Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250332 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #9900 on: September 21, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »
I remember you not liking wind power, Hadron. :P

I have a ten minute presentation on Wednesday about clinical psychology. GA is seeing the doctor so he can take hormones (not testosterone).
The world sucks.

how long has GA been talking to a psych/doctor for about this? (tha gender things)

because it's unlikely he will be able to start hormones for quite a while if he hasn't been seeing them regularly. i dunno about the laws in aus, but in most places you need to see a psych for quite a while and be living as a woman for 6 months (not 100% sure of the time there) before you can get hormones

i've known I was trans for several years, and been open about it to greater or lesser degrees for almost as long, yet if I went to the doc now, I wouldn't be able to get hormones without going through a pretty long process i think

also does he know completley how you feel about that whole thing, as I'm getting the impression you're not too happy with it

I hope it all works  out alright for you both anyway, whatever ends up going on

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9901 on: September 21, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
sorry, I forgot I said I'd call GA "she" if that was what he was most comfortable. Now I see why people get confused about me, these things are annoying when one person's calling someone one thing and the other person's calling them something else  :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9902 on: September 21, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »

i've known I was trans for several years, and been open about it to greater or lesser degrees for almost as long, yet if I went to the doc now, I wouldn't be able to get hormones without going through a pretty long process i think
Here you might have been entitled to drugs to postpone physical puberty, and make a transition to another sex easier when reaching adulthood.
I hope it all works  out alright for you both anyway, whatever ends up going on
:agreed:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9903 on: September 21, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »
I didn't actually admit it till I was 17, so was almost an adult anyway. I am 21 now.

I don't think they do the  postponing physical puberty here, but they should do IMO

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9904 on: September 22, 2009, 03:39:26 AM »
Presentations are not too bad - if you find them difficult use Powerpoint. Takes most of the difficultly out of it.

Or you could try Prezi, its really good: http://prezi.com/
Thanks, I will look at that. I would use Powerpoint but we are not able to in the stupid room our tutorial is in. So I will use overhead projection.
I read his blog post. I hope things look up for you.
Thanks.
He is going to take ant-androgens. I think our relationship is on its way out. I am too intolerant and I don't like change.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9905 on: September 22, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
Presentations are not too bad - if you find them difficult use Powerpoint. Takes most of the difficultly out of it.

Or you could try Prezi, its really good: http://prezi.com/
Thanks, I will look at that. I would use Powerpoint but we are not able to in the stupid room our tutorial is in. So I will use overhead projection.
Thanks.
He is going to take ant-androgens. I think our relationship is on its way out. I am too intolerant and I don't like change.

I wouldn't say you are intolerant. This isn't something you signed up for when you got married. I don't believe this comes under for better or for worse.

I think he just likes cross dressing and this fact confuses him. Not identifying with your average male is par for course for most aspies. I don't feel I have much in common with the average aussie male at all. This doesn't make me feel like I'm not a man though.

Another thing that concerns me is that these friends and groups have a lot riding on convincing him that his feelings are similar to theirs just to validate their choices in life. Like he says, he's confused, but is he looking at both sides on this subject.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:02:22 AM by Phlexor »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9906 on: September 22, 2009, 06:32:30 AM »
I don't have a lot in common with average females either. I feel like a different species most of the time.

The last paragraph you wrote is interesting, I had not thought of that before.

I was really happy for the first year after we got married. I thought I was lucky that I had GA to be with as long as I wanted. Like he was my posession kind of. In that I was the only one who could be close to him.

My family doesn't know anything about this gender stuff with GA.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

TheoK

« Reply #9907 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »
I made one stinger missile with a 3 gram payload of perchlorate/magnesium flash (like the amount in a real M-80). It exploded 5-10 meters above the ground because I didn't care about any delay. Then I made another one without a payload. It also falied more or less, thanks to the fact that I used the same tube and the side nozzle had been burnt too big.  :thumbdn:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9908 on: September 22, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »
I heard there were booby pictures in the Elder's Forum and nobody bothered to tell me! >:(
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9909 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »
I don't have a lot in common with average females either. I feel like a different species most of the time.

The last paragraph you wrote is interesting, I had not thought of that before.

I was really happy for the first year after we got married. I thought I was lucky that I had GA to be with as long as I wanted. Like he was my posession kind of. In that I was the only one who could be close to him.

My family doesn't know anything about this gender stuff with GA.

That must be hard. I'm sure telling them would make you feel like a failure in the eyes of your family. No one wants to admit something like that, especially if there has been black sheep/scape goat problems before.

I really hope you find your way though this all to a stable place. I really wish there was something I could do for you  :hug:

Blasted

« Reply #9910 on: September 22, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
Fucking ridiculous Media Studies homework  :thumbdn:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9911 on: September 22, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »
Thanks.

I haven't read GA's blog post, but that's an awfully big change for someone to accept, IMO.

When the two of you were married, you thought that gender issue was in the past, not the future.

P7PSP

« Reply #9912 on: September 22, 2009, 01:12:26 PM »
I made one stinger missile with a 3 gram payload of perchlorate/magnesium flash (like the amount in a real M-80). It exploded 5-10 meters above the ground because I didn't care about any delay. Then I made another one without a payload. It also falied more or less, thanks to the fact that I used the same tube and the side nozzle had been burnt too big.  :thumbdn:
Next time you make something like that get a picture Lit. Also if Soiledknickers offs himself get pics.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:43:20 PM by PPK »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9913 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
renaeden I don't think it is about being intolerant either. I am transgendered myself and if I was in this situation I dunno if I would be able to stay with the person

As for GA just being confused and not trans, I dunno. I gotta admit I was shocked when I heard about it, and did think it was likely just a phase or something, but who are we (people who just know him online) to say whether he is or not. I think childhood is the key there - if it's something that just started a few years ago, then the problem may not be that he's transgendered. if it's something he's felt as his life though and just suppressed, then it's obviously bad in that it's ruining your relationship, but it probably is genuinely that he's transgendered, and this actually happens with a lot of people who grow up trying to ignore their feelings, get married, live as a guy and then gradually realise it's not right. the cliche "living a lie" is actually pretty accurate I think

anyway I like you both and hope you both end up happy however it all turns out. and yeah, I definitely wouldn't say you're intolerant.

anyway  :lol:

i'm pissed off coz i'm itchy as well and I've been itchy nearly a week. I thought the itchiness stopped a few months ago when I started just using Johnoson's Baby Top-To-Toe wash, but it's started again suddenly a fe days ago, and I can't scratch myself properly. Although maybe that's a good thing as I'll fuck up my skin even more if I do lol

fuck man this is driving me mad >:(

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9914 on: September 22, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
oh and for the last few weeks I've been finding it really difficult to focus/concentrate

I do get this now and then and I'm hoping it will go soon as I start uni again now

but it is a real fucking pain in the ass as I've not been reading as much. I just can't focus on it

I might try and keep track of when this happens, and see if there's something that sets it off. maybe it's something i'm eating :tinfoil:

FUCK I'm iTCHY!!!! :finger: :finger: :finger: