Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250461 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #4080 on: February 20, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
:hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #4081 on: February 20, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »
sick at work

Gotta make sure I know where that trashcan is.  :puke:
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4082 on: February 20, 2008, 06:35:13 PM »
sick at work

Gotta make sure I know where that trashcan is.  :puke:

Who needs a trash can where's your boss :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4083 on: February 20, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
it might be - the homeopathic Law of Cure makes it worse before it gets better.  i could do with a break, though.  :(

:-\

Does the Law of Cure have any provisions for how long it's good to try a thing and watch yourself steadily decline before you can expect an upswing?

<mildly graphic details>

Last year I tried that - more because I was running out of allopathic meds and couldn't afford health insurance than great faith in homeopathy, but I figured what the hell, it might help. The eczema kept getting worse - when I started it ranged from 4-6 on a scale of 10 (0=gone, 10=unbearable) on any given day. A few months later it was averaging 7-8, spiking at 9. By the time I finally gave up on the homeopathy and went to a free clinic, most of my back was weeping too much to develop scabs, and there wasn't a position I could sleep in where the sheets wouldn't get stuck to me.

If there was a mental turning point at all, it was when I cut off the homeopathy. I've been told I just didn't have enough belief, but that seems an awfully dangerous path to head down when your self-protective instincts are dicey. I have to question the dependability of a system where cure is indistinguishable from decline.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:43:36 PM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Sophgay

« Reply #4084 on: February 21, 2008, 12:55:08 AM »
Can't get my laptop straight

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4085 on: February 21, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
it might be - the homeopathic Law of Cure makes it worse before it gets better.  i could do with a break, though.  :(

:-\

Does the Law of Cure have any provisions for how long it's good to try a thing and watch yourself steadily decline before you can expect an upswing?

good question.  i'm never clear on that one either, and am crap at discerning exactly whether it's better or not.

at the moment, my actual skin is better in that it's not covered in ghastly red scabs or raked scratches where ireally go for it in desperation, but the itching is still all over and drives me insane (and is exhausting).  so i think it's better in one respect, but in another, it's not.

and there are some bits of me which are definitely better.  it IS so difficult to tell though, uinless it goes away completely.

does that makes sense?

<mildly graphic details>

Last year I tried that - more because I was running out of allopathic meds and couldn't afford health insurance than great faith in homeopathy, but I figured what the hell, it might help. The eczema kept getting worse - when I started it ranged from 4-6 on a scale of 10 (0=gone, 10=unbearable) on any given day. A few months later it was averaging 7-8, spiking at 9. By the time I finally gave up on the homeopathy and went to a free clinic, most of my back was weeping too much to develop scabs, and there wasn't a position I could sleep in where the sheets wouldn't get stuck to me.

i'm like that.  it's vile.  and then there's the "take clothes off and watch the snowstorm" one, which is not only unpleasant (and causes Housework), but means there's little flakes of skin dust to land on you and make you itch even more.  :(

If there was a mental turning point at all, it was when I cut off the homeopathy. I've been told I just didn't have enough belief, but that seems an awfully dangerous path to head down when your self-protective instincts are dicey. I have to question the dependability of a system where cure is indistinguishable from decline.

YES!  i've had that conversation, although i've never come across a homeopath who's so fucking stupid as to suggest belief has anything to do with it.

the last time my eczema was really bad (about 15 years ago), i took the remedy and the law of cure worked by making it worse for a couple of days, and the symptoms go in reverse, i.e., the last place it flared up was the first it cleared up, etc.  after four months of no sleep and torture, it was completely clear after those few days.

then it flared up slightly a few weeks later, and i went back and got another remedy.  i was really down, thinking that it hadn't worked and wouldn't work, and, again, it disappeared within three days.  so it's not a matter of belief, cos i didn't believe it'd work the second time.

i asked my current homeopath about this, and she said yes, that happened if you hit on the right cure straight away.  that takes an awful lot of talking and them finding yout about you as a person, etc., so i'm not altogether surprised it's taking more than one try this time, given the eczema's been so bad for so long.

Sophgay

« Reply #4086 on: February 21, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
My black ink is running low

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4087 on: February 21, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
My yellow ink is running low
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #4088 on: February 21, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »
My energy is running low   :yawn:  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4089 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

I had a very frustrating time at the bank today. It's not the bank where my main accounts are located, but another where we had my wife's car financed. Someone else mentioned that they came close to a meltdown, today. Mine would have been more like an angry outburst and a stalk-off, with witnesses.

I called the bank on the phone (horrid task!) to find out the pay off total on the last three payments. (It seemed smart at the time) Obviously there will be a small bit of the interest not owed them so they take it off the total when I pay the note off ahead of time.  I got it all figured out on the phone, to the cent! I had it all written down! It took almost twenty minutes of phone time, but worth it, if it saves me time in the bank.

When I got to the bank, there was a line (hhumph), so I made out the final check. When I had them settle it up, the figures came out different. (grr! FINE, don't care.)   It was in my favor.

No problem, just give me the change. They can't do that. The check has to match. (We're paying off the car. This is a good thing)

OK so I'll write out another check. I can't do that, because they had already endorsed the check. (What ever. It's ALL good! Nothing can spoil this!)

So then cash the check and I'll give it all back to you less the amount the check is over. They can't do that, because the check is in the machine. (what difference does that make? *deep breath*)

Besides, sir, we can't cash your check since you don't have an account here. (excuse me, but they have been cashing my checks for five years on MY FUCKING ACCOUNT, which I'm here to close out. Why is this one different?)

OK! Let's start over. Cancel this transaction and we just start all over again from the top. (Trying to smile!)

They can't do that, because she doesn't know how. (This is taking WAY too fucking long!)

So ask the manager to help you. She IS the manager. (I'm getting a burning sensation in my ears, now.)

We end up with three people working on "my case" While the other two lines come to a halt and the bank continues to fill up with patrons far more annoyed about a delay than I am, but they think it's MY fauult! (Begin to glare around the room, trying to indicate that I am the MOST annoyed person here and no one should say another fucking word!)

(I also realize that if the bank suddenly burst into flames,, which you know, it always CAN, there are a hell of a lot of people I will have to trample on my way out.)

(I didn't really notice how small this building was when I came in!)

(Why do they have the damn heater up so high.)

(My shirt's too tight around the neck!)

(If anyone coughs up anything else, I just might ...)

About that time, a teenage looking guy comes around the corner and said he knew what to do. Disappeared for a second under the counter and unplugged the machine, sending all three women into a state of sheer panic. (my eyebrow pops up going half erect as I begin to understand what he did) These women are writing down the time "When It Happened" and telling him HE will be the one to answer for THIS!

(first one person left, then quickly two more patrons took their exit.) They said that was a big mistake for him to do that because they will now have lost information. His idea was that they NEEDED to lose THIS information. It worked! As the work-station re-booted the check cycled out, the transaction did not exist any longer and we are ready to start over.

The youngest n00b was my hero, even as one old biddy was calling on the telephone for back-up help to another branch. This young kid knew more about how that shit worked that all three of the women who had been working there long enough to wear shiny spots on the counter where the rest their boobs.

I grabbed my check off the counter and said that we need another check to be written, "RIGHT?"

I believe I made it out of there just before I had suffer the indignity of some kind of personal consequence. Thanks go mainly to the kid, who is obviously a green-as-gooseshit geek, fresh out of college, and a little thanks to the entertainment value of watching the flock of three plucked hens who each had their own versions of meltdowns today in front of about twenty strangers.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:23:47 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4090 on: February 21, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »

Oops, sorry. That wasn't a very quick one was it?

Things worked out OK, though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4091 on: February 21, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
 :laugh:

It was an entertaining read, though.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Sophgay

« Reply #4092 on: February 21, 2008, 08:36:33 PM »
My bed is wonky
And my mum just told me to go to sleep
I'm hungry as well

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4093 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
:laugh:

It was an entertaining read, though.

It really was touch-n-go there for a while. I had brought my mind to the place where this was going to be almost an instantaneously accomplished feat. It was all over but the "doing."

Oh HELL no!

It took a lot of doing to not lose my cool.

:D

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4094 on: February 21, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »
My bitch for today is my neurotic self. Twice in the past two weeks I've spent my lunch hour walking across downtown to the post office, walked in the door, gotten scared for no logical reason, and turned around and walked out again.

Fuck angst, I need stamps.  :grrr: