Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250397 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7230 on: November 25, 2008, 03:20:51 PM »
I hate working with fiber glass
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7231 on: November 25, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »
Firefox has been pissing me off lately.  From time to time, it will get stuck at 99-100% CPU usage and slow everything to a crawl until I exit and restart it, so I tried disabling java and java script in the preferences, but that broke some fairly crucial features on websites.  At least I've reduced the amount of RAM it inhales; it used to sit at about 300,000K most of the time, and I got it down to a mere 150,000K by disabling everything except adblock and flashblock and fiddling with some obscure setting in about:config.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7232 on: November 26, 2008, 12:03:12 AM »
My firefox has been doing that too.  :grrr: The only solution I've found is what you said - closing out and restarting it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7233 on: November 26, 2008, 12:31:20 AM »
heavy duty vocabulary and convoluted commentary ???
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7234 on: November 26, 2008, 01:07:09 AM »
My firefox has been doing that too.  :grrr: The only solution I've found is what you said - closing out and restarting it.

My solution is having 4GB of ram  :green:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7235 on: November 26, 2008, 01:51:21 AM »
Firefox has been pissing me off lately.  From time to time, it will get stuck at 99-100% CPU usage and slow everything to a crawl until I exit and restart it, so I tried disabling java and java script in the preferences, but that broke some fairly crucial features on websites.  At least I've reduced the amount of RAM it inhales; it used to sit at about 300,000K most of the time, and I got it down to a mere 150,000K by disabling everything except adblock and flashblock and fiddling with some obscure setting in about:config.

What's your Firefox version?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7236 on: November 26, 2008, 03:03:47 AM »
heavy duty vocabulary and convoluted commentary ???

???

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7237 on: November 26, 2008, 06:38:26 AM »
New York it is.

Someone tell jman i'm moving in.

Should we also tell him about your new sexual appetite, or do you want that to be a surprise?

No I don't think thats nessacery.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7238 on: November 26, 2008, 07:03:08 AM »

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7239 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »

I'd suggest you to upgrade to the latest 3.0 version. 3.0 is considerably easier on computer resources.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #7240 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »
Though it doesn't match good with Tor.  :autism:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7241 on: November 26, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »

I'd suggest you to upgrade to the latest 3.0 version. 3.0 is considerably easier on computer resources.

3.0.4 is the current non beta version

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7242 on: November 26, 2008, 10:31:08 AM »
I've upgraded.  Currently, it's at 114MB with 21 tabs open and single-figure, intermittent CPU usage.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7243 on: November 26, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
Let the stress begin.

I fucking HATE holidays. :tantrum:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster