Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250392 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #4350 on: March 06, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »
We just got a visit from the police; apparently someone had gotten suspicious about my unconventional lighting and had called them to say I was growing cannabis, so a couple of big police officers turned up to investigate.  Mum invited them up to my room, and they were quite taken by the blue LED fairy lights, and then they apologised lots and left.

It's lovely to know that people out there are taking such an interest in my affairs.  According to the police, it wasn't one of the neighbours, but someone up the road who passes this way.  At night, my window is a bit striking in contrast to the rest of the windows in the street; while they all glow an ugly orange/yellow from the lights in the houses, mine glow blue/white, and sometimes just blue, depending on which lights I have on.  I also put privacy film on them, since I didn't like the fish-bowl effect where the entire street was able to see into my room, and in the past, there's been a jungle of (non-cannabis) plants pressed against the window.

WTF?

What made the police think they could just walk up to your door, accuse you of a crime and be allowed entry into your private home? Did they have a warrant of some kind?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4351 on: March 06, 2008, 04:27:03 PM »
I suspect that it was OK for them to check since his mum invited them upstairs... :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4352 on: March 06, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »
I suspect that it was OK for them to check since his mum invited them upstairs... :-\

In this case it was probably better to invite them in and show them the pretty lights and be done with it than to have them come back later with a warrant and do an exhaustive search that might turn up items of interest.  Recent history has shown that ADD Asperger sorts with a multitude of obscure hobbies will get accused of all sorts if the police ever rifle through their stuff.  It's fortunate that tonight I just had a little khat plant behind my monitor, a bag of cactus compost on the floor beside my desk and a bookshelf covered in a clear plastic sheet with a lamp, aquarium and various water-filled jars in it, and didn't have lines of amphetamine on my shaving mirror or a pile of 10 laptops sitting out where they could be seen, or a chemistry set bubbling away on my desk, or electronics components and soldering irons everywhere.  They might have gotten the wrong idea then.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4353 on: March 06, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
I have nothing to hide  :zoinks:

That bodes well for the orgy webcast.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4354 on: March 06, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »

I guess I/we am/are not as trusting, since our police are heavily armed. We need them to be armed to uphold our rather harsh laws, but a whole new, additional set of responsibilities goes along with that acceptance. They can not expect to perform a search of a premises with no legal probable cause to suspect a crime has been committed.

I can't even imagine that they would show up at a  citizen's door and expect to be politely invited in to investigate a reported crime (fourth and fifth amendments to our constitution), with absolutely no proof of any crime having been committed. 

I live in a dream world, I suppose.

I'm an American.

Of course, once she allowed them access to her home, they were able to extend the scope of their search at will to include multiple searches, FFS!.

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4355 on: March 06, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »
Of course, once she allowed them access to her home, they were able to extend the scope of their search at will to include multiple searches, FFS!.

This I doubt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4356 on: March 06, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »

In this case it was probably better to invite them in and show them the pretty lights and be done with it than to have them come back later with a warrant and do an exhaustive search that might turn up items of interest.  Recent history has shown that ADD Asperger sorts with a multitude of obscure hobbies will get accused of all sorts if the police ever rifle through their stuff.  It's fortunate that tonight I just had a little khat plant behind my monitor, a bag of cactus compost on the floor beside my desk and a bookshelf covered in a clear plastic sheet with a lamp, aquarium and various water-filled jars in it, and didn't have lines of amphetamine on my shaving mirror or a pile of 10 laptops sitting out where they could be seen, or a chemistry set bubbling away on my desk, or electronics components and soldering irons everywhere.  They might have gotten the wrong idea then.

I understand that you are OK with this.

You are fine now and the next person who sends the police your way, thepolice will have a record that you have been investigated and nothing was found.

You may be the winner, here.

... but it makes me puke!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4357 on: March 06, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »

This I doubt.

why?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4358 on: March 06, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »

You are fine now and the next person who sends the police your way, thepolice will have a record that you have been investigated and nothing was found.

The thing that bothers me most is that some busybody reported me, and not for having cannabis plants hanging out of the window or anything obvious like that, but for lights that were 'too blue' or something.  It makes me wonder what else would spark a report to the police, and how many informants there are out there looking for signs of non-conformity.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4359 on: March 06, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »

The thing that bothers me most is that some busybody reported me, and not for having cannabis plants hanging out of the window or anything obvious like that, but for lights that were 'too blue' or something.  It makes me wonder what else would spark a report to the police, and how many informants there are out there looking for signs of non-conformity.

I see this, too, but we would hardly have to worry about busybodies, if there were some controls in place to help the police to help us with our privacy.

How the fuck can someone driving by your house get you investigated by the police? I mean, if you aren't fucking teenage mutants in your front yard, why is the police interested in invading your privacy>?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4360 on: March 06, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »

Changing the subject ...

I just got a phone call (maybe you can't imagine how much i loathe phoning!) from our medical insurance agency (my wife gave them my cell phone number, FFS!) to warn me that the doctor we have chosen is not going to be accepted by our plan.

I may vote for Hillary, yet! Who gives a fuck if I want my wife invitrofertilized post-hysterectomy GOD DAMN IT!?

If it means less phoning, then I'll vote for the current Clinton, Hillary!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:41:08 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #4361 on: March 06, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »

I see this, too, but we would hardly have to worry about busybodies, if there were some controls in place to help the police to help us with our privacy.

How the fuck can someone driving by your house get you investigated by the police? I mean, if you aren't fucking teenage mutants in your front yard, why is the police interested in invading your privacy>?

In maine, people have had their homes raided after search warrants  were taken out, on the grounds of abnormally large electrical consumption.  Each time they raided they found large indoor marijuana growing operations and/or meth labs.  Also the lights used to grow plants indoors and their distinctive colors can be grounds for a visit from the police.   ::)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4362 on: March 06, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

In maine, people have had their homes raided after search warrants  were taken out, on the grounds of abnormally large electrical consumption.  Each time they raided they found large indoor marijuana growing operations and/or meth labs.  Also the lights used to grow plants indoors and their distinctive colors can be grounds for a visit from the police.   ::)

I think that a visit from the police for a set of fairy lights is a bit extreme.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ozymandias

« Reply #4363 on: March 06, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »

I think that a visit from the police for a set of fairy lights is a bit extreme.

Police are police, some take their jobs way too seriously and love to throw their power around.  C'est la vie! 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4364 on: March 06, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »

nah I'm voting for Hillary.

You guys can sit back and watch, but we NEED a woman presidenT!

About fifty years ago, really!