Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249571 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #8325 on: April 15, 2009, 07:30:48 AM »
My stomach is upset of all that cognac yesterday. But I have no hangover at least.  :-\

*stabs another Puke Pin through the closest TheoK doll on hand*

I thought you loved cognac? Have you noticed that the things you like seldom share those same feelings for you?

:lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8326 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
I was thinking about some anger I have toward my mother... then turned on the TV and saw something very similar reflected in the family dynamics in the program that was playing.  Which was the delightful family sitcom Two and a Half Men.  If you've ever seen that show and know what the mother on it is like, you might understand why I suddenly feel that much worse.

I haven't seen it enough to know what she's like.

What was your mother like?  Isn't she bipolar but had no clue about it while you were young?
The mom on two and a half men is an evil bitch, lol.

My mom knew she had mental health problems before but didn't call them bipolar.  Often she called them "Serissa," lol.  There are just so many things it's so crystal clear to me she shoudln't have done, and I see how they've embedded themselves into the way that I am, which lately has been extremely unhappy, and very angry.

The punchline is that a major stressor popped up after I made that post, I called my mother for support, but I was so unglued that a lot of the angry things I've been trying for months and months to not say to her came spilling out in the process, and now I think she and I are probably not on speaking terms.  To her/our credit, it was the most civilized apocalyptic fight we've ever had, and we did go a long time without one (for us).

I wonder if you maybe just needed to clear the air with your mom and the big fight just needed to happen.  I think you could not have spent the rest of your life walking on eggshells with her avoiding what needed to be said.  My mom was a very good mother, but her mother wasn't, even though my mom didn't realize this until after she was a mother herself.  When she and my dad first married and he would even suggest that something was wrong with her mother, she would vigorously defend her.  When she started realizing all the huge parenting mistakes her mother had made, I think it helped a little for her to understand that her mother did the best she knew how to at the time.  I'm not sure if this applies to your mom or not, but I kind of think it does.  It kind of sucks that she would name her mental issues for you, as if you were the cause of her problems, though.

TheoK

« Reply #8327 on: April 15, 2009, 07:35:44 AM »
My stomach is upset of all that cognac yesterday. But I have no hangover at least.  :-\

I thought you loved cognac? Have you noticed that the things you like seldom share those same feelings for you?

It's quite normal to get an upset stomach from over-consumption of alcohol. I get it from whisky too.  :finger:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8328 on: April 15, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »
People who make ASSumptions
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8329 on: April 15, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »

It's quite normal to get an upset stomach from over-consumption of alcohol. I get it from whisky too.  :finger:

Ah! Over-consumption, as if you were still a child. That's laughable as well, but my creating an aversion in you for the cognac that you mentioned yesterday, is much funnier.

:wanker:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #8330 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »
I only drink quality booze - at the expense of the NT taxpayers.  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8331 on: April 15, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »

Ah! Over-consumption, as if you were still a child. That's laughable as well, but my creating an aversion in you for the cognac that you mentioned yesterday, is much funnier.

:wanker:

:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8332 on: April 15, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
I was thinking about some anger I have toward my mother... then turned on the TV and saw something very similar reflected in the family dynamics in the program that was playing.  Which was the delightful family sitcom Two and a Half Men.  If you've ever seen that show and know what the mother on it is like, you might understand why I suddenly feel that much worse.

What was your mother like?  Isn't she bipolar but had no clue about it while you were young?

My mom knew she had mental health problems before but didn't call them bipolar.  Often she called them "Serissa," lol.  There are just so many things it's so crystal clear to me she shoudln't have done, and I see how they've embedded themselves into the way that I am, which lately has been extremely unhappy, and very angry.

The punchline is that a major stressor popped up after I made that post, I called my mother for support, but I was so unglued that a lot of the angry things I've been trying for months and months to not say to her came spilling out in the process, and now I think she and I are probably not on speaking terms.  To her/our credit, it was the most civilized apocalyptic fight we've ever had, and we did go a long time without one (for us).

I wonder if you maybe just needed to clear the air with your mom and the big fight just needed to happen.  I think you could not have spent the rest of your life walking on eggshells with her avoiding what needed to be said.  My mom was a very good mother, but her mother wasn't, even though my mom didn't realize this until after she was a mother herself.  When she and my dad first married and he would even suggest that something was wrong with her mother, she would vigorously defend her.  When she started realizing all the huge parenting mistakes her mother had made, I think it helped a little for her to understand that her mother did the best she knew how to at the time.  I'm not sure if this applies to your mom or not, but I kind of think it does.  It kind of sucks that she would name her mental issues for you, as if you were the cause of her problems, though.
To the last bit- I meant that metaphorically.  I was the person who was always in treatment, even though the problem being treated wasn't 'mine.'

To the rest- here's hoping.  I emailed her when I was calmer and explained to her that I loved her but have a lot of anger, and I was sorry that I'd hurt her with it but that it was hard for me to hold back.  She responded surprisingly well; I got an email back this afternoon from her saying that she was stil processing and was sad about having hurt me, but viewing my anger in the context of the fact that I do still love her.  (And I do, it's just all mixed up in other things.)  It's still lousy but better than I was excpeting; I was expecting her to picth a fit and/or refuse communication for awhile.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8333 on: April 16, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »

To the last bit- I meant that metaphorically.  I was the person who was always in treatment, even though the problem being treated wasn't 'mine.'

To the rest- here's hoping.  I emailed her when I was calmer and explained to her that I loved her but have a lot of anger, and I was sorry that I'd hurt her with it but that it was hard for me to hold back.  She responded surprisingly well; I got an email back this afternoon from her saying that she was stil processing and was sad about having hurt me, but viewing my anger in the context of the fact that I do still love her.  (And I do, it's just all mixed up in other things.)  It's still lousy but better than I was excpeting; I was expecting her to picth a fit and/or refuse communication for awhile.

I watch Two and a Half Men and really feel for you. Hope it works out for whatever is best for you!
 :hug:
When I get the chance:

:plus:

Done!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:02:16 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8334 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:17 AM »
Last night I called Comcast to bitch about Cartoon Network being out for the past two days. This had been going on for over a week, but this time it didn't come back. They told me they moved it to a package that requires a Comcast receiver, which I don't have, because I ain't paying $6 a month to watch shows my TV can get in just fine. Since about 60% of my TV watching revolves around Cartoon Network, I told them I would be gone as soon as I got something else set up. So I went online and worked out a Triple Bundle Deal with Verizon and will be saving $45 per month, but getting more than twice as many channels, including the HD ones, which Comcast took away last year even though I have a TV with a High-Def Tuner. Even the local channels...the bastards. The rates have steadily gone up from $45 to $65 since they took over from Adelphia about four years ago, the quality has gone down, and the number of channels has continuously gone down. Cartoon Network was the last straw!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Hey, Comcast!  :finger:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8335 on: April 16, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
The last joint in my right index finger hurts, I think due to too much typing and mouse clicking, so I've immobilised it with some cellotape to let it heal.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8336 on: April 16, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
I'm dizzy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8337 on: April 16, 2009, 02:07:29 PM »
Splinters >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8338 on: April 16, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
I'm dizzy.

(not now, but a few days ago ...  :yikes:  ... a few days before that  ...  :yikes: ... for the past forty years ...  I have noticed the difference  ...  :yikes:)
Another one of my waves, which I try my very best to ride ... :yikes:)

I hate dizzy!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8339 on: April 16, 2009, 02:37:29 PM »
Last night I called Comcast to bitch about Cartoon Network being out for the past two days. This had been going on for over a week, but this time it didn't come back. They told me they moved it to a package that requires a Comcast receiver, which I don't have, because I ain't paying $6 a month to watch shows my TV can get in just fine. Since about 60% of my TV watching revolves around Cartoon Network, I told them I would be gone as soon as I got something else set up. So I went online and worked out a Triple Bundle Deal with Verizon and will be saving $45 per month, but getting more than twice as many channels, including the HD ones, which Comcast took away last year even though I have a TV with a High-Def Tuner. Even the local channels...the bastards. The rates have steadily gone up from $45 to $65 since they took over from Adelphia about four years ago, the quality has gone down, and the number of channels has continuously gone down. Cartoon Network was the last straw!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Hey, Comcast!  :finger:

Hey, it is Comcast who bought out our "smallville" stoneage cable company. They suck worse than before and they are twice as expensive, to boot!

They have made a promise to upgrade our service, but aside from marking the ancient lines of service, they have done nothing!!

I still can not get high speed internet cable or HD cable television at my address, along with over eight hundred other addresses in our local blocks.

Comcast totally sucks the donkey wad, in my book.
Customer need is first!!