Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 252014 times)

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6975 on: October 16, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
Not really a bitch ('cause I'm not too bothered) but we had a budget yesterday and here are some of the changes if anyone's curious:

Everyone, no matter how much they earn, will now be charged an 'income tax levy' of 1%. If you earn over €100,000 a year, you will be charged 2% on the balance of your income over €100,000.

If you are a first time home buyer, you will get tax relief of 25%, instead of 20%. The relief for non first time buyers is being reduced, however.

Motor tax rates are being increased by between 4% and 5%.

18-year-olds will no longer be entitled to the Child Benefit from January 2010. From January 2009 their payment will be halved, to €83 a month.

Early Childcare Supplement will now cease at five-and-a-half years of age.

Over 70s will no longer automatically be entitled to a medical card if they are above the eligibility criteria. The Minister said an annual cash grant of €400 would be paid to those over 70 who do not qualify for a medical card or a GP visit card, subject to an income threshold.

Old age pensions are up by €7 a week, while other benefits rise by smaller levels.

The tax on a litre of petrol has been raised eight cent - a significant increase, though the cost of oil has been dropping.

If you drink beer or cider, the tax won't change, but the standard wine bottle will now cost 50 cent more.

The Minister is planning to lower tax on low alcohol beer and cider to encourage people to drink less.

If you are a smoker, plan to pay 50 cent more for a 20-pack of cigarettes. (Brings a 20-pack to €8 =10.70 in dollars or 6.20 in pounds)

For anyone flying out of an Irish airport, expect to pay a €10 travel tax

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #6976 on: October 16, 2008, 10:40:40 AM »
To the two bungholes at Target last night who were laughing maniacally as they approached me, but suddenly got quiet and were whispering when they got about eight feet away and as they passed me. Dumbfucks! I could hear what you were saying.  :finger: No... :fingers:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what were they saying then?

They were making fun of my red socks, which I wear this time of year as a Red Sox fan, by saying I looked like an idiot and was a moron.

Who the fuck cares? I mean really! Both of these guys for fat, shittily dressed, fucktards. But did I waste my breathe telling them this? :o
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6977 on: October 16, 2008, 10:51:51 AM »
To the two bungholes at Target last night who were laughing maniacally as they approached me, but suddenly got quiet and were whispering when they got about eight feet away and as they passed me. Dumbfucks! I could hear what you were saying.  :finger: No... :fingers:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were making fun of my red socks, which I wear this time of year as a Red Sox fan, by saying I looked like an idiot and was a moron.

Who the fuck cares? I mean really! Both of these guys for fat, shittily dressed, fucktards. But did I waste my breathe telling them this? :o

Yeah, lots of people stare at me when I wear my Black Jedi Cloak in public, sometime they whisper to each other and shit.

But I kind of expect that  :green:

:vader:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6978 on: October 16, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »

Just had to endure another patronizing telephone call about my daughter's behavior.
We fucking go through this shit every year with every knew teacherr! We tell them what to expect and try to help them deal with some of the worst, but they blow us offf and pat us on the head and tell us that they know what they are doing and we have nothing to worrry about and we should not think that this year willl be the same as last year and she is soooo cute and soooo bright ... FUCK!!

She breached the subject of her autism a bit and asked what we are doing to help her. I nearly lost my cool.

It fucking pisses me off that even I know more than those who (I am paying) are charged with helping us while they continue to try and tell me that I do not know what the fuck I am talking about. It makes me want to rip their fuckking heads off, line them up on the porch and plant marigolds in them. I need some head, sure, but it would help a litttle if I at least knew my marigolds were getting some.
Bastards!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6979 on: October 16, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
Kill them. Kill them all. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6980 on: October 16, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »

Just had to endure another patronizing telephone call about my daughter's behavior.
We fucking go through this shit every year with every knew teacherr! We tell them what to expect and try to help them deal with some of the worst, but they blow us offf and pat us on the head and tell us that they know what they are doing and we have nothing to worrry about and we should not think that this year willl be the same as last year and she is soooo cute and soooo bright ... FUCK!!

She breached the subject of her autism a bit and asked what we are doing to help her. I nearly lost my cool.

It fucking pisses me off that even I know more than those who (I am paying) are charged with helping us while they continue to try and tell me that I do not know what the fuck I am talking about. It makes me want to rip their fuckking heads off, line them up on the porch and plant marigolds in them. I need some head, sure, but it would help a litttle if I at least knew my marigolds were getting some.
Bastards!

Sorry to hear it but just so you know you are not the only one to get that yearly call
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6981 on: October 16, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »
Aye. We get plenty of them, from people who supposedly know all about ASDs. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #6982 on: October 16, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »
Same here. The most frustrating part is when you try to forewarn them of what to expect and make suggestions beforehand, and then later they say 'oh we might have to try *what you suggested months ago* - or worse, 'what do you think we should do?' :hair:

getting it at two schools at the moment. pass the ibuprofen.  :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6983 on: October 16, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

ibuprofen, H E double hockey sticks ...

I'm looking at the tequila.

It always has gotten to me, but this call today was the most meaningless and degrading i've had to take. Then, the main teacher passing me off to the one I thought had our interests at heart and her giving me me some new line of "balance sheet crap"  about taking resources from one place to apply to another will be a "tough decision" as we "go forward!"

I'm a constipated puke factory right now

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6984 on: October 16, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
My younger son broke his brothers thumb in their little scuffle last night opening the possibility of many doctor appointments depending on what the orthopedist says 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6985 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »
ibuprofen, H E double hockey sticks ...

I'm looking at the tequila.

It always has gotten to me, but this call today was the most meaningless and degrading i've had to take. Then, the main teacher passing me off to the one I thought had our interests at heart and her giving me me some new line of "balance sheet crap"  about taking resources from one place to apply to another will be a "tough decision" as we "go forward!"

I'm a constipated puke factory right now

I truly hope you work this out for the benefit of your daughter.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6986 on: October 17, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »

Yeah, lots of people stare at me when I wear my Black Jedi Cloak in public, sometime they whisper to each other and shit.

But I kind of expect that  :green:

:vader:

I'm not taking off my red socks until the Red Sox are done!

PS I have been known to wear Dark Jedi outfits, sometimes including a cloak, in public and get sneers from adults and cheers from kids. Every time I walk through an automatic door, I wave my hand to use the Force. My son and I go out together wearing lightsabers on our belts all the time. You never know when your services will be needed.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6987 on: October 17, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »
I've been fucking pranked! Asswipe sum bidges!

Three times in the past hour, a pizza delivery driver has shown up at my door with buttloads of pizza (sixty to ninety something dollars).

The last one of them was hawt as hell. Heavy by hollywood standards, but pretty enough to show Mama! (as opposed to showing Daddy, who knows boys, well) WoW.

I wouldn't let her go, so I could keep watching her move.

:hide:

Wondering who the fuck did this!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6988 on: October 17, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
AHW shit - ten more posts and I have to quit for a bit.

(nupe, nine now. Won't be kind to this number. I want it.)

It won't sneak up on me though. It will be pretty.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:25:43 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6989 on: October 17, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »
New fridge today.

Old one had just turned 26, still worked, froze the milk on occasion, rusting away, noisy as holy hell.

I miss it already.  :(  Too quiet around here now.