Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250508 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7605 on: January 05, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
I've gotten borreliosis in the middle of the winter. 60 kronor to see a nurse and 92.50 kronor for antibiotics.  :(

I thought you had universal heath care the.   Most I would have paid was $10 copay for the doctor and another 10 for the meds :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7606 on: January 05, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »
I have a flare up of arthritis at the base of my left thumb. Never had it there before.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7607 on: January 05, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »
I've gotten borreliosis in the middle of the winter. 60 kronor to see a nurse and 92.50 kronor for antibiotics.  :(

I thought you had universal heath care the.   Most I would have paid was $10 copay for the doctor and another 10 for the meds :-\
Under universal health care systems you still have to pay a few things, I have to pay an £7 charge everytime I get prescription. £13 to see an nurse and get some antibiotics is affordable to everyone though.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7608 on: January 06, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
I eat at the computer, so I think it's more likely to be food-related.  I'll open it up and clean it at some point.

Hence all the mice!  ;)

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7609 on: January 06, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »
I have a flare up of arthritis at the base of my left thumb. Never had it there before.

:hug:

From one arthritis sufferer to another.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7610 on: January 06, 2009, 03:07:16 AM »
+My keybo
ard i#s fucked.q
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7611 on: January 06, 2009, 03:18:00 AM »
The mice have also been humping tha shit outta that thing...

duncvis

« Reply #7612 on: January 06, 2009, 05:11:12 AM »
trying to decide whether my elderly monitor is on its way out or my video chipset.  >:(

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7613 on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:05 AM »
My keyboard's# improving, but I'll have to go over the trace#s with a cotton #swaB AND S#OME DEIONIS#ED WATER TO GET IT BACK TO NORMAL.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #7614 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:59 AM »

Well, one krona is just about 12 cents, so I actually paid about $20 all in all. And over 900 kronor I get free health care and over 1300 free medicine. ;)

TheoK

« Reply #7615 on: January 06, 2009, 05:41:02 AM »

Under universal health care systems you still have to pay a few things, I have to pay an £7 charge everytime I get prescription. £13 to see an nurse and get some antibiotics is affordable to everyone though.

I was more sad about the borreliosis than the money.  :-\

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7616 on: January 06, 2009, 08:29:52 AM »
My keyboard's# improving, but I'll have to go over the trace#s with a cotton #swaB AND S#OME DEIONIS#ED WATER TO GET IT BACK TO NORMAL.

How much is your keyboard worth?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7617 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »

How much is your keyboard worth?

10-20 pounds or thereabouts.  The good news is that my keyboard now works perfectly again.  The bad news is that I seem to have fried both of the PS2 ports on my desktop's motherboard while testing it while it was partially disassembled and one of the electrical connections in the keyboard was open.  The okish news is that there's an auction on ebay for the same model of motherboard that's ending in 4 hours, and I might get it for 10-20 pounds or thereabouts (it's an old model; takes an Athlon 2600XP, DDR333 RAM, AGP graphics card and only has PCI slots).  I'd rather have gotten a PS2 to USB adapter or a USB keyboard, but the USB ports haven't worked in about 6 months, and were flakey for a while before then.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7618 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
Not really sure if I am bitchin' or not, except in the way that Tig might, but two (fifty something dollar per hour) commercial drivers from the hub where my wife works failed their pop pee tests.
 :police:

The company "randomly" tested most drivers the day after a distressing round of NFL play-off games.
 :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

Some failed. The rule is that you may not drink any alcohol for twenty four hours before you show up for work. That pretty much means that if you are one of the main drivers, you can only drink on Friday and Saturday, because alcohol use shows up in a pee test for at least that length of time.

The reason I have mixed feeling about this practice, is that it opened up two jobs that she might have a chance at, close to home. It would mean a ten dollar raise in pay for her, if she got one of those jobs.

:zombiefuck:

Sometimes, working for a big company really sucks!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:43:01 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7619 on: January 06, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
Now the PS/2 ports work again.  Maybe my computer was just tired and wanted to sleep for a while.  Good thing I didn't bid on that auction yet.