Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249654 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11340 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
The washing machine is broken, and I'm trying to fix it.  It's giving an error code in the form of an LED that blinks 10 times, but I can't find a reference for the error codes for that particular model anywhere.  Mum's itching to buy a new one, but I'm hoping I can get it running again and save her £800 on a replacement.

What model is it? I can see if I can pull anything up here.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11341 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38:42 AM »
I hate how everywhere shuts early on a sunday

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11342 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:08 PM »
It's freezing cold here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11343 on: February 14, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »
The washing machine is broken, and I'm trying to fix it.  It's giving an error code in the form of an LED that blinks 10 times, but I can't find a reference for the error codes for that particular model anywhere.  Mum's itching to buy a new one, but I'm hoping I can get it running again and save her £800 on a replacement.

An Indesit WD12X washer-dryer.  Indesit list error codes for various models here, but it's not clear which codes apply to our model.  We have one that lacks a LCD screen, so the blinking LED is the only thing I have to go by.

It might be a 'No cold fill' error, and the machine isn't filling with water when it's switched on, but I've checked the hot and cold hoses, taken the water input assembly apart, cleaned the filters and individually tested each of the solenoid valves by manually activating them with a hose, plastic bucket, crocodile clips and 240v AC, and everything works fine.  There might be something wrong with the power supply or control circuitry for the solenoids, since I picked up some odd readings with the voltage drop across one of them, but I've not investigated it in greater depth yet.

Other possibilities are 'Short circuit motor triac' or 'Pressure switch not sensing correctly', but 'No cold fill' still seems the most likely at this point.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11344 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
The washing machine is broken, and I'm trying to fix it.  It's giving an error code in the form of an LED that blinks 10 times, but I can't find a reference for the error codes for that particular model anywhere.  Mum's itching to buy a new one, but I'm hoping I can get it running again and save her £800 on a replacement.

An Indesit WD12X washer-dryer.  Indesit list error codes for various models here, but it's not clear which codes apply to our model.  We have one that lacks a LCD screen, so the blinking LED is the only thing I have to go by.

It might be a 'No cold fill' error, and the machine isn't filling with water when it's switched on, but I've checked the hot and cold hoses, taken the water input assembly apart, cleaned the filters and individually tested each of the solenoid valves by manually activating them with a hose, plastic bucket, crocodile clips and 240v AC, and everything works fine.  There might be something wrong with the power supply or control circuitry for the solenoids, since I picked up some odd readings with the voltage drop across one of them, but I've not investigated it in greater depth yet.

Other possibilities are 'Short circuit motor triac' or 'Pressure switch not sensing correctly', but 'No cold fill' still seems the most likely at this point.

This was for a different model, but I found this which said that the LED flashing ten times corresponded to fault code F10, which for this model was about the pressure switch not sensing correctly:

the ten flashes relate to a fault code of F10 which is your pressure switch not sensing so unplug the washer remove the lid and on the front right hand side near the selector you will see a round component with a small tube attached thats the pressure switch blow down the tube and listen for bubbles if you here them then the hose is ok and you just need a pressure switch prob be 20 -30 quid and easy to fit

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11345 on: February 14, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
god I can't write. everything I write is complete and utter shit.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #11346 on: February 14, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »
god I can't write. everything I write is complete and utter shit.

powerful stuff
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11347 on: February 14, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
The washing machine is broken, and I'm trying to fix it.  It's giving an error code in the form of an LED that blinks 10 times, but I can't find a reference for the error codes for that particular model anywhere.  Mum's itching to buy a new one, but I'm hoping I can get it running again and save her £800 on a replacement.

This was for a different model, but I found this which said that the LED flashing ten times corresponded to fault code F10, which for this model was about the pressure switch not sensing correctly:

the ten flashes relate to a fault code of F10 which is your pressure switch not sensing so unplug the washer remove the lid and on the front right hand side near the selector you will see a round component with a small tube attached thats the pressure switch blow down the tube and listen for bubbles if you here them then the hose is ok and you just need a pressure switch prob be 20 -30 quid and easy to fit

Thanks.  I blew into the air hose and there isn't any blockage.  I also tested the pressure switch with a multimeter and it seems to be working ok, but there's some weirdness when I fiddle with the callibration screws.  Also, if I put my lips around the air inlet on the switch and turn the machine on, I can put it into a couple of different modes by varying the pressure, but I can't get it to go into 'fill with water' mode, and if I let the pressure drop to ambient, the machine goes into it's error mode until the power is cycled.  I'll order a new switch and see if that solves it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11348 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »
notgoing hospital till march. I thought it was this month

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11349 on: February 15, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »
lobotomy?
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #11350 on: February 15, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
lobotomy?
More like a lobotomy reversal procedure (even though it is impossible) amirite?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11351 on: February 15, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
Not happy looking at the hours I am supposed to have worked in January. It was much more.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11352 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
It's vacation for the kids and my wife   and they are around all day no quite time for me
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11353 on: February 16, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »
Another snow day here.

More in the forcast.  :snowing:

Offline Parts