Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250378 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #8070 on: March 15, 2009, 03:42:59 AM »
I'm glad. :)

Any other problems with that hand and finger? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8071 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:18 AM »

Thanks. 

Sometimes it still aches and I don't think that I will ever be able to completely straighten it without using my other hand to do it, but I'm pretty happy with the progress.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8072 on: March 15, 2009, 04:08:48 AM »
I hope it will get better.

I hurt my foot a year ago, without breaking anything. Only soft tissue was affected, according to the X-rays. The foot still hurts every now and then, though, and the Doctor said the healing would take a long time. I reckon she was right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8073 on: March 15, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »
There was probably some soft tissue damage with my finger as well, since it bent completely back againt the back of my hand when I broke it.

I have a squeezy fidgit that looks like an alien that I use to make it stronger.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8074 on: March 15, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

You Dumbass!

I know I felt the same way :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8075 on: March 15, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
I forgot to say that I can make a tight fist with that hand and finger now, but it took quite a lot of practice before I could.

This is my real worry, you just hit upon. I had a fear that I could no longer do my stretches properly.

Remember, I had an air cast, because the fracture was longitudinal and only partial. I have been able to flex the muscles to their best extent during the healing process. The trauma to the surrounding muscle tissue was severe (major swelling, PurpleBlue veins - but NOT black - thank fuck) and it took some time before I could bend my arm to full extension or contraction. Ten days from now, I go back to the doctor to prove that I've have healed and to be released from his care regarding this incident.

I was worried several times this month that the injury was more severe, but it seems OK, now. I overused it yesterday, but it is not bad now.

Tomorrow, I am on computer all day and I plan to head to work without the cast.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8076 on: March 15, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
Quote from: DirtDawg
For the first time in my life, my left arm is more defined in musculature than my right arm.

Best of luck in recovery.

Thanks, I have trimmed down my bagwork routine to mostly eliminate the arms and I've have made my midsection sore several times from kicking.
I am sure that things are going well, considering my own level of fitness.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8077 on: March 15, 2009, 01:47:25 PM »

Thanks. 

Sometimes it still aches and I don't think that I will ever be able to completely straighten it without using my other hand to do it, but I'm pretty happy with the progress.

Hey, the finger I broke in '96, still reports the impending weather changes. It is strong now though. Maybe not as strong as it might have been, but almost completely normal in its movement. There are sensations that remind me to coddle it at times, too.

It is a part of me.

I doubt that such an injury ever completely heals.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:49:27 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8078 on: March 15, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »
I forgot to say that I can make a tight fist with that hand and finger now, but it took quite a lot of practice before I could.

This is my real worry, you just hit upon. I had a fear that I could no longer do my stretches properly.

Remember, I had an air cast, because the fracture was longitudinal and only partial. I have been able to flex the muscles to their best extent during the healing process. The trauma to the surrounding muscle tissue was severe (major swelling, PurpleBlue veins - but NOT black - thank fuck) and it took some time before I could bend my arm to full extension or contraction. Ten days from now, I go back to the doctor to prove that I've have healed and to be released from his care regarding this incident.

I was worried several times this month that the injury was more severe, but it seems OK, now. I overused it yesterday, but it is not bad now.

I wonder if you might take the cast along with you, just in case?

Thanks. 

Hey, the finger I broke in '96, still reports the impending weather changes. It is strong now though. Maybe not as strong as it might have been, but almost completely normal in its movement. There are sensations that remind me to coddle it at times, too.

It is a part of me.

I think that you must be right about that, especially if it has been twelve years since you broke it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8079 on: March 15, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »
Good luck to both of you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8080 on: March 15, 2009, 04:20:57 PM »

I wonder if you might take the cast along with you, just in case?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, considering we have been far busier at our location than the "nationwide economic crisis"  would lead us to expect. I might have to jump off the computer and actually go DO something.

Interestingly, our traffic is down by twelve percent, but our revenue is up by three percent, compared to last year's figures at our store. That is only one percent less growth in our gross revenue than what the long term model shows we should expect.

Thanks. 

It is a part of me.

I think that you must be right about that, especially if it has been twelve years since you broke it.

:violin:

I compensate, where I can.

Ditto what Odeon said. Good luck with it!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:22:57 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8081 on: March 15, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »
Working in the yard all day on and off now I'm sore and I am sure bruised up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8082 on: March 16, 2009, 05:50:29 AM »
I am sick of people on the train listening to their mp3 players so loudly that I know what songs they have on. There is some shit music out there and I shouldn't have to listen to it. 
 >:(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

TheoK

« Reply #8083 on: March 16, 2009, 05:51:42 AM »
It's their Frankenstein Controls!  :yikes: :tinfoil: :tantrum: :arrr:

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #8084 on: March 16, 2009, 06:21:15 AM »
I am sick of people on the train listening to their mp3 players so loudly that I know what songs they have on. There is some shit music out there and I shouldn't have to listen to it. 
 >:(

Wear ear plugs and quit bitching.
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.