Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250094 times)

thepeaguy

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6270 on: July 22, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
My mother was made redundant by her employer. Yay.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6271 on: July 22, 2008, 12:58:33 PM »
Fired?  :(
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

thepeaguy

« Reply #6272 on: July 22, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »

The company she was working for aren't making enough money, so they're trying to cut down on staff. Mum does a good job for them and this is how she's repaid.

In a way, I'm glad she's fired. They're paying her peanuts, anyway.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6273 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:22 PM »
I'm sorry, Pea.   :(  I hope she can find a better job where they appreaciate her more.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6274 on: July 22, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »
My car is going to cost almost seven hundred bucks to fix.

:hair:

I have been having problems with the battery losing voltage. I have narrowed it down to a set of relays associated with the safety door locks which work when the car's transmission is in "Drive."  They activate intermittently when the car is parked and the battery runs down after a few hours.

There are two expensive relays and a little "computer controlled switching circuit" which must be replaced.

I used to hate car payments too and some day I will hate them again when I have a kid. But it shouldn't be a huge issue for me anyway since I don't even drive that often. I use buses and trains.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6275 on: July 22, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »

The company she was working for aren't making enough money, so they're trying to cut down on staff. Mum does a good job for them and this is how she's repaid.

In a way, I'm glad she's fired. They're paying her peanuts, anyway.

This sucks. I know how it feels to have my full-time, with benefits job "disassembled" and assigned to three part time positions and then slapped in the face by getting a consolation offer of one of the part time jobs.

Hope she finds something soon, P.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6276 on: July 22, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Ugh, that sucks. Shame you can't just disconnect the relevant circuit and operate the door locks manually.

Tried that first, of course.
I thought the same thing, but the entire safety feature system is interconnected, with seatbelt detection, brake and running lamps, door "ajar" detection, airbags, windshield wipers, warning lamps in the dashboard, and even the anti-lock braking system is controlled by this little black box of shite. The computer works all the time, that's no problem, but it's gone nuts and it operates things when it should let them sleep. It is the activation of the relays for the locks and the interior lights which is running down the battery.

If I want wipers or brake lights, I have to fix the little brain that makes it all work. This was my final conclusion after some troubleshooting and the mechanic (good guy, known him for years. He knows I am a car-keeper and that he does not have to get rich off me today. I trust him.) confirmed it today, but I have a case of "stickershock", just the same.

... and I repeat   :hair:

It's better to try and have something fixed on your car ASAP instead of waiting or it will get expensive. Same as letting other things break down on your car and not having it fixed, it all adds up. But sometimes people have no choice. People have let their cars run to the ground because they couldn't afford to have it maintained. I knew someone at work who did it to his Nissan Maxima and I took the "run to the ground" phrase literal and then he told me what he meant by it when I kept questioning him about it like asking him how did he run it to the ground, we drive our cars on the ground, did he drive it into a ditch or something.

thepeaguy

« Reply #6277 on: July 22, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »
I'm sorry, Pea.   :(  I hope she can find a better job where they appreaciate her more.

She will. I'll get cracking with her CV this week.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6278 on: July 22, 2008, 01:32:15 PM »
Ugh, that sucks. Shame you can't just disconnect the relevant circuit and operate the door locks manually.

Tried that first, of course.
I thought the same thing, but the entire safety feature system is interconnected, with seatbelt detection, brake and running lamps, door "ajar" detection, airbags, windshield wipers, warning lamps in the dashboard, and even the anti-lock braking system is controlled by this little black box of shite. The computer works all the time, that's no problem, but it's gone nuts and it operates things when it should let them sleep. It is the activation of the relays for the locks and the interior lights which is running down the battery.

If I want wipers or brake lights, I have to fix the little brain that makes it all work. This was my final conclusion after some troubleshooting and the mechanic (good guy, known him for years. He knows I am a car-keeper and that he does not have to get rich off me today. I trust him.) confirmed it today, but I have a case of "stickershock", just the same.

... and I repeat   :hair:

It's better to try and have something fixed on your car ASAP instead of waiting or it will get expensive. Same as letting other things break down on your car and not having it fixed, it all adds up. But sometimes people have no choice. People have let their cars run to the ground because they couldn't afford to have it maintained. I knew someone at work who did it to his Nissan Maxima and I took the "run to the ground" phrase literal and then he told me what he meant by it when I kept questioning him about it like asking him how did he run it to the ground, we drive our cars on the ground, did he drive it into a ditch or something.

Nah, mine's not like that, but you're absolutely right. It is a very well maintained car, even though it is ten years old now. I would not hesitate to jump in and drive across the nation in it, normally. It's just that something electronic broke on it and the parts are very expensive. Honestly, it took about a month to figure out what was happening, because it only had the problem occasionally. The first time I took it to the mechanic, thinking that my battery was bad (I bought the battery new last winter), he could not find anything wrong, either.
Electronics can be like that sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:39:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6279 on: July 22, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
Bloody summer cold. I'm sniffling like mad. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #6280 on: July 23, 2008, 07:52:15 AM »
Bloody summer cold. I'm sniffling like mad. :(

Same, but it's winter. :bigcry:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

GalileoAce

« Reply #6281 on: July 23, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
I was born in Winter. It's the summers I struggle to tolerate (I like them though)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6282 on: July 23, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
Fucking replaced my son's ATi X300SE video card with my old Nvidia 8600GT only to find out that his motherboard's PCIe slots or something or other had died in the arse. That's what I get for buying a low end ASUS motherboard.

Had to go out and buy a new motherboard today for him at AUD$83.00. This time I got a Gigabyte. I've gone off ASUS now I think.

thepeaguy

« Reply #6283 on: July 23, 2008, 01:24:47 PM »
I'm sexually frustrated, and I'm getting a bit :twitch: from it.

You've been like this for a few years.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6284 on: July 23, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »
I'm sexually frustrated, and I'm getting a bit :twitch: from it.

You've been like this for a few years.

More :twitch: than usual, then.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?