Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250544 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11430 on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
I'm not arsed.  You're just a whiny bitch  :thumbup:

That's why you replied?

I meant I wasn't arsed to start a huge long thing over a bit of spam.  You are so petty sometimes  ::)

The spam annoyed me. Obviously it didn't annoy you, even though we both agree it was spam. It's interesting to note that what you define as "petty" seems to be the difference between what you ignore but I don't. Maybe it's because you very rarely criticise anything that Soph does.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11431 on: February 20, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
Time to invest in new tools, then?

Too much into them in money now.  I think I will try to make an adapter to use the new lithium batteries they have.  They are the same voltage and power tools that look exactly the same but with a different mounting for the battery.  I'll have to get one with a charger to experiment

:thumbup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11432 on: February 20, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »
There's a bad smell all through the house, and it's coming from mum's partner's flatulence.  He never hesitates to complain about the smell of my cooking or of mum's aromatic oils, but he's in a class of his own when it comes to creating a stink.  There's the sickly-sweet burnt-feathers smell of his farts, the butyric acid smell of his acid reflux and the cigar smoke smell that follows him around wherever he goes, but by far the worst is the terrible stench when he smothers his food in Worcestershire sauce and white pepper.  Worcestershire sauce contains vinegar, garlic, anchovies, cloves, soy sauce and various other things, and the smell is revolting and incredibly strong when he combines it with pepper and a steaming plate of scrambled eggs and baked beans in tomato sauce or something similar, followed of course by acid reflux and flatulence.
buy him a bottle of beano

Kill him.

Or shove a cork up his ass.  :P You have my sympathies Peter.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11433 on: February 20, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
There's a bad smell all through the house, and it's coming from mum's partner's flatulence.  He never hesitates to complain about the smell of my cooking or of mum's aromatic oils, but he's in a class of his own when it comes to creating a stink.  There's the sickly-sweet burnt-feathers smell of his farts, the butyric acid smell of his acid reflux and the cigar smoke smell that follows him around wherever he goes, but by far the worst is the terrible stench when he smothers his food in Worcestershire sauce and white pepper.  Worcestershire sauce contains vinegar, garlic, anchovies, cloves, soy sauce and various other things, and the smell is revolting and incredibly strong when he combines it with pepper and a steaming plate of scrambled eggs and baked beans in tomato sauce or something similar, followed of course by acid reflux and flatulence.
buy him a bottle of beano

Kill him.

Or shove a cork up his ass.  :P You have my sympathies Peter.

If you shove that cortk properly it will amount to the same thing. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11434 on: February 20, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »

Too much into them in money now.  I think I will try to make an adapter to use the new lithium batteries they have.  They are the same voltage and power tools that look exactly the same but with a different mounting for the battery.  I'll have to get one with a charger to experiment

Don't know what you have, I'd google it though, they have alot of homebrew hacks & replacement tutorials up for them.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11435 on: February 20, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
Clearly to you

I thought it was funny though
i thought that it was clever and funny.

Filling the forum with spam? Really clever. ::)

Yup that is Soph and Bint. They just don't give a shit.  :thumbdn:

Am I oblivious? Are you saying Soph and Bint filled I2 with spam, 'cos I haven't seen it?

Spam is annoying, for sure. But I must admit, I have been guilty of a little bit of postwhoring myself from time to time...but I usually leave it to the games thread.

Rather than bitch about spam, perhaps you could start threads on something interesting, rather than focusing on what you think are the shortcomings of others?

Lucky you weren't here when Calandale was out of control, you would have lost your shit. :green:

You weren't here when Bint was out of control.

You and Les should note my very first opening comment "Am I oblivious?"

Clearly I know I wasn't here, hence why I asked about it, because I hadn't seen it. Not rocket science.

I merely then went on to suggest it may have not been that bad compared to other times that I was here. Again, as I said I hadn't seen it.

I wouldn't really censor myself here not even on account of an old recently returned member misconstruing what I may be thinking or feeling. As to "out of the loop" though how long do you figure you were away and what do you think you may have missed?

I merely mentioned that I had seen stuff in the past that was pretty bad also and was what Soph and Bint did so bad as I didn't know.

It was basically a question so I could get up to date.

So, in saying how long do I figure I was away and what do I think I may have missed, you clearly overlooked the gist of my comment. You had every opportunity to update me properly rather than start having a go at me for being ignorant to what happened.

It's a simple concept. I was asking what I was oblivious to, and was it so bad as what had happened before. If you choose to be all prickly about it because I was asking was it worth all the fuss, then that's your problem.

Blasted

« Reply #11436 on: February 20, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »
Eclair, I suggest reading this fine piece of prose  8)

re:  bintysoph/"the borg"

I think they are behaving quite distinguishably.  Bint seems far more emotionally involved than does Soph, for one.  I think Soph is sitting back a bit, pushing buttons (very effectively), and taking Bint's side in Bint's far-more-involved arguments.

I think the community is encouraging their behavior by paying so goddamn much attention to it, and by getting so involved in it.  Soph and Bint have managed to do the following:

-get the community's attention, including being mentioned in the freakin' shoutbox and having emoticons named after them
-get Callaway to become more outright emotionally involved thn I've ever seen her get
-get unprecedented censoring action taken on what is technically harmless (albeit irritating) spam on a forum whose ideals go against censorship
-get special rules and restrictions used on them on a forum where rules are few and far between (I do know that has precedent, but not a lot of it)
-escalate this thread, and a good section of the community, into a mean-spirited free-for-all feud (which has gone far beyond ordinary trolling and become quite personal for many members)

Please add anything else I'm missing; I'm sure I am.  None of that would have been possible without other members of the community enabling it.  The community is encouraging and rewarding the very behavior that it claims to despise.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11437 on: February 20, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »

None of that would have been possible without other members of the community enabling it.  The community is encouraging and rewarding the very behavior that it claims to despise.

Am I oblivious? Are you saying Soph and Bint filled I2 with spam, 'cos I haven't seen it? - Here I am stating a fact, I hadn't seen it

Spam is annoying, for sure. But I must admit, I have been guilty of a little bit of postwhoring myself from time to time...but I usually leave it to the games thread. Acknowledge that it can be annoying, but most of us have done it in some form or another

Rather than bitch about spam, perhaps you could start threads on something interesting, rather than focusing on what you think are the shortcomings of others? In essence, what PMS Elle is saying above, rather than bitch about it...still, perhaps focus the attention elsewhere. I was wondering why it was so bitchworthy....Les and Odeon, so sorry for asking!

Lucky you weren't here when Calandale was out of control, you would have lost your shit. :green: Clearly from what I can see it escalated to something similar, and Les forgets to acknowledge that HE might be oblivious to things that happened BEFORE he joined. Instead he chooses to turn it into me trying to make out like I've been here longer, Bla bla

Clearly, there were a few dramas and as I said in my very first post, was it worth all the fuss, because the more drama created, the more it escalates. I just didn't see any evidence of it initially, so wondered why. My question has now really been answered just by the whole wave of shit said because I asked the question. I also had the pleasure of a PM sent to me about it.

Fucking stupid.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11438 on: February 20, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »
Clearly to you

I thought it was funny though
i thought that it was clever and funny.

Filling the forum with spam? Really clever. ::)

Yup that is Soph and Bint. They just don't give a shit.  :thumbdn:

Am I oblivious? Are you saying Soph and Bint filled I2 with spam, 'cos I haven't seen it?

Spam is annoying, for sure. But I must admit, I have been guilty of a little bit of postwhoring myself from time to time...but I usually leave it to the games thread.

Rather than bitch about spam, perhaps you could start threads on something interesting, rather than focusing on what you think are the shortcomings of others?

Lucky you weren't here when Calandale was out of control, you would have lost your shit. :green:

You weren't here when Bint was out of control.

You and Les should note my very first opening comment "Am I oblivious?"

Clearly I know I wasn't here, hence why I asked about it, because I hadn't seen it. Not rocket science.

I merely then went on to suggest it may have not been that bad compared to other times that I was here. Again, as I said I hadn't seen it.

I wouldn't really censor myself here not even on account of an old recently returned member misconstruing what I may be thinking or feeling. As to "out of the loop" though how long do you figure you were away and what do you think you may have missed?

I merely mentioned that I had seen stuff in the past that was pretty bad also and was what Soph and Bint did so bad as I didn't know.

It was basically a question so I could get up to date.

So, in saying how long do I figure I was away and what do I think I may have missed, you clearly overlooked the gist of my comment. You had every opportunity to update me properly rather than start having a go at me for being ignorant to what happened.

It's a simple concept. I was asking what I was oblivious to, and was it so bad as what had happened before. If you choose to be all prickly about it because I was asking was it worth all the fuss, then that's your problem.

No you weren't Eclair you started out doing that and then you decided to have a condescending dig. (Don't pretend that wasn't the case)
Yes I had a poke back ad you did not like that.
There are bigger things in the world to worry about though and I am sure we will bump heads again. Generally I like you. You had been a member here for a 7 months when I joined and throughout the last 2 or so years a lot of different drama has gone down. I won't comment on the Pea, Buttcoffee or Sol drama because I was not here (on a break). You weren't here with the BintSoph drama.....
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11439 on: February 20, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
Eclair, I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

Sir Les, give it up mate, do you have to end up fighting the entire internet? Relax, you might end up living longer (unless that isn't your goal).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11440 on: February 20, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

I think they are behaving quite distinguishably.  Bint seems far more emotionally involved than does Soph, for one.  I think Soph is sitting back a bit, pushing buttons (very effectively), and taking Bint's side in Bint's far-more-involved arguments.

I think the community is encouraging their behavior by paying so goddamn much attention to it, and by getting so involved in it.  Soph and Bint have managed to do the following:

-get the community's attention, including being mentioned in the freakin' shoutbox and having emoticons named after them
-get Callaway to become more outright emotionally involved thn I've ever seen her get
-get unprecedented censoring action taken on what is technically harmless (albeit irritating) spam on a forum whose ideals go against censorship
-get special rules and restrictions used on them on a forum where rules are few and far between (I do know that has precedent, but not a lot of it)
-escalate this thread, and a good section of the community, into a mean-spirited free-for-all feud (which has gone far beyond ordinary trolling and become quite personal for many members)

Please add anything else I'm missing; I'm sure I am.  None of that would have been possible without other members of the community enabling it.  The community is encouraging and rewarding the very behavior that it claims to despise.

censorship?

wow.

i have to trust that those that made these decisions were doing the right thing.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11441 on: February 20, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
Eclair, I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

Sir Les, give it up mate, do you have to end up fighting the entire internet? Relax, you might end up living longer (unless that isn't your goal).

Thanks, I'm not. Obviously Les is oblivious to my point that I was just asking a question and now wants to turn it into a rant.

Les, thanks for checking when I joined and you joined. I never really noticed you much before, tbh, so if this is your way of gaining the much needed drama and attention, have fun. Just don't go projecting your own shit onto others who clearly stated they were unaware of what happened.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11442 on: February 20, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
meow!
Misunderstood.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11443 on: February 20, 2010, 08:13:38 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11444 on: February 20, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Don't know what you have, I'd google it though, they have alot of homebrew hacks & replacement tutorials up for them.

I was going to try some of those too but in the long run if they could be replaced with lithium ones it would be good
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw