Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250257 times)

Sophgay

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #5355 on: April 12, 2008, 07:30:52 AM »
I wish I didn't have anxiety
Either that or I wasn't such a fucking coward  :elvis:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5356 on: April 12, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »
Stupid benefits system.  If they let me do what I wanted with my money, I could save and invest it and possibly not need to be on benefits forever, but instead they'll stop my benefits if I have more than £2000, and only start them again once I've spent some of it.
Could you put your savings into another bank account that the government doesn't know about?
Savings accounts are all tied to my national insurance number, so I doubt I could hide stuff that way.
The only thing I can think of is hiding your money the old-fashioned way. Under your mattress.

Buy  a safe I have two :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #5357 on: April 12, 2008, 08:00:44 AM »
omg fucking retard internet being spazztastic

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5358 on: April 12, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
Stupid benefits system.  If they let me do what I wanted with my money, I could save and invest it and possibly not need to be on benefits forever, but instead they'll stop my benefits if I have more than £2000, and only start them again once I've spent some of it.
Could you put your savings into another bank account that the government doesn't know about?
Savings accounts are all tied to my national insurance number, so I doubt I could hide stuff that way.
The only thing I can think of is hiding your money the old-fashioned way. Under your mattress.

Sadly, that defeats the whole point of the exercise, which is to invest and have the money grow exponentially, as investments do.  By hiding it under the mattress, I actually lose money as inflation eats away about 3% of the hidden money every year.  If I could invest as I pleased, I could eventually have enough money to not require benefits, but by denying me that option, the system ensures that I'll remain dependent on benefits.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5359 on: April 12, 2008, 09:39:37 AM »
Sadly, that defeats the whole point of the exercise, which is to invest and have the money grow exponentially, as investments do.  By hiding it under the mattress, I actually lose money as inflation eats away about 3% of the hidden money every year.  If I could invest as I pleased, I could eventually have enough money to not require benefits, but by denying me that option, the system ensures that I'll remain dependent on benefits.
The whole thing sucks. :( I would probably try and use someone else's account but then you have the issue of trust and that sort of thing.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5360 on: April 12, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
The whole thing sucks. :( I would probably try and use someone else's account but then you have the issue of trust and that sort of thing.

On the plus side, I've been helping mum with her finances, since she inherited some money when her father died.  Most of it's willed to me, so I have a pretty strong interest in making sure it gets high returns.  Unfortunately, mum is pathologically risk-averse, and would have left it sitting around in a savings account and trickled it into cash ISA's if I hadn't kept on at her about it, but she's coming around now and has finally realised that the ultra-cautious approach doesn't pay off.  I also educated her a bit about insurance, and she's cut about £100/month off her insurance bill after getting rid of the superfluous crap that she doesn't need insurance for.  £10 a month, for example, was going to pay for 'accidental damages', like if she spilled paint on a carpet, which is entirely unnecessary; she has more than enough capital to pay for things on her own, and that £10 a month could buy her a new carpet every year.  Now she's just insured for things that she couldn't pay for on her own, like if the house burned down, and car insurance, which she's legally required to have.  I told her to change the car insurance to third-party only insurance, but I don't know if she's done that or not.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5361 on: April 12, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »

Buy something that rises in value each year, e.g. wine and art.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5362 on: April 12, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »
wow - will you sort out my finances, too?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5363 on: April 12, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
I could point you in the direction of any relevant loopholes I have heard about. Obviously what I am suggesting to Peter is a bit of a grey area, he cant invest in too much wine otherwise its obvious what he is doing.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5364 on: April 12, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »
Need diversification.   You can't just invest in one thing.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5365 on: April 12, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
I could point you in the direction of any relevant loopholes I have heard about. Obviously what I am suggesting to Peter is a bit of a grey area, he cant invest in too much wine otherwise its obvious what he is doing.

oh, please do.   :thumbup:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5366 on: April 12, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »
Migraine since 10 starting to subside enough that I can open my eyes  :'(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5367 on: April 12, 2008, 02:17:49 PM »

oh, please do.   :thumbup:
Feel free to put up the problem, and if I or anyone else knows something about it, then most of us here would probably offer help. Btw Peter did go into quite a lot of specifics there, though, I am not too sure that its a good idea to do that on here per se.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5368 on: April 12, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »
:LMAO:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:02:45 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5369 on: April 13, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »
i think the dawg's on my wavelength.  ;)