Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250859 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #4485 on: March 12, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
Loose cabling and/or connections is the most common thing with hardware it seems.   That or incorrect jumper settings on a mobo.  At least it wasn't something that needed to be replaced.

That is awesome that you got a free laptop.  You can't really bitch about that part of the deal haha.  Do you not have much RAM (you seem to say it doesn't run XP well)?

It's got 256MB of RAM, but when the connection was loose on the DVD drive, it only booted into windows one time in about 10 tries, and I only had access to a limited account.  Now I just hope I can get some peace to work on it, without my dog clawing and whining at me every 5 minutes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4486 on: March 12, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »
Loose cabling and/or connections is the most common thing with hardware it seems.   That or incorrect jumper settings on a mobo.  At least it wasn't something that needed to be replaced.

That is awesome that you got a free laptop.  You can't really bitch about that part of the deal haha.  Do you not have much RAM (you seem to say it doesn't run XP well)?

It's got 256MB of RAM, but when the connection was loose on the DVD drive, it only booted into windows one time in about 10 tries, and I only had access to a limited account.  Now I just hope I can get some peace to work on it, without my dog clawing and whining at me every 5 minutes.

What kind?  I have never used Tiny XP. Is that enough?

Last week we ran a sale on a  1GB stick of DDR2 notebook RAM for thirty two dollars. I'm sure you can find it priced similarly at one of our competitors. (double the price if you need DDR)

MOD:

I'm forgetting lots of words, today. Sure does fuck up what I'm trying to say.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:57:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4487 on: March 12, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
That's good news, Peter. I'm glad that it wasn't a more serious hardware problem. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4488 on: March 12, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
That's good news, Peter. I'm glad that it wasn't a more serious hardware problem. :)

Yeah, like an intermittent mobo circuit trace.

:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4489 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »

Last week we ran a sale on a  1GB stick of DDR2 notebook RAM for thirty two dollars. I'm sure you can find it priced similarly at one of our competitors. (double the price if you need DDR)

The System Properties screen lists the following specs:

Intel(R) Pentium(R)M processor 1.60GHz
800MHz, 248MB of RAM

Tiny XP runs great on it, and is taking up 105MB of RAM at the moment.  I don't intend to do anything fancy with it; just have it sitting in a corner downloading stuff mostly.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4490 on: March 12, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »

The System Properties screen lists the following specs:

Intel(R) Pentium(R)M processor 1.60GHz
800MHz, 248MB of RAM

Tiny XP runs great on it, and is taking up 105MB of RAM at the moment.  I don't intend to do anything fancy with it; just have it sitting in a corner downloading stuff mostly.

JEEZ!

Sounds like you're all set.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4491 on: March 12, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »
FREEZE!  put your hands in the air, and move away from the computer!   :police:

right, now then.

a non-geek bitch, if you lot don't mind.

bloody drama going on here - i go out to a lecture my old friend was giving at my uni, and when i return home, there are three (count 'em) ambulances and three police cars parked in my street.  (two of them parked right outside my sodding house, so my poor car is abandoned halfway round the world ::) ).

"ooooh!" i think, "gossip and scandal!"  so i ask the police officer lurking outside the house next door to mine (front door open, lights ablazing) what's going on.  "i'm not allowed to tell you," he says.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  i wanted to say, "but i'm autistic, and i'll be really distressed if i don't know wtf's going on!" but didn't feel i could, as that's only a small part of the reason for my enquiry, the main part being that i'm an incurably nosy bitch.  :laugh:

i'm still none the wiser.  bastards.

(did find a less precarious parking space for the car, though).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4492 on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »

:police: :police: :police: :police:

Near my house last night!

... and firetrucks. It's always very upsetting with all those fucking lights from everywhere.

I figured it out right away, though. It seems that a semi-truck had come through town from the interstate with his brakes on fire and starting the entire back end of his trailer on fire also. His vinyl cover over his cargo had caught fire and he was leaving a horribly stinky trail of burning puddles of vinyl behind him. The cops had just caught up with him and blocked his path. He stopped one block away and around the corner, but upwind (GAG!!) while they put out the fire.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4493 on: March 12, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »

right, now then.

bloody drama going on here - i go out to a lecture my old friend was giving at my uni, and when i return home, there are three (count 'em) ambulances and three police cars parked in my street.  (two of them parked right outside my sodding house, so my poor car is abandoned halfway round the world ::) ).

"ooooh!" i think, "gossip and scandal!"  so i ask the police officer lurking outside the house next door to mine (front door open, lights ablazing) what's going on.  "i'm not allowed to tell you," he says.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  i wanted to say, "but i'm autistic, and i'll be really distressed if i don't know wtf's going on!" but didn't feel i could, as that's only a small part of the reason for my enquiry, the main part being that i'm an incurably nosy bitch.  :laugh:

That dog silent tonight? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #4494 on: March 12, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
the curious incident of the dog in the night!    :P

WOOF

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4495 on: March 12, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »

right, now then.

no it fucking well wasn't - the police had shoved it out in the garden.  ::)

btw, it transpires that the nice bloke next door has been murdered.  i really, really have to move - that's the second person who's died in that house in a matter of months.

is it me, do you think?   :-\

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4496 on: March 12, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
the curious incident of the dog in the night!    :P

WOOF

:laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #4497 on: March 12, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »

right, now then.

btw, it transpires that the nice bloke next door has been murdered.  i really, really have to move - that's the second person who's died in that house in a matter of months.

MOVE and move as fast as possible!   :o

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4498 on: March 12, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »
too bloody right - just have to wait for the final pratting about with the PhD.  ::)

(other people's, that is, not mine).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4499 on: March 12, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

right, now then.

GOOD GAWD, Woman!

I hate that kind of shit. Definitely, get the hell out of there!!