Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250051 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7320 on: November 29, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »
Meh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7321 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:39 PM »
have to work tomorrow and its Sunday
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7322 on: November 29, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »

I work every Sunday. Tomorrrow we start at four AM.

But that's OK. I would bitch about stupid people, except that my thumb hurts, stilll. I smashed it today, sideways, and my thumbnail is split down the middle and swolllen, throbbing with each heartbeat. It was cold, too.

If you were going to reallly smash the entire fuck out of your thumb, wouldn't you rather it be in warm temperatures.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7323 on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
Meh.

Too vague. Increase specificity and try again.

...   or not.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7324 on: November 29, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »

But that's OK. I would bitch about stupid people, except that my thumb hurts, stilll. I smashed it today, sideways, and my thumbnail is split down the middle and swolllen, throbbing with each heartbeat. It was cold, too.

If you were going to reallly smash the entire fuck out of your thumb, wouldn't you rather it be in warm temperatures.

The cold keeps it from swelling as badly.  How did you smash it? 

I slammed mine in a car door one time.  Unfortunately, the car door was locked, so the door had to be unlocked before I could get my thumb out.  I kept it on ice for a while, but of course it still hurt.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7325 on: November 29, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »

The cold keeps it from swelling as badly.  How did you smash it? 

I slammed mine in a car door one time.  Unfortunately, the car door was locked, so the door had to be unlocked before I could get my thumb out.  I kept it on ice for a while, but of course it still hurt.

I was working on one of the drop-down, fold-up ladders on teh side bay of one of ourr trucks. It was binding, because a bolt (an important fulcrum point) had fallen out. I almost had it done when one of the kids jumped on the laddder, catching my thumb between two levers. Blood erupted out the end of my thumb from beneath the nail as it sort of "blew up."

It's OK, but it will be sore for a few days. The nail only split about three fourths of the way down, so it will be grown out in about a month.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:20:46 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7326 on: November 29, 2008, 11:34:34 PM »
I did that to my middle finger in a scroll saw once. It didn't bleed that badly but it made typing a pain.

Why would warm temperatures be better?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Blasted

« Reply #7327 on: November 30, 2008, 08:29:16 AM »
I hate ginger, backstabbing, plotting, bitchy cunts.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7328 on: November 30, 2008, 01:10:55 PM »
Had a no call no show employee today :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7329 on: November 30, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »
How come you have to never have a real conversation with him again? Is it that awkward to think about him desiring you?
Nonono, if there wasn't a third person it would just be awkward and I'd be maybe a little irritated but fine.  As it is, according to my own moral code I feel it would be wrong to talk to him anymore.  I felt like it was dicey talking to him thinking all he had was a bit of a crush that surfaced when he was fighting with the (soon-to-be) missus, but harmless enough that I could basically justify it.  Now, not.  (Underlined because I know you'll want to argue with that, Pyraxis.  :P  This is me, my life, my situation, and my choice, though, and I don't want to argue it.)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7330 on: November 30, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
Okay, okay, I'll curb the ODD for your sake.  :P

(Sorry. I know I'm overly antagonistic and I'm still working on figuring out when it's welcome and when it's not.)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7331 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
Okay, okay, I'll curb the ODD for your sake.  :P

(Sorry. I know I'm overly antagonistic and I'm still working on figuring out when it's welcome and when it's not.)
:)  S'ok; thank you for respecting my 'pleeeeeease don't argue with this' reply.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7332 on: November 30, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
Meh.

Too vague. Increase specificity and try again.

...   or not.

:zombiefuck:

Meh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7333 on: November 30, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »
I've been trying to get my mind arounnd this harrshness alll afternoon. Yesuerkay, one of the senior mid -level supervisory members was shitcannned. (yeah, told to go home and mope, just as the Season Of Joy begins)

his job was asssigned to me at four Am this mourning. I was wide awake, but still in exercise mode, stimming on my tiptoes. My brain was elsewhere when I came to know this and could not respond in my best way .

I have had no training, whatsoever. i do not even know what all he was responsible for "staying ahead of,"  FFS. I am starting tommorrow morning as a sup. It means an email address, full time hours, access to company systems from which i was blocked, beffore and a raise (shit!?!  it means more than double my pay scale if I can do the job through the ninety day provisional period.)

I feel bad for the guy, but more money and more work time is what I have asked for since the beginning.

I did not want this to be attained due to a ruthless sweep past another's achievements, drawing a kind of  zero sum result.

I want this, but it feels fucked up, right now.

sometimes I really hate success.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:22:35 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7334 on: November 30, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »