Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249906 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7170 on: November 12, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
I can't find my sunglasses. I had them last night when I was driving, but when I got home and packed the final load of my Mom's stuff into my garage, I think I set them down somewhere and must have buried them. Fuck! I don't go anywhere without them. Driving to work sucked. Being at work sucks. Everything sucks when it is too bright.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7171 on: November 12, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »
Why am I in the dog house, I didn't even do anything.

Hey, ya jus' gotta make your house cool, the way you wan' it, dawg.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7172 on: November 12, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »
AOL SUCKS! :finger:

I just tried to cancel my Mother's account, seeing as how she passed away over two weeks ago, and they wouldn't let me. I'm not authorized on the account. WTF? So are they going to keep charging her $17.95/month for eternity? I FUCKING HATE AOL!!!!!!!!
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7173 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »
Why can Doctors charge $25 dollar if you can't make the appointment but call but when they want they can cancel you at a moments notice
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7174 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:54 PM »
I'm tired and need to go to bed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7175 on: November 12, 2008, 10:52:15 PM »

I just tried to cancel my Mother's account, seeing as how she passed away over two weeks ago, and they wouldn't let me. I'm not authorized on the account. WTF? So are they going to keep charging her $17.95/month for eternity? I FUCKING HATE AOL!!!!!!!!

I've heard this kind of story about AOL in the past. When they would not delete my account, many years ago, I just canceled the credit card I had used to set up the account. After about eight months, they stopped billing me and sending nasty emails.

I think part of the problem is that the typical "worker bee" AOL telephone customer service person has a job that is generally geared more towards diffusing customer complaints and may not be allowed to delete accounts, under any circumstances, and most likely these low level employees have to follow a sales script, offering free service for a period, discounted rates, etc.  to satisfy a disgruntled customer, but by NO means allow the customer to quit the account (that's the way many telemarketing jobs are and that's really all the 800 number answering staff is). Nothing you can say will get them to STOP with the script for fear of being fired.

Getting past this first level of 'phone drone may be the only way to get anything done. Try asking for a shift manager and tell them you will need to contact their legal department. Obviously, you do have a legal issue where the ethics of their continued billing of a deceased person is in question, so be forceful. What ever you do, don't use her account or even her AOL email address at all.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7176 on: November 12, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »

I've heard this kind of story about AOL in the past. When they would not delete my account, many years ago, I just canceled the credit card I had used to set up the account. After about eight months, they stopped billing me and sending nasty emails.

I think part of the problem is that the typical "worker bee" AOL telephone customer service person has a job that is generally geared more towards diffusing customer complaints and may not be allowed to delete accounts, under any circumstances, and most likely these low level employees have to follow a sales script, offering free service for a period, discounted rates, etc.  to satisfy a disgruntled customer, but by NO means allow the customer to quit the account (that's the way many telemarketing jobs are and that's really all the 800 number answering staff is). Nothing you can say will get them to STOP with the script for fear of being fired.

Getting past this first level of 'phone drone may be the only way to get anything done. Try asking for a shift manager and tell them you will need to contact their legal department. Obviously, you do have a legal issue where the ethics of their continued billing of a deceased person is in question, so be forceful. What ever you do, don't use her account or even her AOL email address at all.

I tried to cancel my Wife's AOL account a couplle of years ago and when they refused, I cancelled the credit card account. When I was issued a new account, AOL found it and started billing that account without my authorization. I complained to AOL and they said I had to provide a cancellation confirmation number in order to get reimbursed. To which I said I never gave them that credit card to charge, so they had no right. I also bitched out Citibank for the charges. They claimed they would reimburse me, but when they didn't, I closed all of my accounts with them.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7177 on: November 13, 2008, 05:32:22 AM »
Wow, that does suck.

I did not have any trouble convincing any of the people I called on my mother's behalf after she died to cancel her accounts, but she did not have AOL.

My in-laws do have AOL, so if DirtDawg's suggestion of asking for the call center person's manager and AOL's legal department works, or if you figure out another way, would you please let me know what works?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7178 on: November 14, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »
Hose clogs fucked up my whole day so I have to work tommrow

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7179 on: November 15, 2008, 04:44:52 PM »
Stupid fucking SMF software refuses to upgrade.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #7180 on: November 16, 2008, 05:31:37 AM »

I had that problem. Download the patch from the SMF forum and upload it manually - it should work then. :smash:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7181 on: November 16, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »

I had that problem. Download the patch from the SMF forum and upload it manually - it should work then. :smash:

Tried that--the board says the file is corrupted. :smash:

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #7182 on: November 16, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »
Try this one, unless you already have. should upload and run fine. (fingers crossed)

http://spudboy.duncsdrivel.biz/smf_patch_1.0.15-1.1.7.zip

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7183 on: November 16, 2008, 03:58:19 PM »
:woohoo:

It worked like a charm! Thanks! :plus:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7184 on: November 16, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »
My dogs are freaked out by something and are overly clingy

George Bernard Shaw