Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250570 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11280 on: February 03, 2010, 09:52:40 PM »
Sick and tired of the endless WP posts.

For some, WP continues to be a significant part of our lives. As such, it qualifies as "glasnost" (i.e. suitable for public discussion). Besides, Fiona needs a place to complain about the complainers, otherwise her head might explode! This is not a desirable outcome; not for me anyway, don't know about anyone else. :laugh:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11281 on: February 03, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »

For some, WP continues to be a significant part of our lives. As such, it qualifies as "glasnost" (i.e. suitable for public discussion). Besides, Fiona needs a place to complain about the complainers, otherwise her head might explode! This is not a desirable outcome; not for me anyway, don't know about anyone else. :laugh:

Oh come on. Don't they complain about people on WP who complain about their lives, yet are not willing to do something about it to change things?

Why complain about WP when they aren't willing to leave it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11282 on: February 04, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »
(Having looked for Tigger_the_Wing's introductory thread, and not found one)

Welcome, Tigger, from a fellow oldie. I'll be 55 me next birfday.  :bdaygrn:

Cool bike, BTW. :thumbup:  Where was the photo taken?

(Sorry!  :facepalm2:  This place is HUGE!!! I shall go on safari and hunt the rare and elusive introductory section…)

You pip me - I'll be 53 me next burpday. :bdaygrn:

The photo was taken in West Cork, Ireland. The bike (Tigger, the 'Wing - gettit?!) is still waiting in Cork, being cared for by my son-out-law and ridden by my daughter, until I get home.
no tiggers here.  sounds like a couple of cougars to me.

Oh fer chrissakes, McJ, he's only a year younger than I am! What d'you think, I'm a cradle robber? :lol:
the bike must be a classic then.  ;D
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11283 on: February 04, 2010, 02:50:19 AM »
People talking shit about me behind my back. :grrr:

I confronted one of them and all he did was making up excuses for the behaviour, instead of apologising.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11284 on: February 04, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »

Oh come on. Don't they complain about people on WP who complain about their lives, yet are not willing to do something about it to change things?

Fair point. Why the legions of the banned keep trying to re-infiltrate the place through proxies is beyond me. If it's considered such a shithole, why even go to the trouble of trolling it? Also, creating sockpuppet accounts merely inflates a member count which is already artificially high.

I'm not sure that all of us who discuss WP are complaining. There continue to be aspects of the place which I enjoy, even if it has its obvious faults.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11285 on: February 04, 2010, 03:21:26 AM »

Fair point. Why the legions of the banned keep trying to re-infiltrate the place through proxies is beyond me. If it's considered such a shithole, why even go to the trouble of trolling it? Also, creating sockpuppet accounts merely inflates a member count which is already artificially high.

I'm not sure that all of us who discuss WP are complaining. There continue to be aspects of the place which I enjoy, even if it has its obvious faults.

Just to put things into perspective from my point of view, I've never been a member and never will.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11286 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:21 AM »
I've never been a member of Aspies for Freedom, and am not likely to become one (no offense to Pikajedi or any other AFF members intended; just that I spend too much time online as it is). If, however, current and former members of that place wish to discuss it here, it's no skin off my nose.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
  • I love my GoldWing ("Tigger")
« Reply #11287 on: February 04, 2010, 04:25:51 AM »

(Sorry!  :facepalm2:  This place is HUGE!!! I shall go on safari and hunt the rare and elusive introductory section…)

The photo was taken in West Cork, Ireland. The bike (Tigger, the 'Wing - gettit?!) is still waiting in Cork, being cared for by my son-out-law and ridden by my daughter, until I get home.

You wish…  :eyebrows:

(Look at the thread title!  :LOL: )
Stopped bouncing round the world. Arrived home.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11288 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »

You wish…  :eyebrows:

(Look at the thread title!  :LOL: )
no.  are you a bitch?
Misunderstood.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #11289 on: February 04, 2010, 03:11:46 PM »
no.  are you a bitch?

Only if seriously provoked…

Nah. Not even then, usually. You can tell if I'm pissed off because I become even more polite than usual.

I wonder who the 'one quick bitch' is. Everyone else seems to be pleasant.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11290 on: February 04, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
no.  are you a bitch?

Nah. Not even then, usually. You can tell if I'm pissed off because I become even more polite than usual.

becoming more polite when others are trying to provoke you is a genius move.  i bet it pisses them off.
Misunderstood.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #11291 on: February 04, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
no.  are you a bitch?

becoming more polite when others are trying to provoke you is a genius move.  i bet it pisses them off.

Probably. I tried anger when I was young. It didn't work, it just amused people and made me feel even worse.

Then I learnt what 'respect' really means.

Once I realised that other people's opinions weren't as important as their actions, their opinions (however stupid) no longer wound me up to the same extent. It also helps to accept that changing someone's opinions isn't important either; just so long as their behaviour isn't harming anyone then we can agree to disagree.

So I'm happy to let people believe whatever they want to believe, about anything at all, however 'wrong' I may think them to be. I'll even let someone know what my beliefs are, if they really want to know. I only step in if I think that they are about to do harm.

For example, I don't care if Joe Bloggs believes that the race he happened to have been born into is superior to all others. It is of no importance to me if he thinks women aren't fully human. Even if he gets elected to government. But if he tries to act on those beliefs by bringing in discriminatory legislation, then I'll get very polite indeed…

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11292 on: February 04, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »
i have learned that once your opponent gets you screaming or makes you angry then they have won.

your outlook is great.  :plus:
Misunderstood.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11293 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »
I've never been a member of Aspies for Freedom, and am not likely to become one (no offense to Pikajedi or any other AFF members intended; just that I spend too much time online as it is). If, however, current and former members of that place wish to discuss it here, it's no skin off my nose.

Nah, it's cool - I spend entirely too much time online myself, and AFF...isn't what she used to be. Not by a long shot.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11294 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
Drill bit broke off in a metal project I was working on :duh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw