Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249581 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7335 on: December 01, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
I've been trying to get my mind arounnd this harrshness alll afternoon. Yesuerkay, one of the senior mid -level supervisory members was shitcannned. (yeah, told to go home and mope, just as the Season Of Joy begins)

his job was asssigned to me at four Am this mourning. I was wide awake, but still in exercise mode, stimming on my tiptoes. My brain was elsewhere when I came to know this and could not respond in my best way .

I have had no training, whatsoever. i do not even know what all he was responsible for "staying ahead of,"  FFS. I am starting tommorrow morning as a sup. It means an email address, full time hours, access to company systems from which i was blocked, beffore and a raise (shit!?!  it means more than double my pay scale if I can do the job through the ninety day provisional period.)

I feel bad for the guy, but more money and more work time is what I have asked for since the beginning.

I did not want this to be attained due to a ruthless sweep past another's achievements, drawing a kind of  zero sum result.

I want this, but it feels fucked up, right now.

sometimes I really hate success.

Do you know why he was fired?

Congratulations, anyway.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7336 on: December 01, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
Had a no call no show employee today :grrr:

It totally boggles the mind how someone can not call and not show up to their job.

Obviously they don't really want it, but at least they could call you in advance or something. Sheesh!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7337 on: December 01, 2008, 07:24:42 AM »
I've been trying to get my mind arounnd this harrshness alll afternoon. Yesuerkay, one of the senior mid -level supervisory members was shitcannned. (yeah, told to go home and mope, just as the Season Of Joy begins)

his job was asssigned to me at four Am this mourning. I was wide awake, but still in exercise mode, stimming on my tiptoes. My brain was elsewhere when I came to know this and could not respond in my best way .

I have had no training, whatsoever. i do not even know what all he was responsible for "staying ahead of,"  FFS. I am starting tommorrow morning as a sup. It means an email address, full time hours, access to company systems from which i was blocked, beffore and a raise (shit!?!  it means more than double my pay scale if I can do the job through the ninety day provisional period.)

I feel bad for the guy, but more money and more work time is what I have asked for since the beginning.

I did not want this to be attained due to a ruthless sweep past another's achievements, drawing a kind of  zero sum result.

Your time is now, an opportunity has landed right in your lap.

If it is bothering you too much about this other guy, perhaps it is also an opportunity for him to move onto something else that he would rather be doing but never had the courage to leave the security of his job in order to pursue it.

I know with a lot of the bad things that have happened to me in life meant I was forced to move onto something better and more secure.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7338 on: December 01, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »

Do you know why he was fired?

Congratulations, anyway.

The lucre tendered to me included no such bonus as knowing why nor did its dowry hold an invitation to ask, so I have not.

I did my regular job for the first hour, then spent the rest of the day in front of the computer taking an e-course and testing. So far, I have not missed a single question. My score is still one hundred per cent.  It seems stupid to me, this way. You read forty or fifty pages of stuff then, immediately take a test on what you read. FFS, I don't even have to read it to pass when they do it this way. I can just match recent word pictures in my mind and get a passing score.

I am not doing that, though. I am studiously and comprehensively delving deeply into what I am supposed to be learning and taking notes of links I now will use. My intention is become term fluent and overstep the challenge of my new job. I willl own this.
My pay scale increased by three dollars per hour at the start of the day. If I can do this new job, my family will be quite well off, fiscally, and I can stop taking my semi-annual retirement dividends again and leave it all there to grow for the future.

I could not have hoped for this level of success so quickly. Thanks for the congrats, Callaway.
It still feels strange to have this kind of thing happen for me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7339 on: December 01, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »
Missed this yesterday, somehow, so congrats, Dawg! You really deserve it. :woohoo:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7340 on: December 01, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
Thanks.
It HAS been a rough go at times (not the early starts - I do that anyway. It's more the time when my old job ran past the hour of Store Opening and I had to deal one-on-one with customers, a cacophonous nightmare of overstimulating noises, yet still get the displays done, up and running properly. Some were functionally complex, but I managed.) and I have worked damned hard, sometimes just barely treading TeH water of ASTHINGS.  I will now be a Product Process Supervisor, which means staying atop expiring inventory and advancing sales strategies for newly acquired products.

Not sure that I deserve this over some of the others, but I'm taking it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:39:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7341 on: December 01, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
:congrats: dawg!  :hug:

duncvis

« Reply #7342 on: December 01, 2008, 04:58:34 PM »
:woohoo: nice one dawg.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7343 on: December 01, 2008, 05:23:16 PM »

this happened to me - i was canned from a job i think because the sup wanted to give it to someone she like better, but i had another part time job doing the same thing. weirdness - a woman from the place that fired me came to work where i was working and that place ended up firing her. as soon as i heard about it i asked for her job and got it.

it does feel fucked up. watch your back.

nonetheless, congratulations.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7344 on: December 01, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »

Your time is now, an opportunity has landed right in your lap.

If it is bothering you too much about this other guy, perhaps it is also an opportunity for him to move onto something else that he would rather be doing but never had the courage to leave the security of his job in order to pursue it.

I know with a lot of the bad things that have happened to me in life meant I was forced to move onto something better and more secure.

I have been a stepping stone more often than I care to dwell upon. I have asked for more work, but it still feels too good to be true.
Thanks and to you, too, Word'er. I instinctively watch my back. Maybe that's why I feel strange, right now.

The slight stiffening of my hackles being toned down by the promising scent of an open prize is enough to put even a slow-ard on edge.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7345 on: December 01, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
:congrats: dawg!  :hug:
:woohoo: nice one dawg.

Again, thanks for the good thoughts, but you know what it is to feel that "a bird in the hand"  came too easily.

Even if I fail over the next three months (the probatory period), this Tin Man is gaining one HELL of an exploratory look at the man-behind-the-curtain's doings.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7346 on: December 01, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
My fucking anti anxiety meds have gone missing :grrr:  And nobody knows what happened there has been loads of people in and out of the house the last few days
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7347 on: December 01, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
My fucking anti anxiety meds have gone missing :grrr:  And nobody knows what happened there has been loads of people in and out of the house the last few days

I suppose that you have already looked everywhere they could have fallen into or behind?

Can you get more and keep them under lock and key?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7348 on: December 01, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »

I suppose that you have already looked everywhere they could have fallen into or behind?

Can you get more is the real question here.

this is fuckde up, dude!!

let's hope no one took them!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7349 on: December 01, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

Can you get more is the real question here.

this is fuckde up, dude!!

let's hope no one took them!

Well when your house is the local teen hang out.  I usually have them in a safe place but being sick lately I have been slipping.  Not sure if I can get more or not going to see my Dr tomorrow tonight it will just be extra cold meds.  I should be able to get the short acting ones as I had no more of those anyway.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw