Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250850 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6210 on: July 11, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
FUCK!!!!  had someone back out of a verbal contract at the last minute.  If I did something like that bet he would have filed a complaint on my contracting  license
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6211 on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »
Quote from: DirtDawg
Nope. Doesn't work.

"The Universe" despite all its chaos, "knows" when you are not looking and suckerpunches you, or massively overloads both your flanks at once when much of your energy is focused in a single direction. (This may be the expression of energy that bring chaos your way, in fact)
There is some gainful return to be had in reaching ones limits, though. I think you know this.

I hope you win both the fights with interviewers and the dom/sub crucibles ordealt   and inflicted upon you by understabbed, pilot-version SOs.

Understabbed? You think?  :laugh: I would have said the opposite.

I won the job interview. Came home to an email saying they want me in Florida for round two.  :o ("...We could fly you out during the evening, have you interview and fly back next day so you would only miss one day of work"... this is so new, I feel like a yuppie *wince*)

Partial victory on the home front. Would have been more if I hadn't been so paranoid about putting myself in optimal condition for the interview. I still don't take enough risks.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #6212 on: July 11, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »
Nope. Doesn't work.

"The Universe" despite all its chaos, "knows" when you are not looking and suckerpunches you, or massively overloads both your flanks at once when much of your energy is focused in a single direction. (This may be the expression of energy that bring chaos your way, in fact)
There is some gainful return to be had in reaching ones limits, though. I think you know this.

I hope you win both the fights with interviewers and the dom/sub crucibles ordealt   and inflicted upon you by understabbed, pilot-version SOs.

I won the job interview. Came home to an email saying they want me in Florida for round two.  :o ("...We could fly you out during the evening, have you interview and fly back next day so you would only miss one day of work"... this is so new, I feel like a yuppie *wince*)

Partial victory on the home front. Would have been more if I hadn't been so paranoid about putting myself in optimal condition for the interview. I still don't take enough risks.

Good luck.  At least in Florida, you'll be closer to a beach!   8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6213 on: July 11, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »
Nope. Doesn't work.

Uh huh and the rest of your post reflects the fact that you are as guilty as the rest of us of selling yourself well short of your capabilities.

:clap:
This is really great!

Take the risk.

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6214 on: July 11, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »
 :)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #6215 on: July 11, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6216 on: July 11, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »
Nope. Doesn't work.

Nice.   Closer to the Atlantic or the Gulf?   I assume it is a larger city like Miami or Tampa.    Both have nice beaches.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6217 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »
Orlando, right smack in the middle.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6218 on: July 11, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »
Ah, I went to UCF for about 2 years.   Tons of shit to do there, compared to Jacksonville (where I live now).  That area is fun, if you like tourists lol.   Just stay away from International Drive if you have road rage haha.   You are a little closer to the Atlantic IIRC, but the drive to the Gulf beaches is worth it.   The water is calmer (no surfing), but the water is also prettier.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6219 on: July 11, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
Ugh, tourists annoy me. Do they stay in their own territory? When I lived in Savannah, as long as I kept away from River Street, it was cool.

Is there any good hiking in the area?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6220 on: July 11, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »
Ugh, tourists annoy me. Do they stay in their own territory? When I lived in Savannah, as long as I kept away from River Street, it was cool.

They stay near the resorts and theme parks mostly.   If you don't go there, you won't run into the tourists much.   Orange Ave and downtown Orlando, tourists do go to the nightclubs and bars in that area.

There are some natural areas where you can hike, but since Florida is really flat there are no real hills to hike up haha.   Do you like swamps with nature trails?   Florida has plenty of those.   There are some interesting natural springs too.

ozymandias

« Reply #6221 on: July 12, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »

Just remember Orlando is where Disneyworld is located.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6222 on: July 12, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »
If they give you a car, spend a day in Busch Gardens. Its an amazing theme park, and typically a bit quieter than the other ones (that are imo overhyped)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6223 on: July 13, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
Pile of dishes never seems to end.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6224 on: July 13, 2008, 09:40:44 AM »
Stupid fucked up system.  I want to know what the import duty would be for some computer equipment, but to find out, I'm required to pay £255 for an annual subscription to a publication of tariffs.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?