Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250198 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #9000 on: June 22, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »
Why would anyone change clothes five times a day? She can wash them herself. :grrr:

OCD, maybe?

Teenage girl. :zoinks:
Make her wash her own clothes then!

It's a good idea, in theory.
Where does my suggestion break down?

The notion of her being able to do it on her own is pure fantasy. It would mean more work for me, not less. And mind you, we've been trying to teach the kids all this for years.

I have managed to teach my thirteen year old daughter to wash and dry clothes pretty much independently, but you're definitely right that it would mean more work for you, especially in the short run.  She changes her clothes often when she's at home too, if that's any consolation.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9001 on: June 22, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
Why would anyone change clothes five times a day? She can wash them herself. :grrr:

OCD, maybe?

The notion of her being able to do it on her own is pure fantasy. It would mean more work for me, not less. And mind you, we've been trying to teach the kids all this for years.

I have managed to teach my thirteen year old daughter to wash and dry clothes pretty much independently, but you're definitely right that it would mean more work for you, especially in the short run.  She changes her clothes often when she's at home too, if that's any consolation.

I change like three times a day myself. But thats because if they feel the slightest bit dirty, I can't wear them a second longer.

Plus I have jogging outfits that I wear in the morning and by the time i'm done with them they're drenched in sweat. Thats one outfit of the day at least.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9002 on: June 22, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
I change whenever I get a shower, which is usually just when I get up in the morning, and before I go to bed.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9003 on: June 22, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
Nope, just a teenager.
Probably easier in the long run to make her more independent then.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9004 on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:04 AM »
Nope, just a teenager.
Probably easier in the long run to make her more independent then.

Working on that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9005 on: June 23, 2009, 02:23:23 AM »
It's amazing what a kid (or anyone really) can accomplish when THEY HAVE TO, OR ELSE!!! The key question, though, is: Are you, the responsible adult, going to retain your own sanity until the end of the process? The recalcitrant one can summon an impressive array of stalling tactics:

"Oh sorry Mum, I didn't hear you calling. What was it you wanted me to do, again? But I can't, right now! Just let me battle the final boss, it's only going to take a minute!"

Twenty-five minutes later: "Okay, I'll save and quit, Mum. But I've got some maths homework to do. It's only one chapter, I'll do that first."

Fifteen minutes later: "No, I couldn't start my maths homework. I couldn't find a pencil."

Half an hour later: "Mum, how come you're not telling [sibling] to clean his room?"

Then there's the "I'll do the job so badly that she'll never dare ask me to do it again" tactic, the "Didn't you say you were going to give me pocket money for this?" tactic, the "I have suddenly become deaf and have also acquired a terrible case of executive dysfunction" tactic, and the ever-popular "I'll wait until just before bedtime and announce that I'm ready to do it then" tactic.

Sometimes the kid actually will make a half-decent effort (after all, he's seen you do it hundreds of times), and you have to suppress your OCD-driven urge to do it all over again because he hasn't done it the way you would have done it.

What ages are your kids, Chris McC?

TheoK

« Reply #9006 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:52 AM »
I change whenever I get a shower, which is usually just when I get up in the morning, and before I go to bed.

I change about every 10 day or when I'm about to go to town.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9007 on: June 23, 2009, 03:14:50 AM »
I get the kids to do their jobs and I don't care if they do a good job or not. They have plenty of years to get better at it. Sometimes that means I have to supervise but I guess that's what you have to do.

Growing up my mum would always just do the things herself because she wanted it done right. As a result, I left home and I didn't know how to do shit around the house.

TheoK

« Reply #9008 on: June 23, 2009, 03:20:32 AM »
Hehe, my dad is an undiagnosed Aspie. He can hear in about 30 seconds what's wrong with a car engine and then repair it, but he's unable to explain how he repairs it, so I can't do much more with a car than driving it, filling the fuel tank, changing oil and changing tyres.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9009 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:22 AM »
The SS will be here in less than an hour  :twitch:

TheoK

« Reply #9010 on: June 23, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »
 :zoinks:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9011 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

OCD, maybe?

I change like three times a day myself. But thats because if they feel the slightest bit dirty, I can't wear them a second longer.

Plus I have jogging outfits that I wear in the morning and by the time i'm done with them they're drenched in sweat. Thats one outfit of the day at least.

I change whenever my clothes are too dirty for the current situation.  Sometimes that's three times a day, more often it's once every two or days.  If I'm just sitting around the house by myself, I won't bother to change if I get a little mud or food on my clothes, but I'll always change into fresh clothes if I'm going out in public, or if people are coming to the house.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9012 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »
It's amazing what a kid (or anyone really) can accomplish when THEY HAVE TO, OR ELSE!!! The key question, though, is: Are you, the responsible adult, going to retain your own sanity until the end of the process? The recalcitrant one can summon an impressive array of stalling tactics:

"Oh sorry Mum, I didn't hear you calling. What was it you wanted me to do, again? But I can't, right now! Just let me battle the final boss, it's only going to take a minute!"

Twenty-five minutes later: "Okay, I'll save and quit, Mum. But I've got some maths homework to do. It's only one chapter, I'll do that first."

Fifteen minutes later: "No, I couldn't start my maths homework. I couldn't find a pencil."

Half an hour later: "Mum, how come you're not telling [sibling] to clean his room?"

Then there's the "I'll do the job so badly that she'll never dare ask me to do it again" tactic, the "Didn't you say you were going to give me pocket money for this?" tactic, the "I have suddenly become deaf and have also acquired a terrible case of executive dysfunction" tactic, and the ever-popular "I'll wait until just before bedtime and announce that I'm ready to do it then" tactic.

Sometimes the kid actually will make a half-decent effort (after all, he's seen you do it hundreds of times), and you have to suppress your OCD-driven urge to do it all over again because he hasn't done it the way you would have done it.

Lol - I don't have any, but my parents were pretty strict on getting me to do stuff. Though my excuses were  pretty sharp.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9013 on: June 23, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

Lol - I don't have any, but my parents were pretty strict on getting me to do stuff. Though my excuses were  pretty sharp.

Mine too they said I had an excuse and argument for everything. :laugh:  I didn't do laundry myself till I went to collage and had nobody to do it for me.  I don't mind so much now my kids know how but won't unless pressed to
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9014 on: June 23, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
After more than 20 years it does get annoying.

People grinning, smiling, putting their hand either on my or their abdomen, smiling even more, looking at my belly. 'Wink, wink, say no more, say no more'.

I'm a very huggy touch loving person, but the amount of people that is allowed to touch my abdomen is very small. And I don't want pregnancy comments anymore.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!