Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249880 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7725 on: January 18, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »

For the moment, I'm bitchin' about appliances in general ... but, one in particular.

Our laundry dryer quit working tonight while my wife was doing some urgent catching up. She had some of her work uniforms and a huge load of undie-things all wet when it stopped.

The next half hour was all about a panic attack (hormonal, I might guess and if she sees this               .......        then, :asthing:  -  seriously!) and how this can't happen, NOW!! This just can't fucking happen!

... but it did and there was nothing I could see wrong that I could fix. It seems obvious that some form of safety attachment, which safeguards us from ourselves and our dangerous laundry, has malfunctioned, but it's fucking SUNDAY NIGHT!!  It can't be fixed right now!!

I went into the top storage areas of the garage and grabbed two big-heavy-assed background stands from the old photography days and a crossbar, whic I erected next to the heat vent in the dining room. Now we have twelve feet of indoor "line" to hang up things that can go on hangers.
I then found some old (brand new, but I've had it for a while)  garden tie rope and strung it across the kitchen, between the cabinet handles to fashion a makeshift indoor (It is still many degrees below freezing outside - that's not an option!) clothesline, four lines across the kitchen! FFS!!

She's calmer, I'm calmer, everyone is calmer and there is underwear and t-shirts and socks and thermals hanging in the kitchen.

... best I could think of at the time.

:LMAO:

Electric or gas?  Could be a belt they go every few years.  With that you'd get heat but no spin.   Both gas and electric ones have sensors so they don't over heat.  If electric it could also be the heating element gas it could be a dirty nossel on the burner
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7726 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »
If it's electric there's not much to them usually. If they don't come on belt or switch is the most common thing, no heat usually hi-low thermo or heating element.

All the ones I've had to fix so far for relatives usually ended up costing me less than $20 in parts.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #7727 on: January 19, 2009, 05:17:26 AM »
I had a dream where I was committing adultery with some naked chick, but I couldn't fit it inside of her pussy.  :thumbdn:

She killed me afterwards, though -- an assassin, go figure.  :zoinks:
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

TheoK

« Reply #7728 on: January 19, 2009, 05:20:34 AM »
Cowardly snow coming down and then melting.  :thumbdn:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7729 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:49 AM »
sunscreen feels yucky, like a constant hell. And yes, I know it's needed.

And I've yet to find the hat that has adequate coverage from the sun and also says "me".

Yeah, you're right. Sunburn's just a lot cooler.

Staying indoors is better.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7730 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »

And I've yet to find the hat that has adequate coverage from the sun and also says "me".

True. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7731 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
I had a dream where I was committing adultery with some naked chick, but I couldn't fit it inside of her pussy.  :thumbdn:

She killed me afterwards, though -- an assassin, go figure.  :zoinks:

:laugh: You have interesting dreams.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7732 on: January 19, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
My face has decided I'm no longer a hospitable environment for habitation.

:zombiefuck:
Here's to hoping you did not lose face in uncontrollable public areas.

:laugh: Actually not, because what I was bitching about was an eczema outbreak, and it got bad on the Friday of the long weekend.

Now I get to find out whether I've gotten any better at healing. Just got off a course of steroids and don't want to have to go right back on. The whole thing's bugging me far more than it usually does, which is probably a good sign. We'll see whether I can do benevolence yet.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7733 on: January 19, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »

For the moment, I'm bitchin' about appliances in general ... but, one in particular.

Our laundry dryer quit working tonight while my wife was doing some urgent catching up. She had some of her work uniforms and a huge load of undie-things all wet when it stopped.

The next half hour was all about a panic attack (hormonal, I might guess and if she sees this               .......        then, :asthing:  -  seriously!) and how this can't happen, NOW!! This just can't fucking happen!

... but it did and there was nothing I could see wrong that I could fix. It seems obvious that some form of safety attachment, which safeguards us from ourselves and our dangerous laundry, has malfunctioned, but it's fucking SUNDAY NIGHT!!  It can't be fixed right now!!

I went into the top storage areas of the garage and grabbed two big-heavy-assed background stands from the old photography days and a crossbar, whic I erected next to the heat vent in the dining room. Now we have twelve feet of indoor "line" to hang up things that can go on hangers.
I then found some old (brand new, but I've had it for a while)  garden tie rope and strung it across the kitchen, between the cabinet handles to fashion a makeshift indoor (It is still many degrees below freezing outside - that's not an option!) clothesline, four lines across the kitchen! FFS!!

She's calmer, I'm calmer, everyone is calmer and there is underwear and t-shirts and socks and thermals hanging in the kitchen.

Electric or gas?  Could be a belt they go every few years.  With that you'd get heat but no spin.   Both gas and electric ones have sensors so they don't over heat.  If electric it could also be the heating element gas it could be a dirty nossel on the burner

Thanks, but it's not the belt or the timer. I'm pretty sure there is a problem with either the door safety switch (which actually "feels funny") or the temperature safety switch located inside the manifold that houses the electrical heating element.

The element itself looks almost unused (shiny, still). It is not electrically open, due to overheating or some such, but I have no idea what the resistance should be. I measures seven hundred ohms, with one end disconnected. There is voltage on both sides of the timer and it counts down, as always. There is voltage on both sides of the temperature control. I am not sure yet how the over-temp safety works and I can't get to the door switch yet. I have to take the fucking thing apart more.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7734 on: January 19, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »

Thanks, but it's not the belt or the timer. I'm pretty sure there is a problem with either the door safety switch (which actually "feels funny") or the temperature safety switch located inside the manifold that houses the electrical heating element.

The element itself looks almost unused (shiny, still). It is not electrically open, due to overheating or some such, but I have no idea what the resistance should be. I measures seven hundred ohms, with one end disconnected. There is voltage on both sides of the timer and it counts down, as always. There is voltage on both sides of the temperature control. I am not sure yet how the over-temp safety works and I can't get to the door switch yet. I have to take the fucking thing apart more.

The element sounds fine, if it's not coming on at all I would suspect the door switch, they go bad alot. You should get an ohms reading at both terminals of the thermostats, fuse, and the switch (activate the switch, open nothing, closed you should get a reading).

This site helps me out frequently, because I tend to forget shit alot anymore. (Fried too many brian cells in my younger days and it's catching up with me.) :laugh:

http://fixitnow.com/appliance-repair-faq/index.html

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7735 on: January 19, 2009, 10:23:05 PM »
That looks like a great website, Icequeen.

I see now why it takes my clothes longer to dry here than it did in the last place we lived.

Thanks.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7736 on: January 20, 2009, 05:43:18 AM »
I came off Lexapro sooooooooo slowly, just how the doctor told me to and I am still getting withdrawal brain zaps and dizziness. :rage:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7737 on: January 20, 2009, 05:59:09 AM »

True. :zoinks:

I've been getting myself stacks of indoor time! WIN!

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #7738 on: January 20, 2009, 06:40:06 AM »
I came off Lexapro sooooooooo slowly, just how the doctor told me to and I am still getting withdrawal brain zaps and dizziness. :rage:

Sounds like it may be better to go "cold turkey" and endure a shorter withdrawal period, get it over and done with.

I'm thinking that mirtazapine isn't for me and can't be effed coming off it slowly.

Also I will probably take some ayahuasca (dimethyltryptamine) this weekend.  :mushie:
It contains an MAOI and I think it has caused me hyper-tension in the past... probably due to having ingested MDMA though, don't think I was taking mirtazapine at the time.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7739 on: January 20, 2009, 07:23:17 AM »
MAOIs never go with other antidepressants! Has no one told you? You risk becoming really sick.

How long did you give the mirtazepine? Sometimes it takes weeks before any difference is noticed.

I am no longer taking Lexapro. I thought of going back to taking a few mgs of it but that will probably just make the whole process longer. Am taking Cymbalta now and that seems to be a good medication so far.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae