Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250430 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6795 on: September 22, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »

That sucks, Ozy!

Have you tried to talk to them to find out if it was a mistake? I have never posted there or even read there, so I don't know if they are capable of this kind of malice. If they ARE, then you/I/we/us'ens are far better off without them.

Thanks Dawg.  I just heard from somebody on another forum.  That apparently they have a new rule that no more "Goodbye" threads will be allowed due to too much drama.  So my thread was deleted to prevent "drama".   ::) 

Anywho, I am done with that place, I cleaned out my profile and related info.  Deleted AFF from my favorites and moving on.   There's a lot of truth in the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished."

C'est La Vie!

I know that they don't like links to other sites, so I wonder if that was really the real reason, Ozymandias.  Kind of ironic that we have a link to them in our ASD sites links, isn't it?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6796 on: September 22, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
Not allowing the goodbye threads to avoid drama creates more drama than it avoids, IMHO.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6797 on: September 22, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »
Thanks, though in hindsight, I should have seen it coming.  After the last couple of shutdowns, I saw my post count go from 770+ to 600+.   And this is a trivial bitch, but, a few years ago I started a "word association game" that was quite popular and grew fast.  Gareth locked it and then locked another one started by another member to keep it going.  Reason, the "word Association" game was taking too much space on their computer.  BUT, in my final look thru today, there was a "word Association" game going along.   ::)   :violin:  And it appeared to be as big if not bigger than the one I and the other person started.   :violin:  Yeah, trivial I know!   :P

So lost posts, lost threads, lost trust.   ADIOS AFF!   :-*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6798 on: September 22, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »
Good riddance, I say. They're not worth your time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6799 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

That sucks, Ozy!

Have you tried to talk to them to find out if it was a mistake? I have never posted there or even read there, so I don't know if they are capable of this kind of malice. If they ARE, then you/I/we/us'ens are far better off without them.

Thanks Dawg.  I just heard from somebody on another forum.  That apparently they have a new rule that no more "Goodbye" threads will be allowed due to too much drama.  So my thread was deleted to prevent "drama".   ::) 

Anywho, I am done with that place, I cleaned out my profile and related info.  Deleted AFF from my favorites and moving on.   There's a lot of truth in the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished."

C'est La Vie!

I know that they don't like links to other sites, so I wonder if that was really the real reason, Ozymandias.  Kind of ironic that we have a link to them in our ASD sites links, isn't it?

No they don't, in fact when HomeBakedDeb started her own site, they came after her like she was the biggest traitor in all the world.  It was disgusting to watch, but, she was dying of cancer at the time and died soon after.  

Anyway, if things continue as they have been doing in the last couple of years, shutdowns, flame wars, mass bannings and such, I don't predict a happy ending for that place.   ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6800 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »
Good riddance, I say. They're not worth your time.

:indeed:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #6801 on: September 22, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
Double  :indeed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6802 on: September 22, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »

When I see a number that reads the same forwards and backwards, backwards and forwards, forwards and backwards, etc. I get stumped. When I read, I read every word from both directions to find the order of the letters, and yet with this successful work-around I am not diagnosable as dyslexic. :D
 I have had to be bumped to respond to people talking to me at work when I encounter this in an SKU number or a UPC number in a product with which I am working, with which I am working. I usually freeze up, until I can get to some meaning from it. I got past this one OK, even laughed at it.

:asthing:

Done bitchin'

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6803 on: September 22, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »
I do that too, Dawg. It's fun. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6804 on: September 22, 2008, 02:47:45 PM »
I do that too, Dawg. It's fun. ;D

Funny thing is that, during our meetings at work they often hand someone something at random to read about the previous day to "involve the whole group" in the meeting.
I have been told that I read like a news reporter working against the clock, because I can sight-read with extreme expression faster and more accurately than any normal human being.

When I do that, though, I can never remember what I have read, because it is a different process or something than reading for information.

:D

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6805 on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
Thanks, though in hindsight, I should have seen it coming.  After the last couple of shutdowns, I saw my post count go from 770+ to 600+.   And this is a trivial bitch, but, a few years ago I started a "word association game" that was quite popular and grew fast.  Gareth locked it and then locked another one started by another member to keep it going.  Reason, the "word Association" game was taking too much space on their computer.   BUT, in my final look thru today, there was a "word Association" game going along.   ::)   :violin:  And it appeared to be as big if not bigger than the one I and the other person started.   :violin:  Yeah, trivial I know!   :P

So lost posts, lost threads, lost trust.   ADIOS AFF!   :-*

I think that you did the right thing here, Ozymandias.

I remember them locking your word association thread and that was the beginning of the end of posting on AFF for me, because that really ticked me off. 

I know that it's their site and to post there one has to play by their rules, but those rules were too restrictive for me and it also seemed like the rules changed with their whims. 

The few times I posted, I was always afraid of somehow saying the wrong thing and setting Amy or Gareth off.  I don't know how you stood it for as long as you did, to be honest.

I go there sometimes to follow a link someone posts or to research something, but I have not posted there in quite a while.

ozymandias

« Reply #6806 on: September 23, 2008, 06:16:01 AM »
WEll, there was a long stretch that I was not there.  In fact, I was never a major player on that site.  AI was the primary, then Fractalus etal.  I just outgrew the need for certain forums. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6807 on: September 23, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
My eyes are very itchy and irritated.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6808 on: September 23, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
My eyes are very itchy and irritated.

eyebright solution/tea.  failing that, witchhazel, although you'll need to dilute it a bit.

:hug:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6809 on: September 23, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »
I'll see what I have in the household. :hug:

- Albert Einstein