Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249937 times)

thepeaguy

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6345 on: August 03, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »

Women reflect on their actions, men don't. They operate on primal urges.

Now now, lets not paint all men with the same presumptuous brush. ;)

She's trying to be funnah. GalileoAce, World of Warcraft geek, take note.
World of Warcraft geeks love me.

I don't play World of Warcraft, and I don't love you. I like you though -- thou hath spunk.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6346 on: August 03, 2008, 11:38:28 AM »
Fucking computer is still giving me the shits.

I'll whip this bad boy into shape sooner or later, but it's gonna fucking kill me in the process.

Basicly I've have to keep changing Anti-Virus and Firewalls until I get a combination that plays well together and doesn't fuck my shit up by crashing, hanging or messing with my web surfing.

Clam AV and the old Sygate firewall work OK together.

Yeah, used to use Sygate a lot, mainly cos it just worked and wasn't a pain to deal with. But seeing as it blocks Xbox Media Center no matter what I do to the settings, it had to go.

Currently Im using Sunbelt Personal Firewall with most of the fancy shit turned off. Plus Disabling Web Shield in Avast has helped a lot. I think its a recent upgrade to avast that is making things wonky. It seems its always avast and the avast people like to blame everything else. Sigh, I suppose they will fix it eventually.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6347 on: August 03, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »

I'll whip this bad boy into shape sooner or later, but it's gonna fucking kill me in the process.

Basicly I've have to keep changing Anti-Virus and Firewalls until I get a combination that plays well together and doesn't fuck my shit up by crashing, hanging or messing with my web surfing.

Yeah, used to use Sygate a lot, mainly cos it just worked and wasn't a pain to deal with. But seeing as it blocks Xbox Media Center no matter what I do to the settings, it had to go.

Can't you create a special rule? or do you just have the free version?

Currently Im using Sunbelt Personal Firewall with most of the fancy shit turned off. Plus Disabling Web Shield in Avast has helped a lot. I think its a recent upgrade to avast that is making things wonky. It seems its always avast and the avast people like to blame everything else. Sigh, I suppose they will fix it eventually.

Avast sucks. Don't get me started on that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6348 on: August 03, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »

Yeah, I had the "full" version if you know what I mean. But no, creating a rule for it did nothing, turning of extra features did nothing, it was just somehow incompatible. Don't know how or why. Same thing happened when I tried to play network games of Star Trek Armada II. If you are the computer hosting the LAN game, it just doesn't work with Sygate. Pity, cos I really liked Sygate.

True, but finding a good free AV that covers everything isn't easy either.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6349 on: August 03, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
I have a feeling that Sygate would have been a terrific firewall by now, were it not for Symantec. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6350 on: August 03, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
I don't play World of Warcraft, and I don't love you. I like you though -- thou hath spunk.
Actually, no, I'm not a guy.  But if I was I would totally let you suck my cock, cutie.  :)

Oh? Is there a story behind that?
Well, why wouldn't they?   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

GalileoAce

« Reply #6351 on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »
Actually, no, I'm not a guy.  But if I was I would totally let you suck my cock, cutie.  :)

:lol:

Well, why wouldn't they?   :laugh:

Fair point :)

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6352 on: August 04, 2008, 05:46:58 AM »
I have a feeling that Sygate would have been a terrific firewall by now, were it not for Symantec. :grrr:

And people say microsoft are evil. They have nothing on Symantec.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6353 on: August 04, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »

Well, why wouldn't they?   :laugh:

Fair point :)
I know how to WoW teh boyz.  But yeah, not so much a story behind it as a friend of mine who plays WoW who is kind of attracted to me- not mutual but he's a fun guy.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:36:02 PM by Her Majesty, PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6354 on: August 04, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »

And people say microsoft are evil. They have nothing on Symantec.

We have the Symantec AV thing at work. It's funny because if some teenage hacker had caused half the damage Symantec is causing in slow computers and crashing server-side saves, every fucking day, he would have been jailed. But not Symantec, oh no. They get paid for it instead.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6355 on: August 04, 2008, 03:51:09 PM »
Same here, at work.

We use a couple of dirrefent, small hand held scanners and they have just "updated"  to a more "useful" live, web-based sytem, instead of self contained with a ternimal download at the beginning and end of the session. They use Windows CE and the network is a Symantec "fucked up" window to an Adobe inventory control system.

For one thing, these little devices do not have the memory to adequately handle the load demanded of them, now, and we suffer errors related to that from the devices, the network is also more sensitive to interference from other web-based devicess using "nearby frequencies," (of which we have literally buttloads  within the store, used for customer displays)  but we also have dead spots in the system coverage within our building network. The whole thing neeeeds to be re-done from the word, "GO!"

Simple tasks that are mostly brainless and used to take a half hour now take over two hours, due to having to re-establish connections, re-boot from errors associated with trying to write to memory reserved for operatingsystem functions, page load faults and various other errors from the entire system timing out.

The whole point of this particular exercise was to make each user responsible, by having to log-in to the network, for every purpose to which the the handhelds are usable. It also has created a situation where, once logged-in to the handhelds, you can not log-out. I will not give up my hand held to another without re-booting, which takes about five minutes. Some of the others share the machines, but it will be their own asses when something comes up wrong in the future. I won't share! Fuck 'em! If MY fucking name is one it, I AM (I know, that's the name of God) responsible. I won't share a log-in!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:53:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6356 on: August 04, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
:laugh:

Sorry, Dawg, but that's hilarious.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6357 on: August 04, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »
I have to laugh, to keep from killing someone or possibly maiming myself.

It's funny, because I happen to be one of the "First Ones"  to figure out what the whole problem is (OH, and I have to use my boss's emai to point all this shit out, because I am not qualified to have email within the hierarchy fo the company. I made my boss look smart) and it is multi-fold!
There are people in the corporate offices who make three to eleven times what I make, yet they set policy. They are clueless to the real world problems within the  company systems.

Did I mention, I work for a Fortune 100 Company and I take out the trash and re-fill the toilet paper holders sometimes, because no one else will?

:rofl:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:11:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #6358 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »

Yeah, I had the "full" version if you know what I mean. But no, creating a rule for it did nothing, turning of extra features did nothing, it was just somehow incompatible. Don't know how or why. Same thing happened when I tried to play network games of Star Trek Armada II. If you are the computer hosting the LAN game, it just doesn't work with Sygate. Pity, cos I really liked Sygate.

True, but finding a good free AV that covers everything isn't easy either.
>:(
batcat

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6359 on: August 04, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »
I have to use my boss's emai to point all this shit out, because I am not qualified to have email within the hierarchy fo the company. I made my boss look smart

:laugh: That's just sad. These people need to promote you.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.