Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250418 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #8535 on: May 17, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

I came from work yesterday, tired as fuck(!), slammed some coffee then half dozed on the couch watching some meaningless kid movie with the noisy scabs. I vaguely remember my wife telling me that she was going to oversee the kids' bath and I could stay down and sleep, if I could.

I dozed deeper and deeper, when she suddenly screams from the back door (which enters the garage) for me to call the police.

WTF ???,   obviously.

I grabbed my cell and stumbled out into the garage to find that my wife had become entangled in a domestic quarrel from across the street. She had been pushed and when I saw first what all the screaming was about, I saw a young man dragging a pregnant woman by her hair and hitting her face every time she tried to speak, out of my garage.

The woman had run with my wife to our garage (after my wife had broke them up the first time) and the fuckstick had followed them to get the young girl back.  I saw this guy hitting this pregnant woman and dragging her out of my garage, FFS!

I had already dialed "911"  (responding sleepily, but instantly to my wife's urgent tone of voice) when I saw this disgusting scene and saw that my wife was extremely upset - I tossed her the phone, told her to listen and respond to the dispatcher with our address first!  On the way through my garage, I grabbed my rake (the last tool I had used and the only solid thing on my way to this horrible event). I took two good steps and planted the round, handle end of my garden rake into the hard tissue near his sternum to stop him from dragging and hitting the pregnant girl. He went down fast and I grabbed the girl's arm to find if I could stand her up.

TeH shithead was quite well downed and gagging, but trying to get up. I took a vigilant stance, then jammed the rake handle into his inner thigh,  (I was beginning to come awake, now), and told him that if he tried to get to his feet I would hurt him and that he needed to wait for the cops to come, sitting on his ass, right there on the ground.
He sat back and said that he was NOT going back to jail. (Turns out, this is to be his second trip to jail for beating this girl - the rotten bastard!)

I turned a little to try to see my wife and she was just finishing with the 911 call, as the cops drove up. Apparently someone else from down the street had already called for police and they were there. That is when I saw the blood which ran down my wife's arm from the scrape she got from trying to break the two kids up by herself and being push down into the limestone drive of the neighbor's house. (I can't really explain how much personal courage she has just shown all these dozen and a half "Uh-Oh" chanting, mouth opened, numbly staring people who were content watching and doing NOTHING nor how much more I am in love with this tough, unrelentingly determined woman (OK - "old" , too - she turns forty five this year) - I have known her all these years and I have never seen this level of rage towards justice for another stranger. I've seen her stand up for me and her kid, but not to this degree and never for a total stranger.  I am very proud to know her and she is amazing!)

It all took until near dark, but the police took statements from all of us and eventually took the abusive bastard to jail. The pregnant girl went to Her Uncle Bob's house to stay the night.
I saw again, first hand, watching speechlessly, how some women who have such low self esteem, believe that they can do no better in a life partner than to accept someone who will eventually beat them so bloody that they may not survive, as she tried to cling to her boyfriend's leg while the cops put him in the car- she had "come unglued,"  so to speak. Another cop had to restrain her as she tried to cling to her abusive boyfriend. She also changed her story to the cops several times, presumably trying to keep her abusive bastard boyfriend out of trouble.
My wife told me that when I hit that guy with my rake handle, my feet were several feet off the ground, my torso was almost horizontal and she thought I was going to pole vault over him with the rake. She also teased that she did not know that I could still jump at all. I just said that it only seemed so because she is so damn short. (lol - short in stature, she's a giant in the senses of fair play)

Anyway, last night was a lot of trauma for us and I/we spent the rest of the evening trying to put what bits of it all that our kids saw out the windows into some perspective that they can understand and hopefully, get over.

My heart hangs heavily to know that these two people will be again at each other's throats in a few short days and nothing anyone says to either of them will change what will eventually happen to one or both of them or possibly to their baby.
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8536 on: May 17, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
Damn.

Sad indeed.

It so seldom changes. The clinging on to the routine of the short span of safety after the blows.

You've got a great woman DD.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8537 on: May 17, 2009, 04:48:06 PM »
Wow  you have that interesting life thing down good.  You did good but like you I worry about the girl and the upcoming baby
 :plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8538 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
Your wife is amazing, but I feel sorry for the pregnant woman and her baby.

I can't understand why she would cling to the rat bastard and try to lie for him after what he did to her. 

What if the beating hurt the baby?  Would she still be so forgiving? 

The impetus for my sister-in-law to finally divorce her abusive ex-husband was that he beat her in the kitchen while she was holding their baby.  The baby wasn't hurt, but she could have been hit by her enraged father while he was beating my sister-in-law or she even could have been dropped on a hot stove.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8539 on: May 17, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
Damn.

Sad indeed.

It so seldom changes. The clinging on to the routine of the short span of safety after the blows.

You've got a great woman DD.

Yes, I do, indeed!

To think that just last week, I was so out of it with my back pain, taking handfuls of pills and shots from the doc and hobbling around on a pair of crutches. I still hurt down low in my back, but the adrenaline rush of having to see this young (nineteen year old) pregnant woman being beaten brutally in my own goddamn driveway was a lot to respond to all at once. I did not hurt anyone, though. I responded with care, even though my instinct was to beat that redneck bastard nearly to death for hurting my wife and his girlfriend.

This shit was literally "Cop Show"  material.

I feel terrible for the baby-to-be and the young woman, but I have to prioritize and my focus went as soon as possible to support my own young kids, who saw a bit too much of grown-up life in one day.
 >:(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8540 on: May 17, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »
Your wife is amazing, but I feel sorry for the pregnant woman and her baby.

I can't understand why she would cling to the rat bastard and try to lie for him after what he did to her. 

What if the beating hurt the baby?  Would she still be so forgiving? 

The impetus for my sister-in-law to finally divorce her abusive ex-husband was that he beat her in the kitchen while she was holding their baby.  The baby wasn't hurt, but she could have been hit by her enraged father while he was beating my sister-in-law or she even could have been dropped on a hot stove.

Yeah, I was pretty much feeling OK about how it was going, until the first time she changed her story. I tried to accept in my mind that she was just overwrought, confused, hurt, desperate, pregnant, hormonal, or whatever.
Then she changed it again and again, each time making it out to be her own fault and began to show symptoms of that captured person's syndrome (I can't remember the "proper name" right now).

I went inside several times, a bit nauseous, to check on the kidlettes and try to make them distracted - it hardly worked. We had to go through a lot of grown-up shit last night with the kids.

I can't understand it either, even though I have seen this same thing several times in the past. The cousin, my own age, who I grew up with had a father who beat his mother (my mom's closest sister) ruthlessly and she stayed with him for twenty something years and always defended him. My uncles even gave the bastard a blanket party one time, but she would still not admit to any of his faults.

...  and YES!  ...  my dear wife is truly amazing on many levels. She was loading the dishwasher and monitoring the kids' showers when she saw what was going on across the street. I was practically asleep with my headphones on, content to not know anything else of the world for a time, when she sprung to the rescue of this young girl.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:21:26 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8541 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:24 PM »
Wow  you have that interesting life thing down good.  You did good but like you I worry about the girl and the upcoming baby
 :plus:

I'm getting too old for this kind of shit. Seriously!

... but all around here, things are going downhill and rough company has come to town. You never know what the fuck is going to happen next.

(did I mention, I found a fancy butterfly knife stashed in my garden growth, near the sidewalk?)

I need to buy me a mountain, build me a rocking chair and install a seatbelt.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:36:51 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8542 on: May 17, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
I wonder if it belongs to to the rat bastard? 

I think that butterfly knives are illegal to carry there so he would not have wanted to get caught by the police with it when he was arrested.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8543 on: May 17, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »
I wonder if it belongs to to the rat bastard? 

I think that butterfly knives are illegal to carry there so he would not have wanted to get caught by the police with it when he was arrested.

Nah, I found it a few weeks ago while it was still cold out. I suspect that it was quite likely to have been ditched as the police approached, possibly some time last fall, even. It showed a bit of weathering, but it is stainless steel and has a carved bone handle. It seems like a decent quality of weapon.

I believe that import of balisongs is banned in the USA and the length of the typical blade makes them illegal to carry here, anyway. Some states even ban any knife that can have the blade exposed with one hand. My carpenter/box knife is technically illegal to carry in some places as are those cool lock-blade hunting knives with the little thumb thing that allows you to whip it open against a spring.

I only mentioned it as an example of just how fucking crazy our local community has become.

Another example of how far we've come:

About ten years ago, when my bro-in-law's car was taken for a joyride, it was like the first crime of any sort in recent months, He left the key in it as everyone used to do. Some teen succumbed to the temptation and took a ride. Every cop on the force hung around for hours and hours just making the report, then that afternoon, after it was recovered, they all made like a "party"  out of writing it all up. It was really a big deal to have something to do for all four of the cops.
Things are not that way anymore.
The "big city" has found our little town.
 :violin:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:22:00 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8544 on: May 18, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »
True. I have an appointment on Monday so I'll talk to the doctor.

By the way, did you notice that House uses the cane on his wrong side?  His right thigh is injured and he uses the cane in his right hand, but it's better if you use the cane in the opposite hand to the affected side, so you can shift more weight to your good side as opposed to your injured side.  Of course, I use it in either hand, especially on stairs, so I can hold onto the handrail while I say in my mind, "up with the good," or "down with the bad," to remind myself to step up with the good side first and to step down with the bad side and the cane first.

;D

Yes, I've noticed. I do the same thing--I use my left hand. I find it easier.

What did the doctor say about your hip?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8545 on: May 19, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »
Not a lot. That I shouldn't try to lift heavy things. :-\ This visit wasn't about the hip, specifically--I was scheduled before the hip thing happened. :P

But I'll see another doctor, in a while, and hopefully find out more.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8546 on: May 19, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »
Some states even ban any knife that can have the blade exposed with one hand. My carpenter/box knife is technically illegal to carry in some places as are those cool lock-blade hunting knives with the little thumb thing that allows you to whip it open against a spring.

OHHH NOES I be breaking the law  I have two at least on me when ever I am out :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8547 on: May 19, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
Some states even ban any knife that can have the blade exposed with one hand. My carpenter/box knife is technically illegal to carry in some places as are those cool lock-blade hunting knives with the little thumb thing that allows you to whip it open against a spring.

OHHH NOES I be breaking the law  I have two at least on me when ever I am out :o

Yep, you are also a criminal, by simple definition.

Rock on!!

TheoK

« Reply #8548 on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:34 AM »
Hairs slowly disappear from the top of the head and grow back in the ears and nose instead. Damned INEVITABILITY OF GRADUALNESS!  :zombiefuck:  :yikes: :tinfoil:  :GA: :tantrum: :soapbox: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8549 on: May 20, 2009, 05:33:56 AM »
:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein