws in my tires so they won't go to waste anyway

George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #12119 on: April 14, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
I hate the smell of it and the way people think it's healthy to eat there.  I used to work with a chubby girl who always got her lunch from there and went on about how it's the fat-free version of fast food.  I laughed in her face.  Also, college people always got their lunch from there and come into the classroom with big stinking sandwiches full of shit like meatballs which used to drip all over the place.  Ugh.

I don't go there with the pretensions of it being healthy, but I do like a nice tikka and cheese sub. I consider them nicer than McDondalds or Burger King. KFC is alright too, but dislike the grease and the chips can sometimes be really horrible.

Proper takeaway food is miles better than all though, IMO.