Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250080 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6705 on: September 12, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »
i feel your pain...

just one word:  asboids!   :grrr:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6706 on: September 12, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »

My free AVG (anti-virus) updates everyday, but lately, the updates require a restart of the computer for them to take effect. If I tell it to wait, then the software pouts and shuts down. I then run without a cyber-condom, until I re-start.

No big deal to re-start, but I hate being in the middle of a six or eight hour fractal render when it comes up.

:grrr:

Try shutting down your email client (and possibly other communications software) while updating. I think there's a shared DLL that is bothering you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6707 on: September 12, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »
I hate restarting my computer, because sometimes it doesn't start properly and something steals focus from the Taskbar, so no more what I try I can't click anything on the Taskbar. Just a stupid "dunt" noise. I can click on the Start Button though... Fat lot of good that does me I rarely use it. Or the Desktop. My Taskbar is my control centre.

But there is nothing wrong with Vista, right?  ;)

:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6708 on: September 12, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
There's a car alarm outside that's bugging me.  I can never open my windows on a nice day and air the place out without having to put up with car alarms, lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, hammering and a constant stream of traffic that's all of 10 metres from where I sit.  The whole house shakes whenever heavy vehicles pass by too, which is quite frequently.

Try living next to a railway.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6709 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:58 PM »
There's a car alarm outside that's bugging me.  I can never open my windows on a nice day and air the place out without having to put up with car alarms, lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, hammering and a constant stream of traffic that's all of 10 metres from where I sit.  The whole house shakes whenever heavy vehicles pass by too, which is quite frequently.

How frequent are the trains?  The cars are passing at a rate of about 1 every 10 seconds at the moment, and this is at 20:30.  At busy times of the day, there's a more or less constant stream of them, punctuated by the occassional bus or truck.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6710 on: September 12, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »

How frequent are the trains?  The cars are passing at a rate of about 1 every 10 seconds at the moment, and this is at 20:30.  At busy times of the day, there's a more or less constant stream of them, punctuated by the occassional bus or truck.

There's one every ten or fifteen minutes. The worst are the heavy ones that pass some time after midnight.

But I guess you get used to almost everything. There are compensations.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6711 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »

There's one every ten or fifteen minutes. The worst are the heavy ones that pass some time after midnight.

But I guess you get used to almost everything. There are compensations.

Outside here there is the constant hiss of traffic in the distance the railway is about a mile away but I hear that too.  Pile on top of that a airport and a helicopter factory within 5 miles it can get down right noisy outside
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6712 on: September 12, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »
Damn it! One of the kids at 1:45am decided to go to the toilet and throw up from both ends but somehow managed to get none in the actual toilet.

So guess who had to clean it up...

There is never enough mind bleach.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #6713 on: September 13, 2008, 02:11:18 AM »
Damn it! One of the kids at 1:45am decided to go to the toilet and throw up from both ends but somehow managed to get none in the actual toilet.

Next time throw it in the bath with some Bon Ami and leave it to soak.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6714 on: September 13, 2008, 02:20:00 AM »

Next time throw it in the bath with some Bon Ami and leave it to soak.

I think I'll read that as "get in the bath with a bong and a vodka and just soak"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6715 on: September 13, 2008, 02:51:19 AM »

That reminds me of the time my daughter threw up something that looked like red Powerade on the carpet in the living room and then all the way up the stairs while she was trying to get to the bathroom.

That was gross to clean up too.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #6716 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »
Yuck! Bet it was red cordial or something. That stuff would be hard to get out, especially if it were shag pile......

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6717 on: September 13, 2008, 03:41:08 AM »
Yuck! Bet it was red cordial or something. That stuff would be hard to get out, especially if it were shag pile......

It wasn't shag carpet, but it was very hard to get the stain out, especially on the stairs. 

duncvis

« Reply #6718 on: September 13, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »
Wish this dull headache would fuck off. Since its mostly child-inspired I'm not expecting it to depart until after they bugger off to bed in six hours.  :zombiefuck:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #6719 on: September 13, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
Wish this dull headache would fuck off. Since its mostly child-inspired I'm not expecting it to depart until after they bugger off to bed in six hours.  :zombiefuck:

Hate those things. No amount of anything gets rid of 'en either, whether it's Codeine or any other painkiller. Hope it goes soon....