Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251825 times)

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #9600 on: August 23, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »
I'm covered in painful tight feeling road rash. On Thursday I felloff my longboard when going down a big hill and scraped of the skin on my arm and it covers my arm to my back. I have an even deeper scrape on my leg. I had a bath my mom said to soak it. Now the scab got soggy and fell off and now it is bleeding.
Next time I gotta wear my leather jacket and long pants so this doesn't happen again but it's too hot for my usual clothing staple of my leather jacket and jeans.

i know how you feel, i had a very similar mishap in highschool, been afraid of skating ever since
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9601 on: August 23, 2009, 05:37:27 AM »
In this town you get free parking when having an ethanol converted car. You also get lower (state) tax for your car if it's ethanol/hybrid).
Idiots - biofuels are hardly even eco friendly in most cases.

corn ethanol is not sustainable , but there are other bio fuels that make sense. careful where you get your info, there is alot of misinformation out there right now about biofuels.

and careful with the word "biofuels". are there any fuels out there that arent from biological sources?
Any of the current biofuels in cars are not fit for purpose - we need to be ensuring the world is fed first, not to mention the lack of an eco-friendly nature when compared to other technologies. But really, climate change is over rated as a problem, its just a hobby for ecomentalist fruits in the most part.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #9602 on: August 23, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »
In this town you get free parking when having an ethanol converted car. You also get lower (state) tax for your car if it's ethanol/hybrid).

corn ethanol is not sustainable , but there are other bio fuels that make sense. careful where you get your info, there is alot of misinformation out there right now about biofuels.

and careful with the word "biofuels". are there any fuels out there that arent from biological sources?
Any of the current biofuels in cars are not fit for purpose - we need to be ensuring the world is fed first, not to mention the lack of an eco-friendly nature when compared to other technologies. But really, climate change is over rated as a problem, its just a hobby for ecomentalist fruits in the most part.

I take the issue far more seriously, however the 'popular' means to handle the situation are a joke... But to be honest, there is no solution except letting the inevitable happen, it's has long passed a point of no return. Problems like this must have long term foresight in order to combat them (I'm talking half a century of foresight at least). You can't fix them when they're just upon you now, by then it's already too late.

That's the biggest problem of humanity right there, they never truly plan ahead.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:26:53 AM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9603 on: August 23, 2009, 06:30:39 AM »

I take the issue far more seriously, however the 'popular' means to handle the situation are a joke... But to be honest, there is no solution except letting the inevitable happen, it's has long passed a point of no return. Problems like this must have long term foresight in order to combat them (I'm talking half a century of foresight at least). You can't fix them when they're just upon you now, by then it's already too late.
Nah, its very easily fixable and will get fixed when we get closer to a tricky situation. In all honesty, I am not at all worried about it. Take a look at cloud ships as an example of how we can quickly tackle global warming.
That's the biggest problem of humanity right there, they never truly plan ahead.
Big problem of NT's and their democracy, more like.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9604 on: August 23, 2009, 07:45:46 AM »
Getting a sore throat :(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #9605 on: August 23, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
Bf's going out of town Tuesday-Sunday. Will miss him, particularly since this is my first week of classes. But it's good he gets to see family. And of course it'll be even nicer when he gets back in town. ;)

Even still though, it's going to be a bit lonely this coming week...
Flibbit.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9606 on: August 23, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »
Bf's going out of town Tuesday-Sunday. Will miss him, particularly since this is my first week of classes. But it's good he gets to see family. And of course it'll be even nicer when he gets back in town. ;)

My husband is out of town on a business trip until the weekend before Labor Day, so I know what you mean.

TheoK

« Reply #9607 on: August 23, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »

Sugar cane ethanol, for example. And contrary to government bullshit, cars can run just fine on 85% ethanol, but governments (especially here), only want people to be able to buy 10% ethanol because their researchers didn't do their job. Back before 1950, cars were running on an almost pure ethanol blend (had to have some petrol mixed) and they never seemed to have any problem. Then when the 2 grades of petrol were introduced (super and standard), it was touted that super was more efficient and everyone was using that. Also, it was rumoured that standard was watered down, but whether it's true or not nobody knows. Then they brought in LPG, which is more economical, and unleaded petrol (which was meant to be cleaner). Only problem is, if you run a car solely on LPG, it clogs your fuel intake because deposits get left in your fuel valve and carbie. EFI engines need to start on petrol, or have some petrol run through the carbie to stop this clogging.

I mix 50% E85 with 50% 95 octane petrol for my Volvo from 1995. It works excellent, especially in the summer. It's illegal to fill up a non converted car with E85, but it's not like I ever cared about those things before, is it?  8)

Blasted

« Reply #9608 on: August 23, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »
Bugger it all.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #9609 on: August 23, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »

Sugar cane ethanol, for example. And contrary to government bullshit, cars can run just fine on 85% ethanol, but governments (especially here), only want people to be able to buy 10% ethanol because their researchers didn't do their job. Back before 1950, cars were running on an almost pure ethanol blend (had to have some petrol mixed) and they never seemed to have any problem. Then when the 2 grades of petrol were introduced (super and standard), it was touted that super was more efficient and everyone was using that. Also, it was rumoured that standard was watered down, but whether it's true or not nobody knows. Then they brought in LPG, which is more economical, and unleaded petrol (which was meant to be cleaner). Only problem is, if you run a car solely on LPG, it clogs your fuel intake because deposits get left in your fuel valve and carbie. EFI engines need to start on petrol, or have some petrol run through the carbie to stop this clogging.

I mix 50% E85 with 50% 95 octane petrol for my Volvo from 1995. It works excellent, especially in the summer. It's illegal to fill up a non converted car with E85, but it's not like I ever cared about those things before, is it?  8)

As long as your engine isn't buggered I can't see a problem. The prats who recommended to the governement that only E10 be used were saying that modern engines could only cope with a 10% blend. But as long as the engine is tuned properly, 85% blend will work as well. As I said, there needs to be a certain amount of petrol flowing through the fuel pump, the carbie and fuel valves to stop clogging.

Here, there is plenty of sugar cane which could be converted to ethanol, but they keep baulking on the issue. Governmeents.... gggggrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #9610 on: August 23, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »

My husband is out of town on a business trip until the weekend before Labor Day, so I know what you mean.

I feel bad for you. Your husband sounds like he has a lot of away trips. :(
Flibbit.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9611 on: August 23, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »
Cut a live wire today working on my machine scared the shit out of me :o It left arc marks on the wire cutters
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9612 on: August 23, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »

I feel bad for you. Your husband sounds like he has a lot of away trips. :(

Yes, he does.  This is a long one because two trips are in a row.

TheoK

« Reply #9613 on: August 24, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »

As long as your engine isn't buggered I can't see a problem. The prats who recommended to the governement that only E10 be used were saying that modern engines could only cope with a 10% blend. But as long as the engine is tuned properly, 85% blend will work as well. As I said, there needs to be a certain amount of petrol flowing through the fuel pump, the carbie and fuel valves to stop clogging.

Here, there is plenty of sugar cane which could be converted to ethanol, but they keep baulking on the issue. Governmeents.... gggggrrrrrrrrrrr.

In Sweden there was something called lättbentyl already in the 1950's. It was a 75:25 mix of petrol (called bensin in Swedish) and ethyl alcohol; thus the name. And it worked on 1950 automobiles without convertion. But then the big companies came (just like in other countries) and sold their "premium" and "regular" with almost only petrol in it and no alcohol.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9614 on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:59 AM »
Aaaaaarrrrrrrccccchhhhh, I hate bureaucracy.

For more than four weeks I am waiting for an approval to get into a job programm. Fist my contact was on holiday, OK, that can happen. But after that they kept me waiting for over three weeks. Ignoring emails, telling porkies at the phone. Now they finally realise my contact is long term ill.
Sad for her.
And for me, it may be a delay of months.
I only need a signature. But I will have to go throuhg everything again, explaining who I am. Where I come from, what aspieness means for me. I hate it. It's such a waste of time. This organisation is so good in keeping me waiting. My now sick contact was the first that was accurate and good. All departments I had been asigned to before have done nothing but keeping me waiting.

After more than three years, I was only a signature away from what I need.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!