Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251813 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7035 on: October 23, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
Another month has passed and still no "relations"! I even bought a six-month supply of feminine products yesterday. :'(

When is the last time you two got a babysitter and went out together?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7036 on: October 24, 2008, 02:20:17 AM »
yeah - i was only half-joking, and what you said was exactly what i would've meant if i'd intended being completely serious.

er...

can i make that any more convoluted?  :laugh:

It's not convoluted at all. I, however, am way too serious for my own good.  :P

i thought you'd get it.   :green:

and i think you've lightened up, as the saying goes, as in your posts have a more lighthearted feel sometimes, although i probably couldn't point out any in particular.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7037 on: October 24, 2008, 05:50:31 AM »
Fucking hell. 6yo decides to escape the back yard quietly and piss off on some sort of adventure. Cops bring him back (we didn't even know he had gone, must of be less than 30mins prior that we last checked on him) and tell us because this is the second time that its happened in 1 week that they are going to call government human services on us because we aren't looking after our kid. Damn, he hasn't regularly been an escape artist for about a year and now he starts up again and we get shit for it. He is the second escape artist child we have had and they are very stressful to deal with. Now we have to go through all this bullshit of jumping through hoops to satisfy the DHS.

FUCK!.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7038 on: October 24, 2008, 06:42:40 AM »
Fucking hell. 6yo decides to escape the back yard quietly and piss off on some sort of adventure. Cops bring him back (we didn't even know he had gone, must of be less than 30mins prior that we last checked on him) and tell us because this is the second time that its happened in 1 week that they are going to call government human services on us because we aren't looking after our kid. Damn, he hasn't regularly been an escape artist for about a year and now he starts up again and we get shit for it. He is the second escape artist child we have had and they are very stressful to deal with. Now we have to go through all this bullshit of jumping through hoops to satisfy the DHS.

FUCK!.

Time to invest in some decent fencing and locks?  Our back garden has a high wall and larchlap fencing around most of it, but some of it is bounded by rusting iron railings and a hedge, so we secured it with chicken wire to stop Waggy from slipping through the bars.  It also keeps foxes from coming in and shitting around the place, which is nice, since Waggy rolls in their crap at every opportunity and it has a particularly offensive stink as shit goes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7039 on: October 24, 2008, 06:59:24 AM »
Sick :(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7040 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:24 AM »
Another month has passed and still no "relations"! I even bought a six-month supply of feminine products yesterday. :'(

When is the last time you two got a babysitter and went out together?

Hmmm...11 June 2008 we went to see R.E.M. at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. Her Mom came up and babysat. My wife won't let anyone else but her family babysit for an extended period of time. Not even my Mom and/or Sister. So that was the last time we had a night out, if you will. Prior to that was 28 December 2005, when I happened to be working over the Holiday Break in the same town as my in-laws live in. So I stayed in a hotel all week, and one night she stayed over while the kids slept at her parent's house. That was the night our third kid was conceived. Also the last time we did it, as far as I can remember. Oh well! :-[
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7041 on: October 24, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »
Argh, milliinches!

The formula for determining capacitance is:   C=(0.224KA/d)(n-1)

Where C is the capacitance in picofarads, K is a constant that depends on the insulator (or dielectric) between the plates (called the dielectric constant), A is the area of one conductive plate in square inches, d is the separation between adjacent plates in inches, and n is the number of plates. As you may know, different insulators have different dielectric constants. Table 1 shows the values of K for some common materials and the peak voltage they can withstand per 1/1000th inch (called a mil) of thickness. This rating is called the puncture or breakdown voltage.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7042 on: October 24, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »

The only need to fear inches is if someone tells you that they add up to make feet or yards. Otherwise, they're not that cumbersome, especially for fractional inch measurements.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:54:55 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #7043 on: October 25, 2008, 04:04:49 AM »
Oh God, the whining!  :hair:

our daughter is driving the rest of the household insane because nobody wants to play.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7044 on: October 25, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »

The only need to fear inches is if someone tells you that they add up to make feet or yards. Otherwise, they're not that cumbersome, especially for fractional inch measurements.

Yeah, it could be worse, but SI units make everything that little bit simpler.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7045 on: October 25, 2008, 07:40:43 AM »
I have some very visible electrode burns on my forehead, and they look like they might take a while to heal.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7046 on: October 25, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »

Only if you plan to measure the distance to the sun, the drive to work.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7047 on: October 25, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »

Only if you plan to measure the distance to the sun, the drive to work.

Or determine the height an object can be raised by the potential energy of the capacitor.  Newtons, metres, kilograms and joules are easier to work with than pound-force, inches, pounds and calories.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7048 on: October 25, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »
It's what you're used to that makes it easier.
Either one works.

I'm not really dis agreeing with you, because I have been forced to learn both systems. One is familiar, the other is less so.

When I first designed my "ultimate" hornloaded low frequency system for use in sound re-enforcement I used inches, but my third prototype was done in metric, mainly because the hyperbolic progressions I used were easier to set up for cuts on a table saw.

I may have just won your agument forr you.

OH, BTW,  (see earlier posting)  I still want my thousand degree circle!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:23:44 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7049 on: October 25, 2008, 02:11:24 PM »
Oh God, the whining!  :hair:

our daughter is driving the rest of the household insane because nobody wants to play.  :zombiefuck:

tell her there are buses available.  ;)