Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250329 times)

Offline Coral

• Cool Dude of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • Coral
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7515 on: December 23, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »
Chronic migraines  :bigcry: Doctor perscribes something that takes a month to kick in, and a barbituate/narcotic to treat it in the meantime... LIKE I HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!!
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

TheoK

« Reply #7516 on: December 23, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
I also want barbiturates.  :(

Offline Coral

• Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #7517 on: December 23, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
If they were for fun maybe, but when you have a 10 year old, and I'm a full time nursing student, and a man, and a house to keep up with, oh.... and a job at night... I just don't have the time to not be on my game. I guess I'd rather be high on the migraine meds than to be in agony in a dark room   :(
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

TheoK

« Reply #7518 on: December 23, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »
I'm singel, childless and have 24 hours spare time a day.  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7519 on: December 23, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »
If they were for fun maybe, but when you have a 10 year old, and I'm a full time nursing student, and a man, and a house to keep up with, oh.... and a job at night... I just don't have the time to not be on my game. I guess I'd rather be high on the migraine meds than to be in agony in a dark room   :(

You might want to rethink your situation, then. Stress is very frequently the cause of migraine attacks. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7520 on: December 24, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »
I saved mum from one of her retard moments today.  She has a bit of a fixation about defrosting meat, since she thinks it won't be properly cooked and we'll get food poisoning if it's cooked from frozen.  Also, her partner is really, really fussy about food, and at the moment will only eat chicken if it's cold.  Since she's cooking a whole chicken for xmas day, she decided to start off by putting the raw, frozen chicken in a casserole dish in a warm kitchen at 12pm on the 23rd to give it time to defrost.  She was then going to leave it there until the 24th, when she would cook it.  She was then going to leave it there again to cool until the 25th, when she and her partner would take some cold slices from it and leave the rest for me to use in my meals for the next few days.  I didn't get her to cook it from frozen, but I at least got her to put the damn thing in the fridge after it had been sitting in the casserole dish defrosting for 7 hours.

She has a tendency to fuck things up by being overzealous about one small aspect of the procedure, without realising the wider consequences of what she's doing.  It's annoying whenever I get a lift somewhere, since she's so keen to get there on time that we invariably get there 15-25 minutes early, which means I have to hang around until it's actually the right time for whatever it is I went there for, and once the time wasted by being stupidly early is factored in, it's often just as slow as getting a bus.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #7521 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:31 AM »
At least your ma is trying to cook a Xmas dinner, you ungrateful prick.  :wanker:

And at least you're getting a free lift out of her.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:30:15 AM by Ryan »
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7522 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »
Subway was not open today! Where the fuck am I supposed to eat?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Coral

• Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #7523 on: December 24, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »
Food is best thawed in the fridge, or she could put the chicken in cold water (for a couple hours)and it defrosts quicker. She should not leave cooked food at room temp. for more than 2 hours, that's when bacteria can start to form and food poisoning can happen. All that time being left out a room temp for the whole process doesn't sound like it's accomplishing her mission of not giving food poisoning! You should be grateful she's cooking you dinner though... you are a grown man. Maybe you can help her by offering to give her a break and cooking it for her... and then taking the bus to wherever it is you have to go! Getting somewhere 15 min early makes a better impression on people than being 15 min late ;)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7524 on: December 24, 2008, 01:10:45 PM »
Food is best thawed in the fridge, or she could put the chicken in cold water (for a couple hours)and it defrosts quicker. She should not leave cooked food at room temp. for more than 2 hours, that's when bacteria can start to form and food poisoning can happen. All that time being left out a room temp for the whole process doesn't sound like it's accomplishing her mission of not giving food poisoning! You should be grateful she's cooking you dinner though... you are a grown man. Maybe you can help her by offering to give her a break and cooking it for her... and then taking the bus to wherever it is you have to go! Getting somewhere 15 min early makes a better impression on people than being 15 min late ;)

I'm not some dependent who can't or won't take care of himself; I normally cook for myself, and I cook for her more often than she cooks for me.  I also usually travel by myself; she just offers a lift on occasion, I take care of my own room, buy my own food, fix things around the house, pay my share of bills and we share the cleaning of clothes and dishes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7525 on: December 24, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »

Tube, Metro or Monorail.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7526 on: December 24, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »

Tube, Metro or Monorail.

I would call what they serve, "Metro."

Hardly much to eat for a country boy, but the humor is not lost, in either case.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7527 on: December 24, 2008, 06:19:57 PM »
Christmas eve :hide:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7528 on: December 24, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
Xmas day here.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7529 on: December 24, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »
Christmas eve :hide:

Not bitchin', here. I have a plan.

I'm alone with the two kids. Their mom had to (no, GOT TO!!) work a normal shift, today.
We've been doing a Star Wars marathon (their choice) and I've been stimming the hell out of them with deep tissue and body crushing games.

Right now, it's about even odds as to who will fall out first. I cheat though - I take breaks and sit here, with my fractals and internet while they continue stimming each other. The house is a loud place, but they are already showing signs of cabin fever. They NEED this release of energy.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.