Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249955 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7365 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:11 AM »

Dialog box text:

"Your connection to our system has been lost due to circumstances over which we have no control. NetZero will now exit for unknown reasons."

Bullshit! There is nothing wrong with my shit. They have, once again, oversold their bandwidth.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7366 on: December 03, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »
:finger:

You know who you are!

Well :finger: to you too!

Does that clarify it for the gentle folk?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7367 on: December 03, 2008, 01:29:53 PM »

You know who you are!

Not really including myself with the gentle folk.

What's going on, pal?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7368 on: December 03, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »

You know who you are!

More problems dealing with your mom's issues?

:hug:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7369 on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »
My skin is not clearing up at all, just went and got antibiotics. What a joke, this sucks.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7370 on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
Thanks.
It HAS been a rough go at times (not the early starts - I do that anyway. It's more the time when my old job ran past the hour of Store Opening and I had to deal one-on-one with customers, a cacophonous nightmare of overstimulating noises, yet still get the displays done, up and running properly. Some were functionally complex, but I managed.) and I have worked damned hard, sometimes just barely treading TeH water of ASTHINGS.  I will now be a Product Process Supervisor, which means staying atop expiring inventory and advancing sales strategies for newly acquired products.

Not sure that I deserve this over some of the others, but I'm taking it.

Look at this, and there are probably other things you deal with but don't tell us. You don't need to doubt or complain. Take it because you deserve it. It is pretty obvious that you are doing better and working harder than those other people else it wouldn't be happening. This is not something to bitch about, it is something to be glad about and I am glad you got the job and hope you are happy doing it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

duncvis

« Reply #7371 on: December 04, 2008, 02:29:58 AM »
 :agreed:

renaeden is wise.

TheoK

« Reply #7372 on: December 04, 2008, 06:35:08 AM »
That sucker still hasn't sent my Havannas, which mean I'll probably not get them this week either.  :finger:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7373 on: December 04, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
:agreed:

renaeden is wise.

QFT.

i slept badly, due to eczema and the pain from what i suspect may be a perforated eardrum; woke up at 04.15, thought about getting up, for half an hour; decided not to (big mistake); got to sleep eventually at about 05.45; overslept, and had to phone into work to leave a message so my students didn't all escape.  (bless them, they were working like mad when i got there, eventually).

i'm fed up with things going wrong with (and for) me.   >:(  :'(

TheoK

« Reply #7374 on: December 04, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »
I have prostate ache.  :(

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7375 on: December 04, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »

You know who you are!

What's going on, pal?

I've just been pissed off at myself lately. Now I'm pissed off at my wife, and I'l tell you why.

Our son last night ate a piece of hard candy he was told not to eat by his mother. He almost choked on it, but then it slid down the right tube, but got lodged temporarily. As he is freaking out, coughing, and getting hysterical, all my wife could do is yell at him for eating the piece of candy she told him not to eat and that she had told him so. What kind of parent does that shit? So I started helping my son to make sure he wasn't choking and then to get the piece dislodged so it would go on down into his stomach, and she kept going. So I start yelling at her to let it rest, we can deal with that after we take care of him, and she kept it up Only now she added the threat to him that he would have to go to the hospital to have it removed, which made him even more hysterical. She kept repeating, "Well I told you not to eat it!" By now I have him in my arms resting on the couch. She kept it up for like 15 minutes, sending him into continued fits of hysteria. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7376 on: December 04, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »

You know who you are!

What's going on, pal?

I've just been pissed off at myself lately. Now I'm pissed off at my wife, and I'l tell you why.

Our son last night ate a piece of hard candy he was told not to eat by his mother. He almost choked on it, but then it slid down the right tube, but got lodged temporarily. As he is freaking out, coughing, and getting hysterical, all my wife could do is yell at him for eating the piece of candy she told him not to eat and that she had told him so. What kind of parent does that shit? So I started helping my son to make sure he wasn't choking and then to get the piece dislodged so it would go on down into his stomach, and she kept going. So I start yelling at her to let it rest, we can deal with that after we take care of him, and she kept it up Only now she added the threat to him that he would have to go to the hospital to have it removed, which made him even more hysterical. She kept repeating, "Well I told you not to eat it!" By now I have him in my arms resting on the couch. She kept it up for like 15 minutes, sending him into continued fits of hysteria. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief!

You are right, your wife should have kept that piece of information to herself, and she definitely should have kept quiet after she saw that he was getting upset.

I guess she wasn't thinking clearly because she was upset herself.

I choked on a jawbreaker once when I was a kid and my dad turned me upside down over his thighs and kept whacking my back between my shoulder blades until it came out. 

I think that they stopped buying jawbreakers for a long time after that happened.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7377 on: December 04, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »
Thanks.
It HAS been a rough go at times (not the early starts - I do that anyway. It's more the time when my old job ran past the hour of Store Opening and I had to deal one-on-one with customers, a cacophonous nightmare of overstimulating noises, yet still get the displays done, up and running properly. Some were functionally complex, but I managed.) and I have worked damned hard, sometimes just barely treading TeH water of ASTHINGS.  I will now be a Product Process Supervisor, which means staying atop expiring inventory and advancing sales strategies for newly acquired products.

Not sure that I deserve this over some of the others, but I'm taking it.

Look at this, and there are probably other things you deal with but don't tell us. You don't need to doubt or complain. Take it because you deserve it. It is pretty obvious that you are doing better and working harder than those other people else it wouldn't be happening. This is not something to bitch about, it is something to be glad about and I am glad you got the job and hope you are happy doing it.

In a way, Yyou're right. I have worked hard and i deserve more money than i've have beeen payied   This was not the area;a I was going towards though.. I was studyying (like reallly busting my ass, I've read over two thousand pages of e-learnings, all logged, all accounted for, all passed with something like godly scores - I read then I take test. I punk this system severely - not saying I learn in depth all i have beeen tested on, but I know way more than those around me as I've have gathered from trying to get more out of the eliearnninnngs for myself from the ones who ""DO IT" on a daily basis.) to be in the Geeek Squad as a smart guy helping peopel with the netwwork media issues.
I totally havve this netgeek stufff, but i'm assigned to Product Process due to other aptitudes I have not hidden well enough.

Yes, I am glad to get the raise and the ensuing raises as I prove I can do this job,TOOO. My goal for the next few months though is to prove that this job is well within ny grasp, but t the same time, find a suitable replacement and get him/her up to speed so I can continue onthe road to netgeek dude..
I have not told but a few that I have run my own businesses to fair successes, but the guys in charge see this in me, even though I try to hide some of it.

It is my self centeredness that has betrayed me here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:01:22 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7378 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »
apparently "a clean environment with limited exposure to infections and contaminants" isn't specific enough for them. the job refused a second letter from my doctor saying i could go back to work. effing idiots.

damnit.
damn.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7379 on: December 04, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
(...) I totally havve this netgeek stufff, but i'm assigned to Product Process due to other aptitudes I have not hidden well enough. (...)

Ah, so it's not the right job (?). If so, I sympathize.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.