Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251878 times)

Blasted

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6120 on: June 24, 2008, 08:42:51 AM »
Hate the fact that I haven't got anyone to meet up with here  :(

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #6121 on: June 24, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »
Hate the fact that I haven't got anyone to meet up with here  :(
You live in London don't you?  I have a friend who lives in London.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6122 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »
Fucking ADSL modem kept cutting out last night, all fucking night, couldnt hold a connection for more than 10mins at a time, might have been the rain degrading the line slightly seeing as my connection profile is at the lines normal capacity already on a good day.

Gonna have to buy that better line filter and hope for the best.

Check your cables first. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6123 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
Fucking ADSL modem kept cutting out last night, all fucking night, couldnt hold a connection for more than 10mins at a time, might have been the rain degrading the line slightly seeing as my connection profile is at the lines normal capacity already on a good day.

Gonna have to buy that better line filter and hope for the best.

Check your cables first. :-\

Yeah, gonna buy all new phone cabling and replace everything, could be dodgey RJ11 connectors and shit. I ain't going under the house to check cables though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6124 on: June 24, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
Good luck. I hope you find what's wrong.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6125 on: June 24, 2008, 04:46:44 PM »
Now that it isnt raining and its dried up a bit, things are stable, but being winter and next spring, I dont want this shit repeating itself.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6126 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »
I need glasses to read now :'( Makes me feel old
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #6127 on: June 24, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

Meh, you get used to it!  I have three pairs of reading glasses, one by the computer, the second by my chair in the tv room to read by, and the third I keep in my butt pack to read labels, menus, etc when I'm away from home.  AND the cost of all three is less than the cost of ONE pair of prescription eye glasses! 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6128 on: June 25, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »

Join the club. I've had several pairs (for reading, the pooter, etc) for years.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6129 on: June 25, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »

I have used glasses for about ten years, now. About two years ago I started using reading glasses for small print.

:^\

Coincidentally, I have an optometrist appointment on Friday. I may opt for bi-focals. Talk about feeling old!

:zoinks:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6130 on: June 26, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »
I have had to wear glasses ever since I was 5 years old.   My eyes have continued to get worse, at least you had some good years with decent eyesight.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6131 on: June 27, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
I bought a card reader today, since I needed one that could read mini-SD cards and this one said it did, but it doesn't.  It only reads them if they have an adapter, and the whole point of getting a new card reader was that I'd lost the adapter for my mini-SD card.  Back to the shop it goes...
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6132 on: June 27, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »
I bought a card reader today, since I needed one that could read mini-SD cards and this one said it did, but it doesn't.  It only reads them if they have an adapter, and the whole point of getting a new card reader was that I'd lost the adapter for my mini-SD card.  Back to the shop it goes...

Why not just keep the reader and buy a new card with an adapter. That would also give you more storage space, if you need it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6133 on: June 27, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »

Why not just keep the reader and buy a new card with an adapter. That would also give you more storage space, if you need it.

I already have a card reader, but my original one is a 4-in-1 reader, while this new one was advertised as 61-in-1, but they're pretty much the same as it turns out.  I wanted a reader that could handle mini-SD cards rather than getting a new card with an adapter, since I could lose the adapter again, but I wouldn't lose a card reader.  Now I'll have to go with plan B, which is buying a new card.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6134 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »
I have a very dry mouth. Annoying. :grrr:

- Albert Einstein