Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250329 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11460 on: February 21, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
Update on my washing machine situation:

I took a chance and bought a replacement pressure switch for it, but that didn't make any difference.  I checked the control module PCB for damage and didn't spot anything, tested the thermistors for the dryer and water heater and found them to be ok, checked each of the water inlet valves, the drain pump, drain hose and pressure switch air-hose without finding any problems.  I took the program-select rotary dial mechanism apart, cleaned the electrical contacts in it and reassembled it, to no avail. 

I then did some more research online and found a post on a forum where someone had found a burned-out trace on their control module PCB and had fixed their machine by repairing the trace, so I took another look my own control module and found a small scorch mark that I'd missed earlier, where a thin trace had burned out.  I soldered on a replacement jumper wire, reconnected the PCB to the washing machine, turned it on and was rewarded by the familiar and reassuring sounds of it filling with water and starting the wash cycle as it's supposed to.

A few seconds later, I heard the less welcome sounds of it gurgling to a halt and signaling an error.  Now it's flashing it's LED 7 times, which is progress of a sort.  Seems that the relay for the heater might be stuck.
bet it is as simple as a broken spring.

It was a broken wire inside one of the connector tabs on the water heating element, which I think jammed the relay and burned out the trace on the PCB when it went.  I've repaired the connector on the heating element with a screw terminal that I stripped the nylon sheath from, some solder and some silicone sealant, and the machine has now made it through a full wash cycle without any problems. 

I'm quite pleased that I've saved a £250 tumble dryer and a £450 washer-dryer from being scrapped and replaced.

Yeah nice going man. I always respect nonlazy people who don't have the "oh they have people for that" attitude.  :thumbup:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11461 on: February 21, 2010, 01:26:01 PM »
Update on my washing machine situation:

I took a chance and bought a replacement pressure switch for it, but that didn't make any difference.  I checked the control module PCB for damage and didn't spot anything, tested the thermistors for the dryer and water heater and found them to be ok, checked each of the water inlet valves, the drain pump, drain hose and pressure switch air-hose without finding any problems.  I took the program-select rotary dial mechanism apart, cleaned the electrical contacts in it and reassembled it, to no avail. 

I then did some more research online and found a post on a forum where someone had found a burned-out trace on their control module PCB and had fixed their machine by repairing the trace, so I took another look my own control module and found a small scorch mark that I'd missed earlier, where a thin trace had burned out.  I soldered on a replacement jumper wire, reconnected the PCB to the washing machine, turned it on and was rewarded by the familiar and reassuring sounds of it filling with water and starting the wash cycle as it's supposed to.

A few seconds later, I heard the less welcome sounds of it gurgling to a halt and signaling an error.  Now it's flashing it's LED 7 times, which is progress of a sort.  Seems that the relay for the heater might be stuck.
bet it is as simple as a broken spring.

It was a broken wire inside one of the connector tabs on the water heating element, which I think jammed the relay and burned out the trace on the PCB when it went.  I've repaired the connector on the heating element with a screw terminal that I stripped the nylon sheath from, some solder and some silicone sealant, and the machine has now made it through a full wash cycle without any problems. 

I'm quite pleased that I've saved a £250 tumble dryer and a £450 washer-dryer from being scrapped and replaced.

That's great!  You are awesome, Peter. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11462 on: February 21, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
Clearly to you

I thought it was funny though
i thought that it was clever and funny.

Filling the forum with spam? Really clever. ::)

Yup that is Soph and Bint. They just don't give a shit.  :thumbdn:

Am I oblivious? Are you saying Soph and Bint filled I2 with spam, 'cos I haven't seen it?

Spam is annoying, for sure. But I must admit, I have been guilty of a little bit of postwhoring myself from time to time...but I usually leave it to the games thread.

Rather than bitch about spam, perhaps you could start threads on something interesting, rather than focusing on what you think are the shortcomings of others?

Lucky you weren't here when Calandale was out of control, you would have lost your shit. :green:

You weren't here when Bint was out of control.

You and Les should note my very first opening comment "Am I oblivious?"

Clearly I know I wasn't here, hence why I asked about it, because I hadn't seen it. Not rocket science.

I merely then went on to suggest it may have not been that bad compared to other times that I was here. Again, as I said I hadn't seen it.

I wouldn't really censor myself here not even on account of an old recently returned member misconstruing what I may be thinking or feeling. As to "out of the loop" though how long do you figure you were away and what do you think you may have missed?

I merely mentioned that I had seen stuff in the past that was pretty bad also and was what Soph and Bint did so bad as I didn't know.

It was basically a question so I could get up to date.

So, in saying how long do I figure I was away and what do I think I may have missed, you clearly overlooked the gist of my comment. You had every opportunity to update me properly rather than start having a go at me for being ignorant to what happened.

It's a simple concept. I was asking what I was oblivious to, and was it so bad as what had happened before. If you choose to be all prickly about it because I was asking was it worth all the fuss, then that's your problem.

Sorry--I didn't mean to have a go at you.  :-[
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #11463 on: February 21, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »
I probably have a gall-stone or at least an inflammation in the gall-bladder.  :thumbdn:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:46:35 PM by TheoK »

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11464 on: February 21, 2010, 04:48:55 PM »
Monday morning.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11465 on: February 21, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

:2thumbsup: Good job Peter.
kudos
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11466 on: February 21, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
Clearly to you

I thought it was funny though
i thought that it was clever and funny.

Filling the forum with spam? Really clever. ::)

Yup that is Soph and Bint. They just don't give a shit.  :thumbdn:

Am I oblivious? Are you saying Soph and Bint filled I2 with spam, 'cos I haven't seen it?

Spam is annoying, for sure. But I must admit, I have been guilty of a little bit of postwhoring myself from time to time...but I usually leave it to the games thread.

Rather than bitch about spam, perhaps you could start threads on something interesting, rather than focusing on what you think are the shortcomings of others?

Lucky you weren't here when Calandale was out of control, you would have lost your shit. :green:

You weren't here when Bint was out of control.

You and Les should note my very first opening comment "Am I oblivious?"

Clearly I know I wasn't here, hence why I asked about it, because I hadn't seen it. Not rocket science.

I merely then went on to suggest it may have not been that bad compared to other times that I was here. Again, as I said I hadn't seen it.

I wouldn't really censor myself here not even on account of an old recently returned member misconstruing what I may be thinking or feeling. As to "out of the loop" though how long do you figure you were away and what do you think you may have missed?

I merely mentioned that I had seen stuff in the past that was pretty bad also and was what Soph and Bint did so bad as I didn't know.

It was basically a question so I could get up to date.

So, in saying how long do I figure I was away and what do I think I may have missed, you clearly overlooked the gist of my comment. You had every opportunity to update me properly rather than start having a go at me for being ignorant to what happened.

It's a simple concept. I was asking what I was oblivious to, and was it so bad as what had happened before. If you choose to be all prickly about it because I was asking was it worth all the fuss, then that's your problem.

Sorry--I didn't mean to have a go at you.  :-[

Thanks Odeon. (You must be going soft :P)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11467 on: February 22, 2010, 01:26:11 AM »
I probably have a gall-stone or at least an inflammation in the gall-bladder.  :thumbdn:

:(

Go see a doctor.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11468 on: February 22, 2010, 01:27:02 AM »

Go see a doctor.
it is freeeeeeee.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11469 on: February 22, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »

Thanks Odeon. (You must be going soft :P)

Old age. I hardly recognise those around me these days. :P

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #11470 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:20 AM »

Go see a doctor.
it is freeeeeeee.

Almost. It never costs more than about $120 a year, though.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11471 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
Migraine this morning still feel like shit if I move my head
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11472 on: February 22, 2010, 01:58:21 PM »

Try not to move your head.  :(

Got behind some woman at the store that marinated herself in perfume. Still sneezing 3 hours later. :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11473 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:05 PM »

Try not to move your head.  :(

Got behind some woman at the store that marinated herself in perfume. Still sneezing 3 hours later. :zombiefuck:

I want to kill every single one of those.  :grrr:

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #11474 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:30 PM »
Kill them all! Off with their heads! :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: