Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249602 times)

Blasted

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #12090 on: April 14, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »
I hate the smell of it and the way people think it's healthy to eat there.  I used to work with a chubby girl who always got her lunch from there and went on about how it's the fat-free version of fast food.  I laughed in her face.  Also, college people always got their lunch from there and come into the classroom with big stinking sandwiches full of shit like meatballs which used to drip all over the place.  Ugh.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12091 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:52 AM »
I hate the smell of it and the way people think it's healthy to eat there.  I used to work with a chubby girl who always got her lunch from there and went on about how it's the fat-free version of fast food.  I laughed in her face.  Also, college people always got their lunch from there and come into the classroom with big stinking sandwiches full of shit like meatballs which used to drip all over the place.  Ugh.

Well, for some of us chubbettes, Subway would be a good transition from junk food to healthy food. I've been eating six cheeseburgers a week for 2 years; if I switched to turkey subs, I'd certainly lose some of the weight. 8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12092 on: April 14, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
We have much better local delis which is where I go
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12093 on: April 14, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »

Well, for some of us chubbettes, Subway would be a good transition from junk food to healthy food. I've been eating six cheeseburgers a week for 2 years; if I switched to turkey subs, I'd certainly lose some of the weight. 8)

Almost forgot to mention this... :pinkbeat: Ian McDiarmid :pinkbeat: was apparently spotted in a Subway once (in Australia? not sure), and he is :viking: !

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #12094 on: April 14, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
I hate the smell of it and the way people think it's healthy to eat there.  I used to work with a chubby girl who always got her lunch from there and went on about how it's the fat-free version of fast food.  I laughed in her face.  Also, college people always got their lunch from there and come into the classroom with big stinking sandwiches full of shit like meatballs which used to drip all over the place.  Ugh.

Wouldn't it be healthier and cheaper to just bring a sandwich from home?  I always brought small things from home for lunch and no money so that I wouldn't be tempted.  However if I was running late, I'd grab a pound and buy a packet of rice cakes at break.  

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12095 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:24 AM »
I hate the smell of it and the way people think it's healthy to eat there.  I used to work with a chubby girl who always got her lunch from there and went on about how it's the fat-free version of fast food.  I laughed in her face.  Also, college people always got their lunch from there and come into the classroom with big stinking sandwiches full of shit like meatballs which used to drip all over the place.  Ugh.

Wouldn't it be healthier and cheaper to just bring a sandwich from home?  I always brought small things from home for lunch and no money so that I wouldn't be tempted.  However if I was running late, I'd grab a pound and buy a packet of rice cakes at break.  

Helathy homemade food is a good choice, yes. And rice cakes make lovely COASTERS! :rofl:

<---- Put your drinks on these lovely styrofoam discs!

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #12096 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
I like the taste of rice cakes.  Which still doesn't change the fact that a meal at Subway has probably the same amout of calories and nutritional value as a meal at McDonald's.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12097 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »
I like the taste of rice cakes.  Which still doesn't change the fact that a meal at Subway has probably the same amout of calories and nutritional value as a meal at McDonald's.

Oh, I was a real McDonald's fiend back in the day, I'm sure my kind of McDonald's meal (Big Mac, large fries, apple pie, chocolate shake) would easily amount to way more calories and fat than a plain turkey sub! :evillaugh:

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #12098 on: April 14, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

Oh, I was a real McDonald's fiend back in the day, I'm sure my kind of McDonald's meal (Big Mac, large fries, apple pie, chocolate shake) would easily amount to way more calories and fat than a plain turkey sub! :evillaugh:

Depends which type of bread you use, dressings etc.  Not to mention desserts, drinks and sides.  A "healthy" meal at Subway is like buying a salad in McDonald's and patting yourself on the back for being so calorie conscious.

Fast food sucks.  Especially fast food that markets itself as healthy food.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12099 on: April 14, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »
I think it's a rip that rice cake advertise themselves as food not packing material  :P

George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12100 on: April 14, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »
I think it's a rip that rice cake advertise themselves as food not packing material  :P

Yeah, they belong in the same category as Easter grass, bubble wrap, and styrofoam peanuts! :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12101 on: April 14, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »

Yeah, they belong in the same category as Easter grass, bubble wrap, and styrofoam peanuts! :2thumbsup:

And they are biodegradable so they are green :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12102 on: April 14, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »

And they are biodegradable so they are green :laugh:

That's an awesome thought! Rice cakes are gonna save our planet! :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12103 on: April 14, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
Never liked Subway much. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12104 on: April 14, 2010, 02:05:03 PM »
its not how much a person eats ,it is what they eat. sugars and starches are what turn our excess calories to fat