Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249745 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #5820 on: May 18, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
I'm uncomfortable and procrastinating.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5821 on: May 18, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
I'm uncomfortable and procrastinating.

What's causing you the discomfort?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5822 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »
The fact that I'm too cheap to buy a desk and chair because I have to move in a couple months anyway, so I'm using my laptop off cardboard boxes in a position that's not good for my back or wrist. I'm worried about the wrist actually because between work and home I use a mouse nearly constantly and it's started hurting. I'm teaching myself ambidexterity but I'm not precise enough with it yet to be able to work at speed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5823 on: May 18, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »
I gave too much of myself at work, today, not only otherwise,  but physically too.

I'm fucking beat and my hip hurts.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5824 on: May 18, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
The fact that I'm too cheap to buy a desk and chair because I have to move in a couple months anyway, so I'm using my laptop off cardboard boxes in a position that's not good for my back or wrist. I'm worried about the wrist actually because between work and home I use a mouse nearly constantly and it's started hurting. I'm teaching myself ambidexterity but I'm not precise enough with it yet to be able to work at speed.
Ikea might be worth a trip...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5825 on: May 18, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »
One, no car. Two, what part of too cheap and doesn't want to just be dumping it in a month or two anyway doesn't make sense?

This is the bitch thread, not the "I'm going to run out and solve my problem right this minute" thread.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5826 on: May 18, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »

:laugh:

Thank you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5827 on: May 18, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »

:P

Yeah, but ...
Do you use your laptop all the time?
Get yourself a laptop desk, seriously. I don't know what he is talking about, but I suggest one of those wood topped, beanbag-padded underneath, takes up about the same space as a large pillow, puts all your joints in a better position that you can control and alter as you need, laptop desks for about forty bucks. It would be a semi-permanent homebased accessory to your laptop that would also be easy to move when the time comes.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5828 on: May 18, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »
One, no car. Two, what part of too cheap and doesn't want to just be dumping it in a month or two anyway doesn't make sense?

This is the bitch thread, not the "I'm going to run out and solve my problem right this minute" thread.  :P
I dont read thread titles around here. Nor peoples posts :P

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5829 on: May 18, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
Get yourself a laptop desk, seriously. I don't know what he is talking about, but I suggest one of those wood topped, beanbag-padded underneath, takes up about the same space as a large pillow, puts all your joints in a better position that you can control and alter as you need, laptop desks for about forty bucks. It would be a semi-permanent homebased accessory to your laptop that would also be easy to move when the time comes.

Huh. Didn't know there were such thing.

I only use the laptop at home. The setup at work's not great, but it's better - desk, chair, monitor at good height, and I ought to bring in one of those pads for resting your wrist on. I'm wondering if one of those strap on wrist braces would work too.

ozymandias

« Reply #5830 on: May 18, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »

Huh. Didn't know there were such thing.

I only use the laptop at home. The setup at work's not great, but it's better - desk, chair, monitor at good height, and I ought to bring in one of those pads for resting your wrist on. I'm wondering if one of those strap on wrist braces would work too.

It should, better that than chronic wrist and hand pain.  Also do you do any kind of light stretching exercises for the hand and wrist?  It might be a good idea, especially if your on for any length of time.  Give yourself breaks to prevent repetetive motion problems. 

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5831 on: May 18, 2008, 01:35:25 PM »
Yeah, I do stretches, but they don't seem to help much.

If it's hurting a little bit now, how old will I be when I start having serious problems?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5832 on: May 18, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
depends - two weeks, ten years...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5833 on: May 18, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
Yeah, I do stretches, but they don't seem to help much.

If it's hurting a little bit now, how old will I be when I start having serious problems?

Like everything else, think of your exposure to risk factors and judge for yourself.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5834 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

You need to act now, before you get real problems with RSI. :-\ Laptops are not good for your neck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein