Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249608 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6870 on: October 05, 2008, 06:30:20 AM »
Good luck. I hated giving speeches in class. Practice on GA or somebody first.  :)
Yes, that is a good idea. He said he can't promise to pay attention, he is not a big fan of speeches.

Teachers have told us that we have to give a lot more speeches, this is only the start. Noooooo!
Good advice! (even hadron's basis)
I managed speeches fairly well, after some practice in getting the inflections right for the point of the speech. My inflections can be the rule, but sometimes I don't see what I'm saying at first. I need to have a speech critiqued, if possible.

If he won't listen and tell you what to change then try a classmate, first.

Announcements on the other hand are SOOO my game. Voice of GOD type thing, maybe. I always kept a live performance microphone at my mixing desk, so when some random person came up to ask me to have an announcement made, I BECAME GAWD.

Remember, Renaeden, when YOU have the floor, they are not real people, they are mice (or if you're afraid of mice then they are ants - HELL if you're afraid of ants, then you can fly and they can't. They are at YOUR limited mercy, make them know this with your presentation. Recover later.)
Thanks all. I did well. I made my classmates want to cry, seriously.

Made my speech into how I will sustain myself as a student as I did not in the past (sustainability as a student was the subject). Said that I actually wanted to come to class now and am not afraid to speak up and know I will not be teased and laughed at (because that is what used to happen in high school). Then I went on to say how I would like the future to be, etc.

It was completely different to the other speeches (some of them were awesome), so that probably helped. Only downside was my monotonous way of speaking (written in my feedback form) but I already know about that. :P

Surprised at the reaction and surprised at the feedback (really good) Never gotten comments about my work like that before.  :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6871 on: October 05, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
I went to the beach today, which is about 30 minutes away by car, and I needed to pee by the time I'd arrived, but there weren't any toilets and it was too busy and exposed to urinate in public, so I had to hold it in until I got home.  I hate that there's such a lack of public toilets and a public urination taboo; I eat a lot of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water, so I urinate quite frequently, and it makes outings stressful and unenjoyable when I'm constantly struggling with a full bladder.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6872 on: October 05, 2008, 10:04:57 AM »
I went to the beach today, which is about 30 minutes away by car, and I needed to pee by the time I'd arrived, but there weren't any toilets and it was too busy and exposed to urinate in public, so I had to hold it in until I got home.  I hate that there's such a lack of public toilets and a public urination taboo; I eat a lot of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water, so I urinate quite frequently, and it makes outings stressful and unenjoyable when I'm constantly struggling with a full bladder.

I feel for that situation, Peter.  How long were you at the beach?

I watch children while riding a bus for hours and hours every day, so I always go to the bathroom at both ends of the rides and try not to drink much before and during the rides.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6873 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
Thanks all. I did well. I made my classmates want to cry, seriously.

Made my speech into how I will sustain myself as a student as I did not in the past (sustainability as a student was the subject). Said that I actually wanted to come to class now and am not afraid to speak up and know I will not be teased and laughed at (because that is what used to happen in high school). Then I went on to say how I would like the future to be, etc.

It was completely different to the other speeches (some of them were awesome), so that probably helped. Only downside was my monotonous way of speaking (written in my feedback form) but I already know about that. :P

Surprised at the reaction and surprised at the feedback (really good) Never gotten comments about my work like that before.  :)

Sounds like your speech was even better than you expected for it to be.

:clap:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6874 on: October 05, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »

I feel for that situation, Peter.  How long were you at the beach?

I watch children while riding a bus for hours and hours every day, so I always go to the bathroom at both ends of the rides and try not to drink much before and during the rides.

We were there for about 2 hours.  When I go out, I often have to choose between having a full bladder or being uncomfortably dehydrated.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6875 on: October 05, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
We were there for about 2 hours.  When I go out, I often have to choose between having a full bladder or being uncomfortably dehydrated.

Yes, that is the choice that I have to make, too. 

I bring a water bottle with me on the bus, but I can't drink much at all or I will be miserable, like you were for two-and-a-half hours until you finally got home. 

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6876 on: October 05, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
Thanks all. I did well. I made my classmates want to cry, seriously. <snip>

yay!  go renaeden - i knew you'd be brilliant!  :clap:

:plus:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6877 on: October 05, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
Fuck the taboo. Find the nearest corner and pee.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6878 on: October 05, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »

In a rare occurrence, we agree ...

(I, too, drink a couple of gallons of water daily or more - BTDT, left my scent)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6879 on: October 05, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

It's not so easy for women to do that.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6880 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »

Since when has Peter been female?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6881 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »

In a rare occurrence, we agree ...

(I, too, drink a couple of gallons of water daily or more - BTDT, left my scent)
Dry mouth? I seem to get it, which reminds me I need to go and see the doctor, yet again.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6882 on: October 05, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
Nope, more of a body-demand than a mouth thirst, actually.
I've always drunk four or five times what others drink. Part of me, it is. I only drink extremely pure, prepared water or distilled water (since my twenties) in quantity, so don't worry. I won't have kidney stones like nearly a fifth of the population of the Ohio River watershed. I never drink the tap water.

Don't get me wrong, I can't drink alcohol, much.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6883 on: October 05, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

Sure it is. Just remember - aim low.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6884 on: October 05, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »
Nope, more of a body-demand than a mouth thirst, actually.
I've always drunk four or five times what others drink. Part of me, it is. I only drink extremely pure, prepared water or distilled water (since my twenties) in quantity, so don't worry. I won't have kidney stones like nearly a fifth of the population of the Ohio River watershed. I never drink the tap water.

Don't get me wrong, I can't drink alcohol, much.
You can die from drinking too much water.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jun/04/women.familyandrelationships
Two years ago, Susie's obsession with drinking water triggered a heart attack, and she died at the age of 49.