Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251049 times)

GalileoAce

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #9195 on: July 02, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
Good natured trolling?

"I only annoy you because I like you."
(something I've said before)
Stuff that only dumbasses are likely to take seriously in the first place. Given some of the acerbic posts that aren't trolling there by dickweeds like Digger1 the ones we are discussing are lightweight. WTF? Are you getting your knickers in a knot over posts you haven't even seen?

Do my posts read like I'm getting my knickers in a knot? :P

I'm just wondering why one would troll WP.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9196 on: July 02, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »
Most people troll it either because the amount of complete retards there is astounding (and I don't mean low-functioning people, I mean people who are just fucking stupid) or because they dislike the site itself (ownership, moderators)

Most probably do it for both of those reasons + lulz

Also it adds something new at least. Most of the shit there is the same old crap. Threads about fucking autism autism autism is this an aspie thing do you do this do you think i have aspergers am i a fuckwit. Generic "i can't get laid" posts in L&D. Generic "i feel shit" posts in the Haven.

A bit of bullshit from someone like me adds something new for a while at least  :laugh:

GalileoAce

« Reply #9197 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:58 PM »
It's not something I'll understand; why people would expend effort on something they don't like, don't agree with, etc.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9198 on: July 02, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
I do like it though. I enjoy talking to some of the people there and I get a laugh out of posting crap on there.
It's the site itself I dislike, but I'm not gonna let that stop me going on there anymore.

Although there are also reasons for spending time and effort on something you don't agree with, if you think you can get something out of it. ie making sure other people don't fall for alex's bullshit and donate money etc (that is not what I'm doing, but as an example)

I mean I don't like Fox News of the Daily Mail, but if I saw an interesting discussion on one of their message boards, I'm sure I'd register and post.

P7PSP

« Reply #9199 on: July 02, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
I suppose because she can. Soph can answer that better than I can. I knew buttcoffee was doing what he did to tweak people's tails so I didn't let him bug me. The only time I got irritated was when he did some minor whining @ zOMG about getting a perdictable result from his efforts. Whether it's @ WP or any other aspie board I do get irritated with aspies crying because the world is not the perfect place for their unrealistic standards. So the world is not perfect, BFD it's just like threads about bullies. Instead of fussing about it online bloodying a nose or knocking a head into a wall will get better results. But that is not an answer most aspies appear to be willing to listen to. Anyway I wasn't trying to start shit over someone else's trolling.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9200 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »
I suppose because she can. Soph can answer that better than I can. I knew buttcoffee was doing what he did to tweak people's tails so I didn't let him bug me. The only time I got irritated was when he did some minor whining @ zOMG about getting a perdictable result from his efforts. Whether it's @ WP or any other aspie board I do get irritated with aspies crying because the world is not the perfect place for their unrealistic standards. So the world is not perfect, BFD it's just like threads about bullies. Instead of fussing about it online bloodying a nose or knocking a head into a wall will get better results. But that is not an answer most aspies appear to be willing to listen to. Anyway I wasn't trying to start shit over someone else's trolling.

So "harden the fuck up" then?

I hate that response.

P7PSP

« Reply #9201 on: July 02, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »

I hate that response.
You know what? Fuck off!  :upyours: I found out a long time ago that between eating shit or kicking someones ass (or ocassionally getting mine kicked) that I prefer the latter option. If it suits you to get all Pollyanna and hope for a kinder, gentler world then go right ahead. I'll continue to deal with the world as it is.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9202 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »

I hate that response.
You know what? Fuck off!  :upyours: I found out a long time ago that between eating shit or kicking someones ass (or ocassionally getting mine kicked) that I prefer the latter option. If it suits you to get all Pollyanna and hope for a kinder, gentler world then go right ahead. I'll continue to deal with the world as it is.

Whoa, over react much... sheesh. I'm not trying to start shit, just a discussion, if you want to get angry over the fact I don't share your opinion go right ahead, but don't attack me for it.

Bullying is a huge issue, and just hardening up is unhealthy response. Education is the best response, but obviously bullies aren't always willing to be taught, so you teach yourself how best to respond, and it's not just closing up.

'Harden up' is often used in response to someone who is sharing an emotional response and seems to be society's way of telling that person that their emotions don't matter.

Trolling is similar to bullying. Sure it can be fun, but there are people out there that don't share your sense of humor and will find it offensive. To continue to troll in face of that seems to me to be arrogant and ignorant, and just a bit callous.

But that's my opinion.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9203 on: July 02, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »

I hate that response.

Whoa, over react much... sheesh. I'm not trying to start shit, just a discussion, if you want to get angry over the fact I don't share your opinion go right ahead, but don't attack me for it.

Bullying is a huge issue, and just hardening up is unhealthy response. Education is the best response, but obviously bullies aren't always willing to be taught, so you teach yourself how best to respond, and it's not just closing up.

'Harden up' is often used in response to someone who is sharing an emotional response and seems to be society's way of telling that person that their emotions don't matter.

Trolling is similar to bullying. Sure it can be fun, but there are people out there that don't share your sense of humor and will find it offensive. To continue to troll in face of that seems to me to be arrogant and ignorant, and just a bit callous.

But that's my opinion.

The thing is, a lot of people just need to harden the fuck up because they are fucking pussies that whine about shit that isn't going to change because it's the real world.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9204 on: July 03, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
No. There's a difference being being the change you want to see, and hardening up.

What people should be saying is "Well, instead of pointless whining, why don't you do something about it!?"

P7PSP

« Reply #9205 on: July 03, 2009, 12:28:41 AM »

I hate that response.

But that's my opinion.
And passive aggressive shit stirring has its own technique that you just displayed very well. When you got a predictable response you immediately played the injured innocent. And because Soph is using WP as a playground then Soph = bully? Or similar enough that there is no effective difference? Anyone who can't handle Soph's antics in the L&D and Adult Issues sub Forums is  :indeed: a candyass.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9206 on: July 03, 2009, 12:34:36 AM »
I'm sick and tired of my bloody eye problems. :hair: :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #9207 on: July 03, 2009, 12:36:08 AM »
I hate that response.
You know what? Fuck off!  :upyours: I found out a long time ago that between eating shit or kicking someones ass (or ocassionally getting mine kicked) that I prefer the latter option. If it suits you to get all Pollyanna and hope for a kinder, gentler world then go right ahead. I'll continue to deal with the world as it is.

But that's my opinion.
And passive aggressive shit stirring has its own technique that you just displayed very well. When you got a predictable response you immediately played the injured innocent. And because Soph is using WP as a playground then Soph = bully? Or similar enough that there is no effective difference? Anyone who can't handle Soph's antics in the L&D and Adult Issues sub Forums is  :indeed: a candyass.

Don't assume. My goal was not to make anyone angry, and I was quite surprised by your response, certainly not anything I would've predicted. I don't think Soph is a bully per se; just having fun at other people's expense.
And I'm not being anything, just having discussion. But obviously this kind of discussion is too heated to have civilly even on I2.

I hate allergies..I'm about ready to slice my nose right off...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:39:26 AM by GalileoAce »

P7PSP

« Reply #9208 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:55 AM »
It's your story, tell it how you want. Whether it was your intent, or not, you did come across as passive aggressive IMO. Since the pattern is to attack, then retreat acting the injured, puzzled innocent if the response is not what the "injured" party anticipated or wanted. It's not as if stirring shit is alien to you, you are the individual who got PeePees website shutdown, unless there is another GalileoAce that I don't know about.

GalileoAce

« Reply #9209 on: July 03, 2009, 12:51:03 AM »
I don't stir shit. I'm so sick of being misunderstood, assumed to be this assumed to be that... How about to take what I say at it's face value and stop trying to work out if there's any underlying machinations?

Also, repetitive gameplay doesn't seem to be my thing...perhaps I should not have gotten Mirror's Edge