Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250471 times)

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6900 on: October 06, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »
Asda are now charging for plastic bags. The wankers.  :wanker:
Most people have proper things to bitch about, I guess I am lucky.  :laugh:
batcat

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6901 on: October 06, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »

<unrelated>

I sometimes hate Adobe!

Where's the fuck off option?

I think you need to hack the registry to get rid of that. I *think* there is a tool to change the registry from a GUI (Revo Unistaller or CCleaner, maybe?) but I can't remember which one.

I've seen a GUI fix for Norton, but it was specific versions for certain products.
When I had Photoshop and Illustrator in this machine, I found the values TEH hard way once, but that was a couple of years ago and I did a good bit of searching online to find what some of the fifty something character switch names meant. It took me a while.
My first attempt was foiled, because I thought that eliminating the update value was enough, but as soon as I got back on the net, the whole stream was restored, and the timetable started all over again.
Adobe is a fucking trojan horse! They think a EULA gives them master keys to all the doors inside my computer.
I love Photoshop, so I never really gave a shit until I started at BB (who owns something like four hundred thousand licenses for the Adobe custom crap we use) and discovered what a pile of garbage they sold us.
 :grrr:

Since I re-installed Windows, mid-summer, the only Adobe products I have are Acrobat Reader and a Firefox flash viewer plug-in, unless Adobe has merged with another company I don't know about, yet. This was the reader holding me hostage, I'm positive. At least I kept the info with regard to Photoshop and Illustrator, but I will be starting almost from scratch on the pdf reader.

Sorry for the rant. I'll dig through the registry the hard way, again, if I can't find the info online somewhere.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6902 on: October 06, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »
Hit my left thumb with a hammer 4 times today at work :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6903 on: October 06, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »

Shit!

Sounds like you need a new hammer.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6904 on: October 06, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »

Shit!

Sounds like you need a new hammer.

Maybe a new thumb :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6905 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:39 AM »
I've picked up some kind of bug.
I've been on several university websites in the last few days and that's the only thing other than my normal Isquared, music, Drivel, Damned browsing habits.

Spybot, AVG and webroot can not find it.

I'm fucking pissed!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6906 on: October 10, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »
Zlod!!

FUCK!!

I thought this old piece of shit was handled by ALL of them.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #6907 on: October 10, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »
The same two bastards came by my house tonight at 1940. We had just put the baby down and were tucking in the other two when the doorbell rang. My wife and I both were like, "Who the hell could that be? I'm not answering the door at this hour!" So we continued with our parental duties and hear the storm door open and then a knock on the front door. So my wife asks me if I had an altercation with someone on the way home from work, since I have been known to have meltdowns when people attack me for just going about my business. I said, "Not that I am aware of!" Many times I have no clue who the person is and why they are confronting me. So she goes to look out the window and sees two young guys in white collared shirts, black slacks, and ties standing behind my car, bending over to read my bumper stickers. Then she said one of them looked back at the house just before reaching down to my bumper as if he was going to try and remove some of my bumper stickers. So I rushed down stairs and opened the door in a way that would get my point across. They both stand back up and start walking out of my driveway. I said, "Do I need to call the cops to have you arrested for vandalizing my car and trespassing?" They started to jabber, but I just slammed the door at 'em.

For context:

Quote from: Trigger11
Today I had a couple of young men come to my door wanting to discuss scripture with me. Usually I tell such folks to go f**k themsleves. Today I simply said, "That would not be a good idea" and closed the door as they tried to start in on their sales pitch. I had noticed them earlier in my driveway reading my bumper stickers, which make it clear I have no interest in hearing such idiotic psychobabble. Plus, my neighborhood has a legally binding no solicitation policy. Next time maybe I'll have the police arrest them.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #6908 on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
The same two bastards came by my house tonight at 1940. We had just put the baby down and were tucking in the other two when the doorbell rang. My wife and I both were like, "Who the hell could that be? I'm not answering the door at this hour!" So we continued with our parental duties and hear the storm door open and then a knock on the front door. So my wife asks me if I had an altercation with someone on the way home from work, since I have been known to have meltdowns when people attack me for just going about my business. I said, "Not that I am aware of!" Many times I have no clue who the person is and why they are confronting me. So she goes to look out the window and sees two young guys in white collared shirts, black slacks, and ties standing behind my car, bending over to read my bumper stickers. Then she said one of them looked back at the house just before reaching down to my bumper as if he was going to try and remove some of my bumper stickers. So I rushed down stairs and opened the door in a way that would get my point across. They both stand back up and start walking out of my driveway. I said, "Do I need to call the cops to have you arrested for vandalizing my car and trespassing?" They started to jabber, but I just slammed the door at 'em.

For context:

Quote from: Trigger11
Today I had a couple of young men come to my door wanting to discuss scripture with me. Usually I tell such folks to go f**k themsleves. Today I simply said, "That would not be a good idea" and closed the door as they tried to start in on their sales pitch. I had noticed them earlier in my driveway reading my bumper stickers, which make it clear I have no interest in hearing such idiotic psychobabble. Plus, my neighborhood has a legally binding no solicitation policy. Next time maybe I'll have the police arrest them.

Invite them in for a chat, a cuppa and a nibble on your LSD-laced muffins.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6909 on: October 10, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
better still, encourage them to read your bumper stickers, and then reverse over them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6910 on: October 10, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »
Zlod!!

FUCK!!

http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-trojan-zlod-worm-w32
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6911 on: October 10, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
Zlod!!

FUCK!!

http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-trojan-zlod-worm-w32

Thanks. I got all, I think. I had re-booted about five times by noon my time, to make sure and just to be sure.

The box seems fine now.

:headbang2:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #6912 on: October 10, 2008, 03:50:53 PM »
better still, encourage them to read your bumper stickers, and then reverse over them.
Or, do what my grandfather used to do, strip naked, answer the door, bible in hand and shout, "Welcome brothers!".

Yes, crazy does run in my family.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6913 on: October 10, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
People :thumbdn:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6914 on: October 10, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
Or, do what my grandfather used to do, strip naked, answer the door, bible in hand and shout, "Welcome brothers!".

Yes, crazy does run in my family.
:rofl:

:plus: