Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250580 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #9210 on: July 03, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »
It's your story, tell it how you want. Whether it was your intent, or not, you did come across as passive aggressive IMO. Since the pattern is to attack, then retreat acting the injured, puzzled innocent if the response is not what the "injured" party anticipated or wanted. It's not as if stirring shit is alien to you, you are the individual who got PeePees website shutdown, unless there is another GalileoAce that I don't know about.

P got P's website shutdown by not honouring a takedown request by his host.

P7PSP

« Reply #9211 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:01 AM »
And in reading the Was I Justified thread by GA in The Main Event GA does take credit for getting the ball rolling that ultimately got the site shutdown. I can see where an obnoxious individual like P pisses people off, he is no friend of mine. The point I was making is that GA's claims of injured innocence in this thread seem disingenuous to me given what he stated here and the fact that he was instrumental in getting Ps website shutdown.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9212 on: July 03, 2009, 02:15:32 AM »
They're completely different events... In this case I was starting a discussion on why Soph trolls WP because I was interested in the motivations.
In the case of P's site, he attacked me by creating an offensive of myself, so I defended myself by requesting that his site host remove it. P ignored the request and thus the site was taken. Only to be recreated again on another host. What happened after that is none of my concern.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9213 on: July 03, 2009, 02:16:41 AM »
And in reading the Was I Justified thread by GA in The Main Event GA does take credit for getting the ball rolling that ultimately got the site shutdown. I can see where an obnoxious individual like P pisses people off, he is no friend of mine. The point I was making is that GA's claims of injured innocence in this thread seem disingenuous to me given what he stated here and the fact that he was instrumental in getting Ps website shutdown.

I'm not taking sides here, don't get me wong (no matter how much I personally don't like P), but he had a choice. He had a choice to make fun of GA's gender issues, he had a choice to take down the offended material when he got the takedown notice. He goes around pissing people off for the fun of it yet gets offended when people don't like it and fight back.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9214 on: July 03, 2009, 02:23:47 AM »
He goes around pissing people off for the fun of it yet gets offended when people don't like it and fight back.

I think that's the crux of my anti-troll argument. If you go around pissing people off for fun, even innocently, don't be surprised if they bite back or ban you or whatever.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9215 on: July 03, 2009, 02:31:32 AM »
He goes around pissing people off for the fun of it yet gets offended when people don't like it and fight back.

I think that's the crux of my anti-troll argument. If you go around pissing people off for fun, even innocently, don't be surprised if they bite back or ban you or whatever.

Precisely. Thing is, if you are the victim, why should you tolerate it? Bite back and maybe, just maybe, the offender will think twice the next time around.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #9216 on: July 03, 2009, 02:39:24 AM »
Precisely. Thing is, if you are the victim, why should you tolerate it? Bite back and maybe, just maybe, the offender will think twice the next time around.

Tolerance is what bullies need to learn. Though understanding why a bully does what they do can better equip a victim.

P7PSP

« Reply #9217 on: July 03, 2009, 02:54:18 AM »
They're completely different events... In this case I was starting a discussion on why Soph trolls WP because I was interested in the motivations.
In the case of P's site, he attacked me by creating an offensive of myself, so I defended myself by requesting that his site host remove it. P ignored the request and thus the site was taken. Only to be recreated again on another host. What happened after that is none of my concern.
Yes they are different events. Stopping just short of equating Soph to a bully and then claiming that is not what you were doing looks exactly like a classic passive aggressive attack. I personally forced a company to sell and destroyed two careers. I did that by taking my specialized knowledge and experience away along with diagrams of my part of the system that I had personally developed and drawn. In leaving I pointed my finger at two specific individuals so that redirected aggression would cost them their jobs. I did all of this very deliberately with the knowledge of what was likely to happen and it did happen.
In stating this I am not trying to duck out of what the effect or intent of my actions was. I would like to see Brett or Randy now just to see what they would have to say about it. At 26 years of age you are old enough to understand the import of what you write if you choose to.

So you go from this

So "harden the fuck up" then?

I hate that response.
to this

Don't assume. My goal was not to make anyone angry, and I was quite surprised by your response, certainly not anything I would've predicted. I don't think Soph is a bully per se; just having fun at other people's expense.
And I'm not being anything, just having discussion. But obviously this kind of discussion is too heated to have civilly even on I2.

I hate allergies..I'm about ready to slice my nose right off...
And behave as if my response was a complete surprise. Yeah right. After you wrote this...

Trolling is similar to bullying. Sure it can be fun, but there are people out there that don't share your sense of humor and will find it offensive. To continue to troll in face of that seems to me to be arrogant and ignorant, and just a bit callous.

But that's my opinion.
So while you gave yourself wiggle room on Soph being a bully you directly called her arrogant, ignorant and callous for taking the piss at WP. Hence my accusing you of passive aggressive bullshit conduct.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:57:28 AM by PPK »

P7PSP

« Reply #9218 on: July 03, 2009, 03:00:41 AM »
And just to be clear I am not trolling at WP or elsewhere and I do not even remotely like P. I just don't happen to think it is a big deal if Soph is trolling there. Especially given the lightweight pisstaking she is giving mods and anyone dumb enough to buy her posts as genuine.

Blasted

« Reply #9219 on: July 03, 2009, 05:33:58 AM »
Is it time for a callout thread?  :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #9220 on: July 03, 2009, 06:21:48 AM »
I don't think so. If GA is done with this then I am.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9221 on: July 03, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »
I don't see how my "trolling" there is bullying in any way. I wouldn't even call it trolling really.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9222 on: July 03, 2009, 06:45:04 AM »

Tolerance is what bullies need to learn. Though understanding why a bully does what they do can better equip a victim.

Fuck tolerance. WP is a fucking joke, and you know it. Don't be stupid.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9223 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:09 AM »
I don't see how my "trolling" there is bullying in any way. I wouldn't even call it trolling really.

There is one thing aspies don't need, and that's to be sheltered. So who cares if you give them a taste of the real world.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9224 on: July 03, 2009, 08:26:39 AM »
Yes they are different events. Stopping just short of equating Soph to a bully and then claiming that is not what you were doing looks exactly like a classic passive aggressive attack. I personally forced a company to sell and destroyed two careers. I did that by taking my specialized knowledge and experience away along with diagrams of my part of the system that I had personally developed and drawn. In leaving I pointed my finger at two specific individuals so that redirected aggression would cost them their jobs. I did all of this very deliberately with the knowledge of what was likely to happen and it did happen.
In stating this I am not trying to duck out of what the effect or intent of my actions was. I would like to see Brett or Randy now just to see what they would have to say about it. At 26 years of age you are old enough to understand the import of what you write if you choose to.

So you go from this

So "harden the fuck up" then?

I hate that response.
to this

Don't assume. My goal was not to make anyone angry, and I was quite surprised by your response, certainly not anything I would've predicted. I don't think Soph is a bully per se; just having fun at other people's expense.
And I'm not being anything, just having discussion. But obviously this kind of discussion is too heated to have civilly even on I2.

I hate allergies..I'm about ready to slice my nose right off...
And behave as if my response was a complete surprise. Yeah right. After you wrote this...

Trolling is similar to bullying. Sure it can be fun, but there are people out there that don't share your sense of humor and will find it offensive. To continue to troll in face of that seems to me to be arrogant and ignorant, and just a bit callous.

But that's my opinion.
So while you gave yourself wiggle room on Soph being a bully you directly called her arrogant, ignorant and callous for taking the piss at WP. Hence my accusing you of passive aggressive bullshit conduct.

I think when GA talks about trolling being like bullying, he is thinking of what P does and what P did to him, and not really the type of stuff Soph does.

I read Soph's "trolling" posts here and to me they seemed more like good-natured teasing like telling someone who responded to her negatively something like, "You must be acting like that because you really have the hots for me.  That's good because I have the hots for you, too." 

P's trolling is more mean-spirited, IMO.  I can see why GA became upset when his most sensitive issue was ridiculed in that way.  P had a choice when the host he chose told him to take down the thread and not to start any more like it or his site would be taken down, but he chose to ignore the warning, his site was taken down, and he lost the money he spent on hosting it.  What bugged me was that P whined that GA owed him the money he spent for hosting.