Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249620 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7395 on: December 06, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »
WTF!?!

I found a CD that Exact Audio Copy can not rip for some reason.

!

:hair:

It's from the "Vienna Master Series" 

Inscripted as follows:

Vienna Master Series

GEMA

Made by PILZ CD, Germany 1988.

CD #160231, Franz Schubert, Streichquartet d-Moll op.posth  "Der Tod und das Mädchen"

(It also states in the margin, "keine Ausleihe."  - web xlator result = "no check out" -  WTF!)

Windows Media Player will not even recognize it as a disk.
Winamp can rip it directly to MP3, supposedly, but it only finds the time breaks and the resulting tracks are blank when you try to play them.
EAC produces an error dialog box, simply stating: "Error creating file." with one option to click, "OK."
ISO-Buster shows nothing but audio tracks.

BTW, it plays normally on two of my DVD players, all three of my standard CD players and even the kids' boomboxes.

bizarre. Have you tried using SoundConverter on Ubuntu? that might do it.  :-\

No, but I wil, tommorrow.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7396 on: December 06, 2008, 10:32:30 PM »
WTF!?!

!

Inscripted as follows:

Vienna Master Series

GEMA

CD #160231, Franz Schubert, Streichquartet d-Moll op.posth  "Der Tod und das Mädchen"

(It also states in the margin, "keine Ausleihe."  - web xlator result = "no check out" -  WTF!)

Winamp can rip it directly to MP3, supposedly, but it only finds the time breaks and the resulting tracks are blank when you try to play them.
EAC produces an error dialog box, simply stating: "Error creating file." with one option to click, "OK."

BTW, it plays normally on two of my DVD players, all three of my standard CD players and even the kids' boomboxes.

Some kind of copy protection, from the sound of it.

Then why doesn't ISOBuster find it? That thing finds Windows, Adobe, Semantec, and other keys. It usually rocks.

That fucker has never failed me. Not yet, anyway.

Oddly, it's a dual CD pack. One disk works normally, but the other does not.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7397 on: December 06, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
WTF!?!

!

Inscripted as follows:

Vienna Master Series

GEMA

If the disc has some sort of copy protection, even though it sounds like it doesn't, perhaps something like AnyDVD would help as it also removes any possible copy protection as far as I know.

Thanks, I'll go find that ap, too, and give it a try.

duncvis

« Reply #7398 on: December 07, 2008, 03:18:46 AM »
NINE fucking spambots attempted to register on The Drivel overnight. Grrrr that fucking Gaara bint!

I have had it with all these motherfucking spambots on my motherfucking forum! </Samuel L Jackson> :tantrum:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7399 on: December 07, 2008, 06:31:52 AM »
Suspended registration here till it blows over
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7400 on: December 07, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »
WTF!?!

!

Inscripted as follows:

Vienna Master Series

GEMA

Then why doesn't ISOBuster find it? That thing finds Windows, Adobe, Semantec, and other keys. It usually rocks.

Bad luck, then. A scratch on an index, coupled with a slightly misaligned laser?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #7401 on: December 07, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
Suspended registration here till it blows over

don't blame you - I've had five more since this morning. I've got registration set to admin approval though, so none of em have got through. :litigious:

Blasted

« Reply #7402 on: December 07, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »
There is no alcohol in the house  >:(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7403 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »

What type of god forsaken house do you live in :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #7404 on: December 07, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »
NINE fucking spambots attempted to register on The Drivel overnight. Grrrr that fucking Gaara bint!

I have had it with all these motherfucking spambots on my motherfucking forum! </Samuel L Jackson> :tantrum:

Gaara is gone from Damnedvillage.  ???

duncvis

« Reply #7405 on: December 07, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
:woohoo: now all she needs to do is get the fuck off the internet.

TheoK

« Reply #7406 on: December 07, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »
Milla asked for an admin vote and Gaara might have been pissed off.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7407 on: December 07, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
WTF!?!

!

Inscripted as follows:

Vienna Master Series

GEMA

Bad luck, then. A scratch on an index, coupled with a slightly misaligned laser?

I thought of the misaligned laser issue and tried the disc on three drives with the same results. One is an elderly CD burner from MSI (cleanest ripper I own.), one a DVD-ROM drive from Pacific Digital (cheap ebay find, but good ripper) and the other is an LG external Multi-format burner (only a few months old - rips OK, burns OK - nothing special. I really need to replace the one that put a scar on my finger and exploded a disc in my face. I was wearing glasses, no harm to face. All harm, but the finger, went to itself.).

I don't think a misaligned laser is the whole problem. If there is a scratch, I'll be damned if I can see it.

Downloading previously suggested apps as I type.

TheoK

« Reply #7408 on: December 07, 2008, 02:51:40 PM »
"Ausleihe" is not "check out". "No permit to lend it", it says.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7409 on: December 07, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

My deepest sympathies extended to you and yours.