Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250305 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #8685 on: June 03, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention that four other UPS trucks parked nearby, but across the lot, had glass damaged and some large dents in the aluminum bodies, also.

It is like when Gabriel took my arm up and broke it to save my head from being crushed and put the bat in my other hand so I would have the advantage over the punk that swung at me and the sense to know that another was about to hit me.
I don't want to be like some crazy-assed mystic, but how can I explain these things in a way that satisfies my intelligence, except by some type of intervention from a plane outside of this world.

Nevermind. I don't really expect anyone who has not met Gabriel to understand much of this. It does seem odd though, doesn't it!??

Her car is fine and two others are nearly totaled and five others have massive damage, while hers sat protected in between them all.

:-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8686 on: June 03, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »
Her car being in the middle, essentially, could explain why it had less damage as it may have been subjected to less wind force behind the hail as it fell. It is also possible that the exact location of her car coincided with a slightly weaker patch of hail that had been released by the storm. A lot of physics and variables to take into account with hail dropping from so far up during a storm. Sorry, but there are plenty of explanations. This is not that uncommon during storms.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8687 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »
Her car being in the middle, essentially, could explain why it had less damage as it may have been subjected to less wind force behind the hail as it fell. It is also possible that the exact location of her car coincided with a slightly weaker patch of hail that had been released by the storm. A lot of physics and variables to take into account with hail dropping from so far up during a storm. Sorry, but there are plenty of explanations. This is not that uncommon during storms.

Yeah, but I feel drama from all this. Don't take it away from me!
 :lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8688 on: June 03, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »

Some things just can't be explained.  Better :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8689 on: June 03, 2009, 02:43:28 PM »
It was a really great storm last night though. I was in the outside edge of it and we lost electricity for over two hours.

(Not so bad, really. I made it a party for the kids. We set up a carpet picnic, with candles and ate fruit and veggies out of the 'fridge. Then we read by candle light for almost an hour. It was awesome!)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:46:26 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8690 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »

Well, yeah. I am laughing about all this, but really worried, too, and glancing about to keep vigil.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8691 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »
The crazy people where I am working keep stopping me to ask how much longer it will take.  A lot less if you stop fucking asking
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8692 on: June 03, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »
Sorry, but there are plenty of explanations. This is not that uncommon during storms.
Everything can be explained with physics and mathematics!  Better :laugh:

Corrected! :thumbup:
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8693 on: June 03, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
Hey, just because it can be explained, doesn't mean it has been yet, and until then, constructs are convenient, useful and inspire unexpected connections.

Nevermind. I'm sure I'm talking to a brick wall.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8694 on: June 03, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
Hey, just because it can be explained, doesn't mean it has been yet, and until then, constructs are convenient, useful and inspire unexpected connections.

No you aren't. I may act like a meathed but these sorts of philosophies are always fascinating to me.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8695 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention that four other UPS trucks parked nearby, but across the lot, had glass damaged and some large dents in the aluminum bodies, also.

It is like when Gabriel took my arm up and broke it to save my head from being crushed and put the bat in my other hand so I would have the advantage over the punk that swung at me and the sense to know that another was about to hit me.
I don't want to be like some crazy-assed mystic, but how can I explain these things in a way that satisfies my intelligence, except by some type of intervention from a plane outside of this world.

Nevermind. I don't really expect anyone who has not met Gabriel to understand much of this. It does seem odd though, doesn't it!??

Her car is fine and two others are nearly totaled and five others have massive damage, while hers sat protected in between them all.

I have never met Gabriel, but I thought that you must have a guardian angel or something after you came out OK except for your broken arm when you interrupted that robbery of your neighbor.  It could have been your head that was broken and I was very glad it wasn't.  BTW, did you have any more legal trouble over defending yourself against those punks?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8696 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »

I have never met Gabriel, but I thought that you must have a guardian angel or something after you came out OK except for your broken arm when you interrupted that robbery of your neighbor.  It could have been your head that was broken and I was very glad it wasn't.  BTW, did you have any more legal trouble over defending yourself against those punks?

No, the reporting officers (possibly influenced by my neighbor, one block away, who is on the police force) made sure that it all "went away."  On their second visit to my house a week later, the police presented me with a legal writ of some fancy title, which declared that I was to be held harmless for my actions in the eyes of the court by the state's attorney. I know I mentioned before that this all "went away", but so much was going on right then, I may have left some things out.
I was back to work by then and struggling to try to find a way to do my job with a cast on my arm. Even though it was a soft cast, it was very confining and I was doing my absolute best to not move it at all.

On the other hand, it is totally possible, as Trig has alluded to, that there just happened to be a lucky hole in the storm, centered over my wife's car as the powerful whipping storm rushed by. It only took about twenty minutes for all that damage to happen so the hole in the storm would not have to last very long, in the grand scheme of things. Since the storm was moving so quickly, the hole in the storm would not have needed to spend very much time at all in any one part of the turbulence, either, because the patch of severe weather was over thirty miles long and about two miles wide. Hell it only makes sense that there could be enough room inside a frontal boundary of that size for several similar holes in the storm. I just wonder how many of those holes in the storm stayed in the same geographic pinpoint throughout the entire storm, though. In all seriousness, the cars near hers were actually several feet away from her car and so the hole in the storm I am imagining would not need to be large at all, when compared to the size of the storm, nor would there have been any reason for the hole in the storm to develop a well defined edge or anything, having four or five feet of wiggle-room between her car and the next, but it would have to be a fairly stable hole in the storm, somewhat capable of ignoring the wind force, in order to stay that close to her car, while those cars around hers were pummeled by balls of ice from all directions.

Hell, it makes about as much sense as the cupped hands of Gabriel protecting her car from damage, in some mysterious, other-worldly way that can not be explained so simply.
:D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:15:26 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8697 on: June 03, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »
Sorry, but there are plenty of explanations. This is not that uncommon during storms.
Everything can be explained with mythical powers!  Better :laugh:

Fixed due to fear!

We had a lightning strike in my yard this evening and my oldest daughter, who was in her bed a few feet from the window, was zapped and her hands "buzzed" and were twitching. I was downstairs in the same corner of the house, but about 10 feet from the window, and was definitely freaked out, although not physically affected.

I got the message oh mythical beings! I will never question your magical powers again.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8698 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »

Yeah, well you're glue, and that bouncy ball you just threw bounced off me and is now stuck on you. :P
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8699 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »
Everything can be explained with mythical powers!  Better :laugh:

Fixed due to fear!

We had a lightning strike in my yard this evening and my oldest daughter, who was in her bed a few feet from the window, was zapped and her hands "buzzed" and were twitching. I was downstairs in the same corner of the house, but about 10 feet from the window, and was definitely freaked out, although not physically affected.

I got the message oh mythical beings! I will never question your magical powers again.

JEEZ, Dude, that's scary as hell (no mystical/mythical allusion, here!), I know it is.
How is she?

What do you mean her hands buzzed. Was she shaking from some effect from the lightning or was she just really scared and her hands were shaking.
They always say how perfect of an insulator glass is, but then so is four miles of distance, usually. Lightning often travels several miles before the force is completely discharged. I doubt that even double pane glass is much of an insulator to the kind of forces which cause lightning.

I think you should keep a close eye on her tonight, regardless.

The last time lightning hit near me I shook for an hour or more and it was still quite a ways away from me. The next day my whole body was sore, like from over working muscles. I think it was the shock wave passing through my body that actually made me so sore.
Your house probably absorbed some of the shockwave, but you both could still have some effect from it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:14:27 PM by DirtDawg »